Ugo Amadi played well

seabowl

Reaction score
Was happy to see Amadi step up now that it looks like Blair will be out for a while if not the season. He was aggressive and just overall did a nice job.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
That was my adopt-a-rookie last year. The lad is growing up.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, really stepped up when called on. :2thumbs:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm so glad he wasn't cut. Always believed in that kid...maybe less so for Collier given 2019 but he has also stepped up admirably.

Did not feel that squeaker Seahawk win was necessary (the squeaker part that is) but in this game i didn't sense it was the same ol pete ball like last year but more of what organically unfolded.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Yep. I agree SantaClara.
We are seeing several depth level players step up to become important contributors. I've always been a little bit cool on Moore. but end of last year and now the 2 games this season I think he has been outstanding. That impossible catch he made tonight was a great exclamation mark for what has become consistently good performance from him. Also I like his personality. Seems like a really cool guy.
Sure wish we had Gordon on the field to talk about.
Lano has been making plays both weeks this year, at multiple positions. His stock is definitely on the rise.
The emergence of Blaire was one of my favorite things to happen for us, but now that appears in jeopardy, so it's next man up and Amadi is taking full advantage. He has looked very strong.
How bout Barton on ST last night? He made the BIG hit, but that wasn't the only one. He is doing great ST coverage work.
Actually I think our entire team is on the improve. To a man they all seem to be getting better and better.
Can hardly wait to see Brooks and Taylor get a shot, and Dallas, and our Orangeman! Also the Titan from Georgia (Walker?) we just signed late. That guy could turn out to be a beast!

That game last night should not have been anywhere near the squeaker that it turned out to be. Belichick is just SO darned good at what he does...

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":h4uofput said:
I'm so glad he wasn't cut. Always believed in that kid...maybe less so for Collier given 2019 but he has also stepped up admirably.

Did not feel that squeaker Seahawk win was necessary (the squeaker part that is) but in this game i didn't sense it was the same ol pete ball like last year but more of what organically unfolded.
The main reason it was a squeaker was the Olsen tipped pass that went pick 6 on us. Other than that, it was closer than the Atlanta game, but still always within our reach to win it.

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":eorqnq28 said:
SantaClaraHawk":eorqnq28 said:

The main reason it was a squeaker was the Olsen tipped pass that went pick 6 on us. Other than that, it was closer than the Atlanta game, but still always within our reach to win it.

One aspect was the tipped pass, the most important was our going backwards to many times on drives and killing momentum, many times we made it up but it kills the mental edge you have against the defenders.

capncrunch

Reaction score
Yeah. Saw him in the backfield a couple times even. Dude really wants to make the most of his opportunity. I think he will.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3cbtsrv3 said:
Is he strictly safety or nickel? Can he play outside? Shaq and Flowers are horrible.
Think he may be slated for the big nickel in the bandit package. Been showing some skills, though, and we'll need him to contribute for sure.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The guy is a physical tackler for his size. And he's much better at positioning his body early in routes and at the ball's arrival. I still have nightmares about him covering Davante in the playoffs last year.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I always liked his potential and thought he had good instincts to go to the ball, but I have really been surprised at his tackling ability. Like the previous poster said : he hits well for his size. I think he will fill in nicely for Blair this season. For the future I like to see him and Blair on the field at the same time.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Ugo closes real well, and when he does he's an effective tackler by reliably taking out the runner's lower legs.

He's looking very good right now.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He is short, but weighs a bit more than Griffin and 2 pounds shy of Flowers. They all are basically the same weight.

he is stronger and stouter than those two.

Latest posts