Which Super Bowl loss was worse 49 or 28-3?

seahawksny

Reaction score
xray":1q8sq87h said:
Jayburd14":1q8sq87h said:
Msfann":1q8sq87h said:
seahawksny":1q8sq87h said:
28-3. Slow dagger.
49? Bullet to head.

Super bowl 40 also.. slow dagger to every part of body. Much worse than 49 and it's not even close
This! I don't care much about 49, we almost won it and we did win it the year before. I put it out of my mind. But XL crushed me and still bothers me.
I have made peace with 49 because it was decided by the players. We win 40 if it was officiated like 49
49 was not decided by the players ; it was decided by the worse play call in SB history .

And yes- squandering a 10 point lead in the 4th had nothing to do with the play call at the end. It was a team loss. Not just Pete

quadsas

Reaction score
Jayburd14":d8qqr1kr said:
quadsas":d8qqr1kr said:
If you were watching Falcons choke you knew that when they got to field goal range and got sacked and penalised out of it the game was over, even though they were up by like 14 at that point. But you knew Patriots were going to win it. Takes all the stakes out of it.

49 was the best Superbowl of all time, so obvious that takes the cake
At that point in the game when the Falcons punted, I knew the Patriots were going to win the game. In fact I laid down a 20 dollar bill and said the Patriots were going to win and nobody took my bet.

I was too trying to get a bet happening in the bar during the game. But everyone saw the writing on the wall. Once you start choking, you will not stop, that was a very bad game to watch because of that. I never ever understood why people thought that Superbowl was awesome.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Tell you the truth... That falcons meltdown surely helped me forget
The sting of SB49

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

253hawk

Reaction score
xray":166gltme said:
Jayburd14":166gltme said:
Msfann":166gltme said:
seahawksny":166gltme said:
28-3. Slow dagger.
49? Bullet to head.

Super bowl 40 also.. slow dagger to every part of body. Much worse than 49 and it's not even close
This! I don't care much about 49, we almost won it and we did win it the year before. I put it out of my mind. But XL crushed me and still bothers me.
I have made peace with 49 because it was decided by the players. We win 40 if it was officiated like 49
49 was not decided by the players ; it was decided by the worse play call in SB history .

The call was fine. It was just poor ball placement and an incredible reaction by Butler. If he hesitated for a fraction of a second more, it's an INC at worst. Even Belichick said he would have passed in the same situation.

tHeY ShOuLD haVE jUst GiVEn iT tO LYnCH
https://youtu.be/FSN--4mQISI?t=4216