The list of excuses to avoid blaming $30m Mr. Unlimited:

Head Coach
OC 1,2 and now 3. We need a fourth now?
Oline coach 1 and 2
Receivers aren't getting open!
The routes are too long to develop!
The O-line!
Carl Smith left!
The defense can't get off the field and give Russ the ball!
We have no run game!

I've been divorced 4 times but it's not my fault, my spouses were just crazy. Maybe my next Wife will work out.

keasley45

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":3ofxskwo said:

Head Coach
Oline coach 1 and 2
The O-line!
Carl Smith left!
We have no run game!

I've been divorced 4 times but it's not my fault, my spouses were just crazy. Maybe my next Wife will work out.

Lmao

John63

Reaction score
tersal":326bwfyi said:
kf3339":326bwfyi said:
kf3339":326bwfyi said:
andyh64000":326bwfyi said:
Show me a 9 game stretch in Seahawk offensive history worse that what has happened beginning with game 2.

Worst in Seahawk history, or just with PC as our HC?

Also, what changed from game one this year to the next few games before RW was hurt. Same OC, QB and offensive players. The difference? PC.

The lead running back has been injured the primary first round pick backup Penny continues to stay injury prone and then ext option Collins has played injured. Therefore a missing running game . Waldron so far has shown no improvement over last season Seahawk offense. The offense continues to have third down conversion issues due lacking a running game. The offense primarily relies on big plays from Lockett and Metcalf. Pass protection remains a perennial problem, potential playmakers Homer and Dissly do not get enough snaps. Dissly is better than Everet and Homer is the best receiver out of the backfield. Play these guys as it is clear changes are required. Finally the defense continues to allow long drives. This group cannot play the cover 3 zone like very well certainly not even close to the Superbowl teams combine that with an offense that has third down trouble and time of possession becomes a huge problem!

This^^^

tersal

Reaction score
keasley45":1gl406j2 said:
tersal":1gl406j2 said:
keasley45":1gl406j2 said:
Folks. What's happening now is what a great many people on this board said would happen last offseason when the other half thought it was all the fault of a conservative Pete or ineffective Schotty when it obvious then, especially after the Rams loss, that it wouldn't matter what playbwas called or who the coordinator was if Russ didn't play better.

And here we are a year on and we are running the offense we would have run had Pete not pulled the plug on the nonsense mid season last year. It's all now simply a continuation of the exposing of Russel that entered its final character at week 8 last year.

No HC will fix it. No OC can fix it. Russ is who he is, and his bag of tricks is just about empty.

Are you talking about the same Wilson who has had Quarterbacked this organization to 8 playoff appearances in nine years, the same one who led this team to its only Superbowl win. Russ is proven he is not the problem better pass protection would help. Also The Hawks defense gave up another 413 yards against the Cardinals. Last I checked Quarterbacks do not play defense.

Absolutely the same guy who performed EXACTLY THE SAME way often during our superbowl runs until he gave uptrying to read defenses and manufactured plays on his own. Off script, scrambling QBs like Tarkenton,Flutie, even Jackson now have a limited serviceability once their ability to manufacture on their own is diminished. The same inability that Russ showed today, he exhibited earlier this year and last year and since he hasn't had a running game and defense to stand behind. He's great at extending plays ( what he did today) and not great at making plays within the playbook.

Jesus. You know what, when Marshawn Lynch, arguably the most successful and game changing back we've had couldn't do it anymore, itbwould have be asinine to argue not letting him go because of what he did for us BEFORE. His best was in the past. Thanks, good luck. Good bye.

Russ is figured out. But keep blaming everybody but him. And go ahead and watch what happens when he's on his next team.

He was gifted with a situation where his HC scripted a strategy to allow him to flourish despite his shortcomings. And since he's demanded that he be allowed to call things the way he wants, his struggles are obvious and all he does is what he knows. The deep pass, forcing balls to playmakers that don't make sense, and scrambling from the pocket when it's been proven time and again that'd it's not necessary.

