Whine, no cheese

Dismas

Reaction score
I feel like a whiner here, but I am lazy, so here goes.

Whoever the .Net code guru is, do you think it is possible to code in an option button that would automatically let me delete any instance of the words "superb owl" and replace them with, well, pretty much anything?

I am sure I am a minority in this, but when I see those 2 words together I instantly stop reading the post, consider going thru the hassle of ignoring that poster, discard that option cause it is kind of a pain for my illiterate self to do, then just hit my back button and find a different post to read.

Maybe someone could code up a customizeable filter thingy . . then I could filter out any instance of superb owl, and the rest of the board could filter out any appearance of Dismas, or whatever?

Thank you for your consideration.

minormillikin

Reaction score
superb-owl-640x584.jpg

Atradees

Reaction score
minormillikin, I like your Qwest litterbox....

The Superb Owl will be held in NY in 2014. Here's the Logo!

Masthead logo zps0c890ece

BlueTalon

Reaction score
While I don't share the OP's disdain for Superb Owl, I think his idea of a user-editable user interface is a stroke of brilliance, and would be hugely entertaining.

My personal pet peeve is "butthurt", a term that conjures anal rape, something I don't find the least bit funny at all. Personally, I would love to ban the word... but if I had the option to edit my version of .NET so any time that word appeared, it would be replaced with something else, without affecting anyone else's .NET experience, that would be so damn cool!

And of course, the entertainment potential would be huge, since we would be able to arbitrarily replace words with other words, we could have our own private nicknames for other teams, coaches, fans, or even just do random word swaps.

P.S. Can't wait for the Super Bowel!

AVL

Reaction score
"Running for his life" has the same effect on me.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Dismas":3qw3qdjk said:
I feel like a whiner here, but I am lazy, so here goes.

Whoever the .Net code guru is, do you think it is possible to code in an option button that would automatically let me delete any instance of the words "superb owl" and replace them with, well, pretty much anything?

I am sure I am a minority in this, but when I see those 2 words together I instantly stop reading the post, consider going thru the hassle of ignoring that poster, discard that option cause it is kind of a pain for my illiterate self to do, then just hit my back button and find a different post to read.

Maybe someone could code up a customizeable filter thingy . . then I could filter out any instance of superb owl, and the rest of the board could filter out any appearance of Dismas, or whatever?

Thank you for your consideration.

I've made similar inquiries before my friend.
I was quickly informed by several old timers around these parts, that the term is here to stay.
Embrace, Ignore, despise, whatever you choose, figure out a way to cope.
On this mission you will fail.

GoHawks.

Riley12

Reaction score
I belonged to a board where they would run code like that and I approve (although not of removing Superb Owl).

Any XL could automatically become XL*

Tony Romo could automatically become "Linda Lovelace" (although I suppose she didn't choke as much as he does)

Darnell Dockett could automatically become "P.O.S. Lowlife"

The possibilities are endless and the fun goes on and on.

sutz

Reaction score
Great idea. Most posters around here don't pay much to what they read anyway. They tend to just make up what the other guy said and then argue against that and post whatever. Might as well automate the process, though many seem to do it in their heads just fine anyway.

BTW, Happy Superb Owl this year. ;)

The Radish

Reaction score
LONG LIVE SUPERB OWL (well SuperB owl is better)

:th2thumbs:

Riley your post is the post of the decade. The Tony Romo one is my favorite. Can't wait to tell my old boss at O'Reilly's that one about his favorite team.

:les:

Johnny

Reaction score
This is a great idea...

I would like to delete/remove any post that doesn't follow my personal opinions about the Seahawks or anything else for that matter. :stirthepot:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
SuperB Owl is LIFE.

SuperB Owl is EVERYTHING.

Assimilate! Assimilate! Assimilate!

3664a37d8278a345fa2d122f07456821

drdiags

Reaction score
I would like the option of any NFC West teams names or nicknames becoming ****** and any of their players/coaches become ?????

That way those that love talking about our division rivals can have their fun and I can guess which team/player/coach they are talking about.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Radish":2wqwyu0d said:

Riley your post is the post of the decade. The Tony Romo one is my favorite. Can't wait to tell my old boss at O'Reilly's that one about his favorite team.
Oh yeah the Lovelace reference is pure comedy genius! And you were right, Linda chocked less often than Romo.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Atradees":2ya8nbfp said:
minormillikin, I like your Qwest litterbox....

The Superb Owl will be held in NY in 2014. Here's the Logo!

Masthead logo zps0c890ece

First time I've seen this. I approve of the color scheme. Superb owl for the win! In the OP he writes Superb owl 2 times. Must not hate it that much.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Johnny":uyve2a45 said:
This is a great idea...

I would like to delete/remove any post that doesn't follow my personal opinions about the Seahawks or anything else for that matter. :stirthepot:
What you want is rarely what you get so deal with it.;)

On a different subject that Romo/Lovelace comparison was epic.