Which receivers make the roster?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The absence of Doug Baldwin is going to leave a huge void to full for this receiving corps. However, there's some young talent looking to make an impact.

Who do you guys feel makes the final 53 at wide out, and do you feel they keep 5, 6 or more? If they send a player to the practice squad, who do you think that would be?

Here's my thoughts on who eventually makes the squad:

They keep 6:

Tyler Lockett
DK Metcalf
David Moore
Jaron Brown
Terry Wright
Gary Jennings

Jon Ursua goes to practice squad

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think you nailed it. There may be a couple of others kept on the PS as well.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
WR is a position that rarely has a rookie make a significant impact right away. Too much of a learning curve. We all hope DK is the stud on the field that his measurables would indicate but at the end of the day, he’s still a rookie learning the NFL game. Because of the youth at WR I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a veteran WR brought in via trade or FA.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Several others here have been advocating for a vet possession receiver, I suppose that certainly could happen.

The roster usually remains in flux at positions of perceived need after the cuts to 53.

kobebryant

Reaction score
5 tends to be the number that they go with.

Lockett, Moore, Brown, Metcalf, Jennings.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great points. Yes, it would be very beneficial for Wilson to have a veteran to throw to.

From what I read during mini camp, Terry Wright was running sharp routes and had elite quickness, like Baldwin, but he's an undrafted rookie.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2...e-receiver-terry-wright-make-seahawks-roster/

The only receiver that Wilson can truly trust in his scramble drill is Lockett right now.
The receiver's ability to react accordingly during the scramble drill is just as important as running good routes when it comes to playing with Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2rfnrz0z said:
The absence of Doug Baldwin is going to leave a huge void to full for this receiving corps. However, there's some young talent looking to make an impact.

Who do you guys feel makes the final 53 at wide out, and do you feel they keep 5, 6 or more? If they send a player to the practice squad, who do you think that would be?

Here's my thoughts on who eventually makes the squad:

They keep 6:

Tyler Lockett
DK Metcalf
David Moore
Jaron Brown
Terry Wright
Gary Jennings

Jon Ursua goes to practice squad

I wouldn’t mind to see:

Tyler Lockett
David Moore
Jaron Brown

DK Metcalf
Gary Jennings or Darboh
Jon Ursua

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seems to be a thought that there is a need for a short slot WR. There isn't.

If Darboh stays healthy, he'll probably make it. In fact, Lockett may end up the only WR on the team short of 6'. Health of some of these guys can change that, but Lockett and Brown both played in the slot last year and Jennings spent a ton of time there in college. Moore is supposedly able to play all the WR positions now as well.

The best and the healthy will win out. There isn't a dictation of a Baldwin like character. If there was, Lockett can and already has filled that quite a bit.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I sure want to see John Ursua make the team.My god... he caught 16 TD passes last year. We desperately need WR red zone production like that.

I'm concerned that if he doesn't make the 53 and goes to the PS that he'll be plucked by another team like NE.

xray

Reaction score
sutz":3es26zvo said:
Lockett is a veteran. :229031_shrug:

Lockett-Brown-Moore-Metcalf-Ursua-Jennings---3 vets 3 rookies

xray

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":rdmraky3 said:
I sure want to see John Ursua make the team.My god... he caught 16 TD passes last year. We desperately need WR red zone production like that.

I'm concerned that if he doesn't make the 53 and goes to the PS that he'll be plucked by another team like NE.
He will make it . This is the new slot receiver . :0190l:

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1fcs9hhe said:
Seems to be a thought that there is a need for a short slot WR. There isn't.

If Darboh stays healthy, he'll probably make it. In fact, Lockett may end up the only WR on the team short of 6'. Health of some of these guys can change that, but Lockett and Brown both played in the slot last year and Jennings spent a ton of time there in college. Moore is supposedly able to play all the WR positions now as well.

The best and the healthy will win out. There isn't a dictation of a Baldwin like character. If there was, Lockett can and already has filled that quite a bit.

One one hand most of all time great slot receiver happened to be shorter dudes including our own Angry; on the other hand taller dudes like Larry Fitzgerald did great as slot too, I think TO could be a good slot.

I would like for Darboh to make it, gives rookies time to learn and mature in PS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
xray":3fbzbf34 said:
sutz":3fbzbf34 said:

Do you see room for 6 though? What position group would you short in order to carry 6 at WR?

McGruff

Reaction score
I would bet that historically the Seahawks have opened with 6 receivers on the roster.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Recently it has been 5. They have kept 3-4 WRs on the PS though.

getnasty

Reaction score
If Darboh makes it i say it's at the expense of Brown. I'm not big on either but it seems like it would be one or the other. Gonna be interesting to see who makes the team and practice squad.

xray

Reaction score
kobebryant":1fol8ken said:
xray":1fol8ken said:
sutz":1fol8ken said:

Do you see room for 6 though? What position group would you short in order to carry 6 at WR?

RB...hopefully Prosise