AgentDib

Reaction score
There have been a handful of plays each game this year that haven't sat right with me and lead to me think that one of either Waldron or Russ is not fully understanding situational football and perhaps overthinking things.

Today, with first and goal at the end of the half and 1:20 remaining it was inexcusable in my view to call three straight passes into the end zone. Normally I'm of the mind that no play can ever be un-callable in a vacuum, but there are many safe passes that would still run clock and force the Cardinals to burn one of their timeouts. If this remotely resembled 'PeteBall' like some suggest then we would have run three times up the middle there and that would have been far better outcome than what we saw. Even a single run/screen pass/quick out would likely have prevented the Cardinals from basically stealing a whole possession like that.

That being said, there's no point to firing Waldron tomorrow unless you know about a good unemployed OC that I don't. Or benching Russ for that matter, since going forwards we need to evaluate whether Waldron and Russ can be an effective partnership.

A significant part of the problem looks to be inexperience. On Waldron's part as a first time OC and first time play caller, on Dickerson's part as a first time run game coordinator, and on all of the player's parts as they try to get familiar with a new passing scheme and new rushing scheme. Blowing it up now just for the sake of change will just lead to more inexperience.

There are seven more games for the entire offense to start looking dramatically better. If that doesn't happen then I do expect major changes in the off-season that could involve every player and every coach. How a team is trending is enormously important in the NFL and the rest of the season will have huge implications on what we do going forwards.

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":1juh9dfg said:
tersal":1juh9dfg said:
kf3339":1juh9dfg said:

Also, what changed from game one this year to the next few games before RW was hurt. Same OC, QB and offensive players. The difference? PC.

The lead running back has been injured the primary first round pick backup Penny continues to stay injury prone and then ext option Collins has played injured. Therefore a missing running game . Waldron so far has shown no improvement over last season Seahawk offense. The offense continues to have third down conversion issues due lacking a running game. The offense primarily relies on big plays from Lockett and Metcalf. Pass protection remains a perennial problem, potential playmakers Homer and Dissly do not get enough snaps. Dissly is better than Everet and Homer is the best receiver out of the backfield. Play these guys as it is clear changes are required. Finally the defense continues to allow long drives. This group cannot play the cover 3 zone like very well certainly not even close to the Superbowl teams combine that with an offense that has third down trouble and time of possession becomes a huge problem!

This^^^

Can you show some evidence that it's Waldron not being capable and not Wilson not executing? I'd genuinely be interested to understand. Because when you look at the coaches tape that certainly doesn't look to be true.

John63

Reaction score
Waldron is not the problem. We have had 4 qbs play here under PC. We have had 3 OCs. Every qb has been amongst the most sacked. Every team has had offenses that struggle at times. Every team has had alot of close games. And every season there is talk of PCs influence on the offense. The common denominator is PC. PC himself admitted without Wilson.

That said Wilson did not play great, he played better than last week. And will play better next week. Buy as long as PC is here this offense will never reach its potential.

tersal

Reaction score
tersal":3onf4xje said:
keasley45":3onf4xje said:
tersal":3onf4xje said:
keasley45":3onf4xje said:
Folks. What's happening now is what a great many people on this board said would happen last offseason when the other half thought it was all the fault of a conservative Pete or ineffective Schotty when it obvious then, especially after the Rams loss, that it wouldn't matter what playbwas called or who the coordinator was if Russ didn't play better.

And here we are a year on and we are running the offense we would have run had Pete not pulled the plug on the nonsense mid season last year. It's all now simply a continuation of the exposing of Russel that entered its final character at week 8 last year.

No HC will fix it. No OC can fix it. Russ is who he is, and his bag of tricks is just about empty.

Are you talking about the same Wilson who has had Quarterbacked this organization to 8 playoff appearances in nine years, the same one who led this team to its only Superbowl win. Russ is proven he is not the problem better pass protection would help. Also The Hawks defense gave up another 413 yards against the Cardinals. Last I checked Quarterbacks do not play defense.

