Tyler Lockett

hawk45

Reaction score
This thread is on the level as ACfan suggesting Collins would be kept while Lacy may be cut. Only even more delusional.

Seafan

Reaction score
TLock was in full uniform and did the entire pregame warmup at the Chiefs game. I watched him from the sideline. He looked great to me and Pete has said he will be a full go against the Packers.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
" I just want the best players at this time (not a month from now), to have an opportunity. "

This is why you are not, nor will you ever be, an NFL GM. Decisions that make sense long term are why the 'Hawks have been able to remain towards the top of the heap for awhile now. Ditto for the damn Patriots.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Everything we have been told by management says that Tyler is 100% . The "Lockett Rocket" is all fueled up and ready to blast off in 2017.

I had to laugh when someone asked if the original poster was Williams, he's the only one I can think of that would suggest anything as ridiculous as letting our best receiver go so he could stay.

I've been a Seahawks fan since they announced the formation of the team, and while Tyler is still young in his career you'd be hard fought to find another hawk in all those years since who put his career on the line over and over again to help us win game after game like tyler has and will continue to do for his team.

Last I heard, Tyler and a few other hawks recovering from serious injuries were undergoing some new stem cell injection therapy that not only promotes more complete healing of bones and joints but eliminates all the painful inflammation and ongoing irritations that most players are plagued with long after their initial recoveries.

The new treatment, in many reported cases allows players to play better than they were able to prior to their injury. I'm looking for Tyler to shock the 12 this year and be one of the major reasons we are in the next super bowl.

Tyler Lockett has only scratched the surface of the greatness he is capable of achieving. His whole life has been a story of miracles and he's got plenty more of them for us to witness in the years ahead. Go Tyler ..,!

Go Seahawks. !!!

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I think the OP forgot the :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off: in his post

Seriously,, wanting to cut a guy that has proven it on the field of play for potentially 4 healthier weeks of another guy that hasn't done squat is nuts!

Josea16

Reaction score
Should I be offended that this guy is suggesting we cut my favourite player who produces at an all pro/Probowl level in real NFL games before suffering a one off freak injury?

I knew Lockett was going to be elite just from watching his games at Kansas State it was an no brainer.

Lockett like Procise are full go September 10th and Sheldon Richardson is a bad man and has been tearing it up this preseason much like Russell Wilson. Unlike previous years that Green Bay game is a pick em game at this point.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
This guys love and irrationality towards Kasen is bordering on Anthony! territory.

mrt144

Reaction score
Look, I would have loved to seen what Kasen could do with some more opportunity but that's donezo here, and so we move on.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Lockett to the practice squad??? This is seriously the most ridiculous post I have ever read!! I would have loved to see Kasen make the team but someone needs to deal with reality.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ecw48qi5 said:
This guys love and irrationality towards Kasen is bordering on Anthony! territory.
Please, lets not follow up one goofy & absurd notion with another. SMH :177692:

OP
OP
R

RW92

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2izdm8ev said:
Hawkpower":2izdm8ev said:
Please, lets not follow up one goofy & absurd notion with another. SMH :177692:

Hawkpower, just to let you know I'm beyond goofy and absurd. My professional career would support that. Hey I just love the game and was questioning the health status of a player yes that we all love.

Since you seem more intelligent than I am, I'll let you take over this thread at this time. It won't deter my comments in the future. I already have tickets for Met Life come October 22nd, and will continue to support our team.

With that being said I as long as we are healthy at wide receiver I think we are poised and prepared for a win on Sunday and a great year.

Sheldon Richardson is the one addition we needed on Defense to give us that look from our past Super Bowl run. Can't wait for next Sunday.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Hhahhahaha cut Tyler Lockett.... oh man thank you for that laugh this morning. He wouldn't make it past the first team on the waiver wire

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
xStickybudz":rqr0h7a9 said:
Hhahhahaha cut Tyler Lockett.... oh man thank you for that laugh this morning. He wouldn't make it past the first team on the waiver wire

Maybe not the best analogy...since Williams didn't make it past the first team either...but, yeah!

Hawks46

Reaction score
RW92":1vee5xyj said:
Alexander":1vee5xyj said:
Jazzhawk":1vee5xyj said:
RW92, are you really Kasen Williams? 'Cause that's the only way your post makes any sense.

To be fair to Kasen Williams, I'm pretty sure even he doesn't think the Hawks should've cut Lockett over him.

I honestly can't believe someone would post something like this thread. Lockett hasn't been cut because he's demonstrated Pro Bowl talent as a WR in real games, and as unfortunate as his injury was, everyone expects a full recovery. The only question is when he reaches 100%. By all accounts, he'll be ready to go for the the start of the season. Even if he's not really 100% healthy or in game shape by then, he should be near his old self at some point this season.

And at what point is he healthy? Hey glad to see this post has created debate laced with such temerity. But I have my opinion and I will stand by what I saw. I don't care if it's against the norm. I just want the best players at this time (not a month from now), to have an opportunity. Hey I hope Tyler does play next week and he's healthy. We need him. Let's hope for a win and see what happens.

It's really very simple.

If Pete didn't think he'd be ready to go by game 1 or 2, he would've kept Lockett on the PUP. Especially with the depth at WR. Then they could've looked at Williams in real games and seen if he brought the same thing against real starters in real games.

There's no question of Lockett's health. There is, however, a question about Willaims' effort. Williams has Lockett by 30 lbs, but puts out less than half the effort of Lockett to block. On a team that emphasizes the run, that won't win you a roster spot.

rigelian

Reaction score
I took a bit of a vacation from the site because of moving (yeah I'm back in Seahawk country) and all associated with it. I start reading a bit and I see this lovely thread. Williams looked good in preseason, but we didn't see him in practice, we don't know whether he runs good routes and most of us don't follow what he does on non pass catching assignments. (Is the guy a decent blocker?). Suggesting that we replace Tyler for him is just short of being insane.