Wade Phillips says he’s out of nfl due to age discrimination

Hawknballs

Reaction score
"Legislation signed by President Reagan on October 31, 1986, largely eliminates the age 70 cap on the group of workers protected by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act ("ADEA"). As you know, the ADEA previously protected workers between 40 and 70. With this new legislation, effective January 1, 1987, all workers over age 40 are protected by the ADEA."

Torc

Reaction score
"Legislation signed by President Reagan on October 31, 1986, largely eliminates the age 70 cap on the group of workers protected by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act ("ADEA"). As you know, the ADEA previously protected workers between 40 and 70. With this new legislation, effective January 1, 1987, all workers over age 40 are protected by the ADEA."

This is good info. I still can't help but think if I'm picking someone to coach my $4.5 billion franchise, an incredibly stressful job, that I'd lean towards someone less likely to have sudden health problems.

Torc

Reaction score
I'm also going to be interested in a coach more likely to be in it for the long haul. Assuming a 75 year old man stays healthy, at what point will he decide to retire? I mean, I half expect Pete to announce his retirement every offseason and he's probably the most active 71 year old I know of.

I think part of it would also depend on health history. For that matter I'd be concerned about hiring an Andy Reid. :p