Watching Petey's presser

jeremiah

Reaction score
It may be time for Pete to move on, but that doesn't mean the man needs to be disrespected.
I would say it is time for Pete to move on, and the media does not need to wear knee pads, and bring a gerbil to press conferences. Seattle is not even a nice city, how about having press like Philly or NY?

knownone

Reaction score
If you don't like Pete and his press conferences, don't watch them.

Similarly, I'll never understand the desire for more confrontational sports reporting. It's a game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think Williams is a player that the team would want to keep, from his playas delivered and his ethics and locker room presence. That said I'm doubting he's a one year rental. He's a great deal like Reed who is also a keeper.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To each their own.

The player more than once justified his acquisition since coming to the team.

keasley45

Reaction score
Thing is, if prior to last year, when the majority of folks thought we would max win 5 games, someone would have said that after 2 years, wed be 18-16 with a playoff appearance, i dont think many woukd have the same 'blow it all up' take they do now.

So then you have to ask whether maybe some of the issue is that players overperform here. Look at who's left over the last few years. No one on the D line did anything outside of Seattle. Last I checked, Ryan Neal's pff grade was in the 40s. So although I don't think that's the whole issue when your team ranks in the 30s in multiple statistical categories, but I don't think it tends to shift expectations inaccurately.

And I'm nit saying we shoukd be happy with this year's performance. Just that the reality of how good we might be is actually inflated in some instances by the same coaching (culture, mental strength and toughness) that has handicapped our growth ( teaching fundamentals, player preparation, etc).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If you don't like Pete and his press conferences, don't watch them.

Similarly, I'll never understand the desire for more confrontational sports reporting. It's a game.
Football in itself is a “game” but those within it make their livelihood with this “game.”

In a sense, this game is incredibly important and has real life impacts and can produce profound importance to all that has a vested interest in this “game.”

So, while reporting here should not be confrontational to some posters here, there, are underlying individuals that have their entire life direction (those involved in the football operations) based on how a team plays this “game.”

It’s very important to some and absolutely meaningless to others…

knownone

Reaction score
Football in itself is a “game” but those within it make their livelihood with this “game.”

In a sense, this game is incredibly important and has real life impacts and can produce profound importance to all that has a vested interest in this “game.”

So, while reporting here should not be confrontational to some posters here, there, are underlying individuals that have their entire life direction (those involved in the football operations) based on how a team plays this “game.”

It’s very important to some and absolutely meaningless to others…
In the grand scheme of things, whether Pete's feet are held to the fire in a press conference or not is irrelevant to the average person. So, while it may be important to some people, the sum of people it impacts on a tangible level is insignificant to justify its existence. The only real benefit it provides is catharsis for sour fans.

Mase

Reaction score
-- I can answer the one about confrontational reporting. So many of these guys (fans) although they curse the media, want them to be an extension of themselves. They want to yell at the coach and make him look stupid. They don't care that an end of the year presser probably isn't the best time to do that. No time really is, because A) the coach isn't going to give you much of an answer, and B) your opportunity to learn something on your own in the future becomes even more limited. If you think you can try to make a coach look bad one day, then get anything of value in the future, good luck. Radio chat hosts are not the same as beat reporters, you can't treat the players or the coaches disrespectfully and think you will maintain access. That "east coast media" toughness is a farce. All that tough talk is from a bunch of radio wankers who don't need actual information, as they, like their listeners, won't believe what they don't agree with anyway. They just want someone to yell the coach sucks, so they feel affirmed.

Mase

jeremiah

Reaction score
When the entirety of the press celebrates insanity, like we do now, you get mediocrity. Pete is nothing BUT mediocre. Although he did hit a lucky streak 10 years ago. He blew it all betting on a short pass on a play that called for running the frickin ball. Sorry, he will NEVER live that down.