What to do during the draft ?

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jwyh8ms said:
hoxrox":2jwyh8ms said:
Sgt. Largent":2jwyh8ms said:
It's definitely a bitter pill to swallow to find out the guy you gave up two first round picks for now might need surgery on both his shoulders.

Getting just a tiny bit Percy vibes with this trade, but hope I'm wrong. Explosive impact player for sure, but with the physical way he plays, makes you wonder about durability and longevity.

Adams reminds me more of Kam. The joy, violence and recklessness in which he plays will be his demise. I was just hoping we'd get more out of him before his body starts breaking down.

Still is a great player, but I fear one that's going to be missing numerous games per season, and we will have to pay him 15M per year? Ugg.

Even worse than that is they probably won't sign him. Two 1st's a 3rd and he walks when the contract is up.

But hey the guy making the trade just got a long extension.

I wish I was rewarded for incompetence at work like these guys are.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
LTH":16jb2egl said:
ZagHawk":16jb2egl said:
Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

So you don't like the JA trade? Only time will tell on that one... JA stays healthy it will be a brilliant move if he washes out then JS will take heat...So far it looks like a great move...

LTH

How was it great? We lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and Jamal is hurt.

We gave up a ton of draft capital for some sacks. PFF says Jamal's sacks measured a 3.6 on their 8 point scale of importance. I didn't see the breakdown but that basically measure how "game altering" they were.

It is like a guy hitting a solo home run with two outs down by 4 in the 9th. Looks good in the box score, didn't impact the game.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
AgentDib":2g2hlj89 said:
I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to trade down, so how well we do in UDFA will likely be the major determinant of how this class shapes up.

I think the Jets hire Rosenblum, the guy that built the Eagles Super Bowl team. I forget his name, but that is who will be picking for the Jets. I hope they mess it up because if they get it right we will hear about this trade for a long time. Even worse with Jamal probably hitting free agency. It is Super Bowl or bust next year to make the trade worth it.

evergreen

Reaction score
12th And Loud":1yy9ctlg said:
LTH":1yy9ctlg said:
ZagHawk":1yy9ctlg said:
Watch the teams with our first rounders pick up future pro bowl players under rookie contracts compete in the playoffs while our team continues to decline as its salary top heavy roster for every player not named Jamal Adams has peaked and officially declines.

So you don't like the JA trade? Only time will tell on that one... JA stays healthy it will be a brilliant move if he washes out then JS will take heat...So far it looks like a great move...

LTH

We gave up a ton of draft capital for some sacks. PFF says Jamal's sacks measured a 3.6 on their 8 point scale of importance. I didn't see the breakdown but that basically measure how "game altering" they were.

It is like a guy hitting a solo home run with two outs down by 4 in the 9th. Looks good in the box score, didn't impact the game.
Yeah he didn't even sack Tyler Murray and caused him to intentionally ground the ball. When he caught that Rams running back at the two yard line ,that was just a tackle. He's Earl and Kam good.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
evergreen":309skwha said:
12th And Loud":309skwha said:
LTH":309skwha said:
ZagHawk":309skwha said:

LTH

Yeah he didn't even sack Tyler Murray and caused him to intentionally ground the ball. When he caught that Rams running back at the two yard line ,that was just a tackle. He's Earl and Kam good.

Please don't use Jamal's name in a sentence with Earl and Kam.

We aren't even going to give Jamal a long term deal. We will let him walk and get the comp pick. That's what Pete thinks of him right now.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
12th And Loud":3sv3lm0c said:
evergreen":3sv3lm0c said:
12th And Loud":3sv3lm0c said:
LTH":3sv3lm0c said:

LTH

We aren't even going to give Jamal a long term deal. We will let him walk and get the comp pick. That's what Pete thinks of him right now.

Seriously, unless you're in the coaching room with Pete, you need to stop acting like your opinions are facts.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Jamal was hurt all year and had his worst year since he’s been in the league! He will be better in 2021. The new rules are not friendly to “hold outs” Jamal has no choice but to play on his current deal because Seattle can play Ryan Neal who is a good SS. Ryan Neal is going to get paid in 2022. Seattle could tag both Adams & Neal in 2022. If Seattle is sure about Adams they should extend him ASAP waiting drives up the price. The first round in the 2021 draft sucks balls and if Seattle finds a way to get a round 1 pick they may not be able to trade out of round 1. I like the 2021 draft so far but not round 1. If Seattle has doubts about Jamal they should tag him in 2022 then trade him.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2nlrhj3u said:
12th And Loud":2nlrhj3u said:
evergreen":2nlrhj3u said:
12th And Loud":2nlrhj3u said:

Seriously, unless you're in the coaching room with Pete, you need to stop acting like your opinions are facts.

Okay, I guess my opinion of Pete doesn't matter. But hey Russ' opinion does matter.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":mm5aoi4y said:
Jamal was hurt all year and had his worst year since he’s been in the league! He will be better in 2021. The new rules are not friendly to “hold outs” Jamal has no choice but to play on his current deal because Seattle can play Ryan Neal who is a good SS. Ryan Neal is going to get paid in 2022. Seattle could tag both Adams & Neal in 2022. If Seattle is sure about Adams they should extend him ASAP waiting drives up the price. The first round in the 2021 draft sucks balls and if Seattle finds a way to get a round 1 pick they may not be able to trade out of round 1. I like the 2021 draft so far but not round 1. If Seattle has doubts about Jamal they should tag him in 2022 then trade him.

That sounds great, but the two first round picks still just bothers me. Can't believe we gave up that much.

