Updated Depth Chart

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Is this being discussed in another thread? If it is I'm sorry and please someone send me a direct link.

CMike is marked as the starting running back for Sunday.

What are your thoughts? I am a huge fan of Rawls. IMO if we had Rawls during Panthers game I think we would have won. I'm not ready to give up the starting nod, but CMike HAS earned it bc of Rawls is absence.

My guess is that they want to ease Rawls back, but what if CMike keeps ascending each week? There's no way Pete makes a switch when Rawls is a full go. He's not Marshall Lynch in respect that Rawls doesn't have the years of experience with this team that would earn his #1 status like Lynch did when he would go down.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Rawls must not be fully back. And that's a bummer. But I want him to be fully confident to make strong cuts and absorb big hits.

King Dog

Reaction score
Pete said in his pressor that Rawls is going to be eased back in. That's the only reason CMike is 1 on the depth chart. Would love if Michael exploded though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think Pete is as anxious for Rawls' return as anyone but they want him for the long haul. If he's ready, he will be in there.

Just my opinion.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't take too much stock in depth charts. The PC like to have strong rotations at multiple positions so "starter" doesn't have the same meaning as it might in basketball.

As far as RB goes:

Who the starting RB mattered much more during Lynch's tenure. But Pete has had great success using multiple backs in his career. His offensive philosophy is not tied to it.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Rawls is our RB1 as long as he's fully healthy and has not regressed. It doesn't look like he got worse but he'll need some time to get back to his original level and it's not smart to rush him back by giving him 20+ carries in his first real game back.

Because of this Cmike will be the RB1 for the first few games and maybe even for the rest of the season if he outplays Rawls.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
CMike should be everything he can to make this a difficult choice for Pete.

hawker84

Reaction score
I personally think CMike has all the physical tools to be a starting RB in this league, and on this team. I'm a Rawls guy don't get me wrong, but I truly thing if CMike can overcome the mental challenges that has slowed his progress, I think we could have the best 1,2 punch in the league....... I also think this is a good thing, now Rawls isn't coming back thinking he's the automatic starter, he now knows, he's got to go back out there and earn the spot. Which is good for the team, and ultimately good for us fans.. Bad new for the league.....

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
hawker84":2l94mdvb said:
I personally think CMike has all the physical tools to be a starting RB in this league, and on this team. I'm a Rawls guy don't get me wrong, but I truly thing if CMike can overcome the mental challenges that has slowed his progress, I think we could have the best 1,2 punch in the league....... I also think this is a good thing, now Rawls isn't coming back thinking he's the automatic starter, he now knows, he's got to go back out there and earn the spot. Which is good for the team, and ultimately good for us fans.. Bad new for the league.....

:ditto: Plus it says one more thing.....Number 3 on that list has a shot too. Always compete.

McGruff

Reaction score
The more important thing is Pete seems to indicate that Gilliam won the starting RT gig, and he was pretty enthusiastic about it.

Webb will be the utility lineman.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rawls I think will spot C Mike reps and fill in to get some game time and test his ankle as well as get a few game bumps, I believe the staff wants to see how he is with a game under his belt and the days after before handing the spot back to him. I also think they are being smart and not breaking C Mikes confidence with saying Rawls is the starter, in fact the non announcement of Rawls being the starter I believe was to give C Mike more confidence.

jimbojones31

Reaction score
I think some of this is rewarding Michael for his behaviour over the last 6 months - becoming a pro, learning the playbook, protecting the football etc Front Office talked him up a ton in preseason and I think it was positive reinforcement. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they'd start a guy who was substantially worse than Rawls just as a thank you, so I reckon Rawls is probably not full go just yet. They'll ease him back slowly because Michael's performances have given them that luxury and Michael gets the start as a reward for being a company man. Also I think we forget just how good Michael could be. He's burned a lot of bridges, and I for one am still not 100% sold, but I'm getting there, and if this "awakening" is genuine then Michael/Rawls in whatever order could be immense.

A

Anonymous

The only thing I'm worried about, with regard to C. Michael, is his cleats. They need to lengthen them and run a row along the edges.

Provided the equipment guys pull their heads out, he may be able to stay upright on the cuts.

Latest posts