Where is Jordan Roos?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Roos was a guy that made the roster last season and who was really close to making it again this season in the beginning. He competed for one of the starting guard positions and was a guy I remember people being worried about losing when cut and moved to the PS. He looks good when he's gotten playing time, and he's more of the physical/power run blocking player that we've had success with, rather than Pocic or Hunt who both seem more finesse.

I would have thought with all these injuries on the OL they would have brought Roos up by now? Instead they brought up Elijah Nkansah. Is that simply because they've decided Pocic is an inside guy only and they needed a tackle? I thought the reason they kept all 3 Britt, Hunt, and Pocic was because Pocic could play all 3 positions. If Pocic is only trusted at guard now I think Roos would be more valuable to have available than either Pocic or Hunt.

Thoughts?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Roos is a guard and he was surpassed by Simmons. On the depth chart, he's behind Fluker, Sweezy, Simmons, and Pocic. Now that Simmons is out and depending on the injury to Sweezy, Roos may be elevated to 53 man roster this week.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3qem3ttj said:
Roos is a guard and he was surpassed by Simmons. On the depth chart, he's behind Fluker, Sweezy, Simmons, and Pocic. Now that Simmons is out and depending on the injury to Sweezy, Roos may be elevated to 53 man roster this week.

I get that part of it but should he really be behind Pocic? I was under the impression that the only reason Pocic was kept over Roos was because he could play Tackle and Center as well as Guard. If Pocic has been relegated to just a Guard do you think he still offers more value than Roos? Or do you think Pocic was always the better player?

toffee

Reaction score
Roos played some during preseason, he didn't impress Solari enough to earn a roster spot. He got passed over a few times during the season. One have to think that Solari isn't high on Roos.

sutz

Reaction score
DJrmb":2ph6sdv8 said:
hawkfan68":2ph6sdv8 said:

I get that part of it but should he really be behind Pocic? I was under the impression that the only reason Pocic was kept over Roos was because he could play Tackle and Center as well as Guard. If Pocic has been relegated to just a Guard do you think he still offers more value than Roos? Or do you think Pocic was always the better player?
I believe Pocic had a pretty good outing against the Chefs. Maybe not steal a starting spot good, but backup credible.

As much as some budding armchair talent scouts hate to admit, players do get better as they mature into the game, especially offensive linemen. It takes a couple of years in most cases. That's why teams draft multiple O-linemen every year, and are always scouting the wires for available FAs. You just can't have enough good OL in the pipeline.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I thought I saw Roos on the sideline last week dressed in civies.
Could be mistaken.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ You did .............. Jordan Roos has been seen on the side line with tablet in hand every single week including road trips.

Player roles are often about trade offs. Anchor power verses lateral movement. Power blocking verses second level agility. That third year is when a good athletic compromise should be realized by developing players ........along with a broadening and maturity of techniques thru accumulated experience.