I don't see Jamal even playing under the franchise tag. He was live tweeting hate towards the Jets and he still had several years left on his rookie deal.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Not sure where it will come from because there are limited options, but going into the draft we will make a move to get some more initial capital to play with. Obviously the 2nd gets traded down.. but I just think , although options are limited on players we could get value for.. we will try to get some more picks.

Its going to be a weird draft.. the college season was uneven.. the scouting uneven.. no combine, it will be a draft where there are likely to be more misses than usual and some useful UDFAs for the scouting departments with the best ability.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a very strong year for OLine candidates at C, G and T. The team needs to improve the mid Oline and started with Lewis last season, I suspect they will trade down an around a couple of times to get players they like.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3jzxjbl6 said:
This is a very strong year for OLine candidates at C, G and T. The team needs to improve the mid Oline and started with Lewis last season, I suspect they will trade down an around a couple of times to get players they like.

I like the situation at center. There's a few mid-round guys that look like legit round 2 talents that fit especially well with what we've seen Waldron/Dickerson run in the past. Alec Lindstrom out of Boston College comes to mind. Pocic also stands to improve with this scheme change if he's brought back - he's long, fairly agile, and was a great center in college running tons of zone concepts.

Left guard is my main concern over center, frankly. Either way, good draft to get some solid interior guys.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pour one for me too!

Please let the team move on from Pocic who i believe gets pushed around too much. I 'd rather have Britt back than Pocic. Frankly I wan the team to at least attempt to sign GBs FA centre Corey Linsley in FA and get some mashers in the draft at G.

In the draft there are a few C's who could be OK. Landon Dickerson, 'Bama, Josh Myers, OSU, Quinn Meinerz, Wisc.-Whitewater who all might be available a after short trade downs to acquire picks. Meinerz might be a solid G with positional versatility.

At G guys that could be available when the team drafts with various possible short trades down are; Tre Smith , Tenn.,
Deonte Brown, 'Bama, Ben Cleveland, Georgia, and David Moore, Grambling St.

The team also needs to look to find a developmental LT and those potential candidates where the team is drafting are:
Dillon Radunz, N Dakota St. (might be best at G), D'Ante Smith, E. Carolina, Brady Christensen, BYU several might be available after a small trade back to acquire more picks.

OLIne is the primary focus for the team in the draft to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":kqo2bfur said:
Pour one for me too!

Please let the team move on from Pocic who i believe gets pushed around too much. I 'd rather have Britt back than Pocic. Frankly I wan the team to at least attempt to sign GBs FA centre Corey Linsley in FA and get some mashers in the draft at G.

In the draft there are a few C's who could be OK. Landon Dickerson, 'Bama, Josh Myers, OSU, Quinn Meinerz, Wisc.-Whitewater who all might be available a after short trade downs to acquire picks. Meinerz might be a solid G with positional versatility.

At G guys that could be available when the team drafts with various possible short trades down are; Tre Smith , Tenn.,
Deonte Brown, 'Bama, Ben Cleveland, Georgia, and David Moore, Grambling St.

The team also needs to look to find a developmental LT and those potential candidates where the team is drafting are:
Dillon Radunz, N Dakota St. (might be best at G), D'Ante Smith, E. Carolina, Brady Christensen, BYU several might be available after a small trade back to acquire more picks.

OLIne is the primary focus for the team in the draft to me.

I am sure there is a TE or DE they can convert and get as a UDFA.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12th And Loud":2pcc9o5m said:
FresnoHawk68":2pcc9o5m said:

That sounds great, but the two first round picks still just bothers me. Can't believe we gave up that much.

I don't see Jamal even playing under the franchise tag. He was live tweeting hate towards the Jets and he still had several years left on his rookie deal.

Gee you're so smart Yogi, how come nobody but you can see that John Schneider & Pete Carroll are such a fools?
I betcha if you talked to Jody Allen, she'd clean house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Look I don't fault you cuz you don't know what you don't know.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would expect them to trade that 2nd rounder to get some more picks.

Unless there's someone at 54 that they really like

And that's totally fine. It's been such a weird year that it'll be a bit more challenging to truly scout these prospects as intensely as they normally would.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think the team picks at 56, then not again until the late 4th. They’d either pick a quality player that drops to 56 or trade down a few times to the mid 3rd.hopefully acquiring a few picks.

Here is an interesting draft simulator that is interesting to play around with: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

They have factored in anticipated comp picks in their selection order and you may disagree with their ratings of some players but it is fun to fool around with.

KinesProf

Reaction score
12th And Loud":2q5wc07b said:
AgentDib":2q5wc07b said:
I still like the Jamal Adams trade for the same reason I liked it initially; early draft picks this season have an extremely reduced value. With such a crazy and limited college season there has never been more uncertainty, and the draft is already highly uncertain. Great players will be drafted anywhere from round 1 through UDFA and in an ideal world I think you'd want to trade down until you had a dozen fifth round picks or so.

Unfortunately it's going to be very tough to trade down, so how well we do in UDFA will likely be the major determinant of how this class shapes up.

I think the Jets hire Rosenblum, the guy that built the Eagles Super Bowl team. I forget his name, but that is who will be picking for the Jets.

Do you mean Howie Roseman?

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
12th And Loud":37gog6dv said:
What are the thoughts for draft day? No 1st, no 3rd, so that 2nd rounder is super important. It will be what the 54th overall pick?

Who can we target?

Since Jamal cost so many first rounders any chance he can play offense next year as well? Not sure how else to justify that trade.

Thoughts?

Looking back on this thread it is even worse now.

Last years picks: Gone

Cap Space on this stupid extension for Adams: Gone

Next years # 1 pick: Gone

This trade is Hershel Walker bad. I said it last year and got laughed at. Jamal has not made this team better.

Now the Jets have two top picks and we have an over paid loud mouth who makes no impact on the field. Unreal.