What will Pete be doing in 2024?

seabowl

Reaction score
Surprisingly, it looks like Pete will not be coaching in 2024. I wonder if he just takes the year off as I do not see him having any role with the Seahawks.

Three years ago, who would’ve imagined that today both Pete and Bill Belichick would be out of a job and with all of the coaching openings not one team hiring them?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick TOGETHER on a talk show would be must-listen stuff. Total opposites yet also two old school defensive gurus who've seen and fiddled with it all scheme-wise.

Bring in some guests like Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Ken Norton Jr., Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, maybe some fellow coaching and front office legends. Absolutely endless possibility with the type of mutual connections these guys would have.

Hell, maybe even draft stuff. Imagine Gruden's QB show but with Pete and Bill and some first-round defenders.

I'd tune in for a year of that ALL DAY.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I could maybe see another book coming out soon. I'm also thinking a lot of longer vacations.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete already said it.

He will be Jody Allen's "Ass"istant.

He didn't want to get into all of the details of it, and I'm thankful 🙏 for it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
He’ll probably end up moving back to Cali full-time.

I’m sure he doesn’t want to live in Seattle/Bellevue anymore if he’s not coaching.

What’s the point? He’s through and through a California guy.

I wish him the best though.

Like all of us here on dot net, we are not perfect and we have made our fair share of mistakes, be it in our job or just our lives in general, Carroll, has been a stand-up guy for the Seahawks and never got into any legal issues or wasn’t anyone you wouldn’t want to see do well.

Whatever he does, I hope he finds peace and he’s able to move on with his life.

There’s more to life than NFL football at the end of the day, everyday.

flv2

Reaction score
I expect Carroll will be given media work to do by the team. It will be a bit crappy telling him to do promotional work in schools, interviews with the press, and that sort of stuff, but he can always quit his contract and do something else.

GemCity

Reaction score
I hope he retires. He should be spending time with his family at this stage.

Pete’s a different breed though…no doubt his motor is still on 100%.

Personally, I’m not surprised that he’s not coaching. Surprised Jody made the call…yes. But, to start over with a different team? I can’t see it..

Chevy

Reaction score
Here we go disrespecting the only Super Bowl coach in our history because he dared to lead us to two winning seasons consecutively lol

Yeah it got stale but goddamn, we're doin' this even when the dude is gone?
Yes he was an amazing coach. Last few years not so much. But, don't be so sensitive.