Absolutely the same guy who performed EXACTLY THE SAME way often during our superbowl runs until he gave uptrying to read defenses and manufactured plays on his own. Off script, scrambling QBs like Tarkenton,Flutie, even Jackson now have a limited serviceability once their ability to manufacture on their own is diminished. The same inability that Russ showed today, he exhibited earlier this year and last year and since he hasn't had a running game and defense to stand behind. He's great at extending plays ( what he did today) and not great at making plays within the playbook.

Jesus. You know what, when Marshawn Lynch, arguably the most successful and game changing back we've had couldn't do it anymore, itbwould have be asinine to argue not letting him go because of what he did for us BEFORE. His best was in the past. Thanks, good luck. Good bye.

Russ is figured out. But keep blaming everybody but him. And go ahead and watch what happens when he's on his next team.

He was gifted with a situation where his HC scripted a strategy to allow him to flourish despite his shortcomings. And since he's demanded that he be allowed to call things the way he wants, his struggles are obvious and all he does is what he knows. The deep pass, forcing balls to playmakers that don't make sense, and scrambling from the pocket when it's been proven time and again that'd it's not necessary.

Not sure where you are getting your this opinion from however, the facts do not support it. 101.8 career QB rating 277 Touchdown passes against just 84 interceptions I would say the facts state Russ reads defenses just fine. The facts support that statement. Russ should have been the number one pick in his draft.

keasley45

Reaction score
keasley45":1wlxcdst said:
John63":1wlxcdst said:
tersal":1wlxcdst said:
kf3339":1wlxcdst said:

This^^^

Can you show some evidence that it's Waldron not being capable and not Wilson not executing? I'd genuinely be interested to understand. Because when you look at the coaches tape that certainly doesn't look to be true.

THE OFFENSE DOESNT RELY ON BIG PLAYS FROM LOCKETT AND DK, RUSSEL DOES. THE OFFENSE WOULD ACTUALLY BE FINE RUNNING WITH A HEALTHY MIX OF OTHER PASSES BUT THEY SIMPLY ARENT MADE.

and the running game was averaging 6ypc last I checked to close out the first half.

JGreen79

Reaction score
tersal":15yqu7b8 said:
keasley45":15yqu7b8 said:

The offense is dead last in plays per game, TOP per game, and 30th in 3rd down conversions.

The defense however is top 10 in 3rd down conversions, The defense is not the issue.

The offense is entirely the problem. The problem with the offense is not taking what the defense gives, which is mostly on Russ, partially on the o-line.

Jville

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":2ptbfo85 said:

Head Coach
Oline coach 1 and 2
The O-line!
Carl Smith left!
We have no run game!

Humor is most welcome on evenings such as tonight.

They brought Carl Smith back this year after Mr Beyond Criticism overcooked himself last year. But apparently, Carl no longer has sufficient influence as he has yet to succeed in getting Mr. Beyond Criticism back on track. So I guess Carl should remain on the list.

Carl Smith returned >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches-roster/carl-smith[/urltargetblank]

keasley45

Reaction score
John63":1rz8z9lh said:
tersal":1rz8z9lh said:
kf3339":1rz8z9lh said:

This^^^

And did I read you correctly that you think Dissly is better than Everett???

seedhawk

Reaction score
The real problem is, this offense is offensive, and has already reached it's potential. Without a major change in execution, it will continue to be same old same old.

Truly, RW has regressed to the point that he is just a shorter version of Geno.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":2s03pnin said:
tersal":2s03pnin said:
kf3339":2s03pnin said:

This^^^

What happened to your thousand words rebuttal in defense of Russ? All reduced to a single word cameo, just when all Russ fans turn their lonely eyes on ya?

tersal

Reaction score
keasley45":2y8mt13w said:
John63":2y8mt13w said:
tersal":2y8mt13w said:
kf3339":2y8mt13w said:

This^^^

And did I read you correctly that you think Dissly is better than Everett???

