We shall not under estimate the Vikings

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2m0aribc said:
Anybody think it would be bad Karma to play Harvin in (essentially) the game that ended his season (and sent him to Seattle) last year? Ah me neither.

Nah....not an issue in my book. However, I would give him limited snaps.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brettb3":1qyi9nss said:
Out of all the games we've played, this one worries you the most? Okay.

Their strengths play to our weaknesses. theyve got a good pass rush and AP in the backfield. Ponder has his moments. At 2-7, they should be 4-5. You're telling me right now that if they had held on to beat the Bears and Lions (which they should have) and came in here at 4-5 you wouldnt be a little worried?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ari80t1 said:
We can underestimate any team we want as we do not play the games.

Lol this was my first thought as well.

Really? We're at this again ? I wish I had a buck for every fan that said "this game worries me more than any other game so far"

There were people freaking worried about Atlanta. There were people just writing off the Rams. We have no clue, but the Hawks get up for every game. It doesn't come down to motivation, it comes down to individual matchups and execution.

The Vikings do have the edge rushers to mess with us on offense...but we have both of our starting Tackles coming back. They'll still get a little pressure, but it won't be like we've seen this season (if both guys are right). They can be run on, so we will do it. I'm not sure if Ponder is even playing as he was hurt, so we're most likely looking at Cassell or Freeman behind center.

Literally all we have to do this game is stop the run (and stack the box; not worried about their QB) and protect ours and this will be a pretty bad beatdown.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":26aaj6pk said:
Evil_Shenanigans":26aaj6pk said:
Anybody think it would be bad Karma to play Harvin in (essentially) the game that ended his season (and sent him to Seattle) last year? Ah me neither.

Nah....not an issue in my book. However, I would give him limited snaps.

There's no way Pete would put Harvin out for a ton of snaps, especially against his former team who he'd love to go buck wild on. Harvin pushing himself would make me nervous as hell.

If he plays, it's for only a handful of snaps.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
We better hope the run D is fixed. Cause the Vikings won't stop running Peterson if he shows some success.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":2dgpdgd6 said:
First of all it's Y O U (apostrophe) E R .. not your.

Second of all it's Y O U (apostrophe) R E. If you're going to go Grammar Police on someone, you had better make damn sure you're right.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
PC said this morning on yesterdays presser that Harvin may play this weekend....but it is up to how he does ALL week for practice. I heard it on NWCN from his mouf. I think it is up to the whole week whether he is ready or is having issues. If he gets tired, I dont see it happening. If he does not have at least 95% capability, it aint happening. That is what I got from the Coach. He did say he wants to play tho.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
AP ran like crazy last year on us and I doubt he will beat that this year. Plus they had Percy too. Plus, they were playing for a Playoff spot. All those and still they couldnt beat us.

They are much weaker this year and AP is not playing like tecmo this year.

But you never know. Never underestimate anyone in this league.

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
I agree with seahawkx, ap had like 182 yards on the hawks last year, and they still beat minny convincingly. Look forward to a beatdown ( seriously) over the vikings, say...i dunno, 42 to 13.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I have a customer that is to his Vikes as we are to our Hawks. He is hardcore, incredibly informative. This morning, I jokingly asked him how much $$ he wanted to lose this Sunday? he LOL and said not a chance. Continued on that we "should play Harvin if he's ready... because when he's ready, you better play him, you never know when he's going to be ready again". Sobering.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Vikings points per game: 24.4

Seahawks points per game: 26.5 Differential: 2.1

Vikings defense points allowed: 31.0

Seahawks defense points allowed: 15.9 Differential: 15.1

Total differential 17.2 points per game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Uncle Si":umr52w02 said:
brettb3":umr52w02 said:
Out of all the games we've played, this one worries you the most? Okay.

Their strengths play to our weaknesses. theyve got a good pass rush and AP in the backfield. Ponder has his moments. At 2-7, they should be 4-5. You're telling me right now that if they had held on to beat the Bears and Lions (which they should have) and came in here at 4-5 you wouldnt be a little worried?

I just came to post - if they have a good pass rush and good RB then I am worried. I obviously knew about their RB but not pass rush.

Agree 100% those are our weaknesses right now including TE catching the football over the middle.....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":30kw7if3 said:
We can underestimate any team we want as we do not play the games.
I ditto this. I can underestimate the sorry ass Minny team all I want, and I am pretty sure it will have zero effect.

bellingerga

Reaction score
jlwaters1":36fe2b91 said:
tom sawyer":36fe2b91 said:
I'm actually more concerned about this upcoming game than any others up until now.
Maybe it's because we just won "decidedly" in Atlanta and that after "scrambling" in the previous two games. It's easy to think about full throttle once you clear big waves and think the waters ahead are calm and more yielding.

This is just the kind of team to give the Hawks trouble. We are highly favored.

We must play as if they are a 7-2 team with playoff aspirations!!

Your kidding right? There offense is horrific and there defense is suspect, It's in Seattle, no worries at all for me. The team wants to get RIGHT at home- have yet to have a really good game at home. I suspect they will do this this week!

they have Adrian Peterson and seattle has been suspect vs the run lately. if you have "no worries at all" then you're not paying attention.

We're still gonna win but.... it might be a bumpy ride, more so than people think.

hawk45

Reaction score
I sure wish Harvin had been healthy for a few games prior to this, you know if he played a full game healthy against his former team he'd go OFF for about 2 bills against them.

As a fan I am underestimating the heck out of Vikes, but I'm also a little skittish about my own team's ability to NOT overlook them after the Buc experience.

My money is on the Hawks to be hungry for more kick-ass offense after lifting that lid against Atlanta, esp with O linemen coming back. My er hypothetical money that is.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I'm looking right past the Vikings while nonchalantly marking a little "w" in the win column. All due respect to AP, Jared Allen and co. but this is not going to be a difficult game for Seattle.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2rkctovw said:
We better hope the run D is fixed. Cause the Vikings won't stop running Peterson if he shows some success.

Actually, AP blew up in the 1st half against us last year and then stopped using him the 2nd half (only 8 carries I think??). They use him more that game, and he would have crushed dickersons rushing record.