US Mens Soccer

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1ly4kpff said:
Uncle Si":1ly4kpff said:
Ambrose83":1ly4kpff said:
Uncle Si":1ly4kpff said:
Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......

Brilliant.

I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

See yourself out.

lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.

"Lol?" Is your full time job shopping at Rue 21 and listening to Taylor Swift songs? So your come back is you're too busy to respond, while you are responding?

Christ on a bike, bright boy right there.

In a battle wits, it doesn't help to be unarmed.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":20nhbr9q said:
The US's path through the Gold Cup just got a little easier. Chicharito suffered a fractured collarbone in Mexico's friendly with Honduras last night and is expected to miss most, if not all, of the Gold Cup.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/chicharito ... 1715336646

Bummer for him. I like Hernandez.

I wonder what this means for his future. He's been the subject of some interest in Spain, England and the US. Collarbones can be a lengthy process.

Smurf

Reaction score
big win today vs Guatemala. 4-0 dismantling. Timmy Chandler had a hell of a strike.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yedlin looking good in the midfield/wing. He's much better there than as a defender. Kilinsman did what Sigi should have done while Yedlin was a Sounder.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3d9vje84 said:
Yedlin looking good in the midfield/wing. He's much better there than as a defender. Kilinsman did what Sigi should have done while Yedlin was a Sounder.

Other than the fact that he had a sure goal and tried to get cheeky with it. Finishing will come with time.

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":33jc1dva said:

His transition has been pretty stellar thus far. Although I disagree with the thought that Sigi should have initiated the transition. Yedlin's defensive abilities and knowledge will only help him be a more complete player. He is creating quite the toolset for himself.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So...

4 diamond 2 with Dempsey and Altidore.

Zardes and Yedlin wide and Beckerman in the 6..

Interesting. Game looked muddled at times, but Yedlin's pace and play off Dempsey was critical.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":26et5vck said:
So...

Interesting. Game looked muddled at times, but Yedlin's pace and play off Dempsey was critical.

I thought Zardes also had a great match holding up the ball at key times and out physical-ing the smaller Honduras back line.

But yeah, overall a pretty ugly match. But like the women's WC run, I expect the men to play better as the tournament goes along.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12jxicj6 said:
Uncle Si":12jxicj6 said:
So...

I thought Zardes also had a great match holding up the ball at key times and out physical-ing the smaller Honduras back line.

But yeah, overall a pretty ugly match. But like the women's WC run, I expect the men to play better as the tournament goes along.

I thought Beckerman lost the pace throughout, and just didnt have the quality to string possession together. He seemed to be looking at the backs of the Hondurans while facing his own goal far too often for that role. Not sure what the solution is. Jermaine Jones I guess, but he's not available.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":11as4w2l said:
I thought Beckerman lost the pace throughout, and just didnt have the quality to string possession together. He seemed to be looking at the backs of the Hondurans while facing his own goal far too often for that role. Not sure what the solution is. Jermaine Jones I guess, but he's not available.

IMO both Beckerman and Bradley looked REALLY slow on the ball against a much younger and faster Honduras midfield. Bradley was able to right the ship as the match wore on and come up with some nice passes.......Beckerman did not, which resulted in him staying too far back because he was afraid of getting beat on the counter. Probably why Klinsmann was yelling at him to get forward pretty much the entire match.

Smurf

Reaction score
scrappy win, but to be expected with that heavy of a squad rotation.

If anything this game proved that Dempsey isn't a midfielder anymore. Can't play the CAM role at that level. At half when Zardes came on and Dempsey went up top with Johansson the game changed. Not only was Zardes play great, but Dempsey was clearly more comfortable.

Will be interesting to see what lineup Klinsman roles out for our third game (meaningless as we've already won the group)....

Seabhac

Reaction score
Ambrose83":133dez2q said:
lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... .

You are probably too fat to play - that's why.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Smurf":2jdg57mi said:
Ambrose83":2jdg57mi said:
lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.

Ahem,

PWRSH4E

Now get out of my thread.

Rugby World Cup has broken top 10 and may be be in Third place after this years finals.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jamaica is running the US off the pitch so far in the semifinal. It's 2-0 Reggae Boyz already and it's not even halftime.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1uezm29a said:
This was one of the most disappointing matches I've seen the US play in a while.

Definitely disappointing. They didn't look good against Panama earlier either.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SeatownJay":33cw2wtw said:
Jamaica is running the US off the pitch so far in the semifinal. It's 2-0 Reggae Boyz already and it's not even halftime.

"Running" is the perfect word.

Holy moly did we look slow, especially Bradley, Beckerman, Evans and Johnson. Hell, if you're not going to start Yedlin at mid, why not start him at right back to inject some speed on the back line?

And I'm so done with Beckerman. Dude plays scared because he's old and slow, so he plays deep which screws up the entire midfield shape and attack. Bradley had a horrible first half, but hard to blame him since he had to cover twice as much ground because Beckerman wouldn't get off the back line.

Big props to Jamaica, they took advantage of their set pieces with a couple brilliant goals. But no way we should have lost that match.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.