Yes Dissly 's problem has been staying healthy last year he split reps with Olsen and Hollister had 24 receptions for 251 yds. This year 13 receptions for 158 yards. Give him more plays please.

tersal

Reaction score
toffee":1m5gny9d said:
John63":1m5gny9d said:
tersal":1m5gny9d said:
kf3339":1m5gny9d said:

This^^^

What happened to your thousand words rebuttal in defense of Russ? All reduced to a single word cameo, just when all Russ fans turn their lonely eyes on ya?

I will reduce my thousand word rebuttal to this what I wrote earlier:
Not sure where you are getting your this opinion from however, the facts do not support it. 101.8 career QB rating 277 Touchdown passes against just 84 interceptions I would say the facts state Russ reads defenses just fine. The facts support that statement. Russ should have been the number one pick in his draft.

Also the Cardinals game was winnable the team finally got in the end zone to get within six points the behind Wilson's passing then the defense failed to get off the field. Allowing the Cardinals to score a TD. Listen know you guys have been waiting nine years to criticize Russ but this season's failure are not the QB. At least not to the extant these anti Russ post are stating this defense allows 401.8 yards a game and far to many time consuming possessions. The offense is struggling due to poor pass protection and running game issues though with Collins getting healthier perhaps they can regain some running game.

chris98251

Reaction score
tersal":33s6s6tx said:
kf3339":33s6s6tx said:
kf3339":33s6s6tx said:
andyh64000":33s6s6tx said:
Show me a 9 game stretch in Seahawk offensive history worse that what has happened beginning with game 2.

That's bullshit, the running game was averaging almost 6 yards a run today in the first half, Collins may have dings but he is playing lights out, you need to watch football games more and less highlight reels thinking that's normal every down. 4.2 a carry is considered very good as an average also.

John63

Reaction score
tersal":kl5duowe said:
toffee":kl5duowe said:
John63":kl5duowe said:
tersal":kl5duowe said:

This^^^

I will reduce my thousand word rebuttal to this what I wrote earlier:

Also the Cardinals game was winnable the team finally got in the end zone to get within six points the behind Wilson's passing then the defense failed to get off the field. Allowing the Cardinals to score a TD. Listen know you guys have been waiting nine years to criticize Russ but this season's failure are not the QB. At least not to the extant these anti Russ post are stating this defense allows 401.8 yards a game and far to many time consuming possessions. The offense is struggling due to poor pass protection and running game issues though with Collins getting healthier perhaps they can regain some running game.

This^^^

tersal

Reaction score
chris98251":1y6pv393 said:
tersal":1y6pv393 said:
kf3339":1y6pv393 said:

That's $h!t, the running game was averaging almost 6 yards a run today in the first half, Collins may have dings but he is playing lights out, you need to watch football games more and less highlight reels thinking that's normal every down. 4.2 a carry is considered very good as an average also.

The Seahawks are averaging just 98 yards rushing per game. The 4,3 yards per carry is respectable so they are not rushing enough. The team against the Cardinals averaged 4.5 yards a carry despite Collins averaging under 4 yards.
Hence my point on the play calling. By the way Homer averages 5 yards a carry for his career. He is also the teams best pass blocking running back and it appears receiving out of the backfield is natural to him. Why doesn't he play more. Also yes I know some of his carries are on third and longwith the defense playing pass. Still would like to see him get more carries.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
andyh64000":2f19q37p said:
kf3339":2f19q37p said:
andyh64000":2f19q37p said:
It was a nice try a guess (although not worth the risk) but he is clearly in way way over his head. Norton is bad, but with Bevell or Schottenheimer this team would be better than 3-7.

You're kidding. Right?

Our coaching has been complete crap before he even came to the Hawks. I don't think we even know what we have in him as PC is still calling the shots.

I'm guessing you weren't a Seahawks fan during the 1992 season. That was a season of 16 games of offensive ineptitude.