Who were you most happy for getting a ring?

BASF

Reaction score
Defensive Assistant Coach Marquand Manuel. I don't think anyone knows how bad Super Bowl XL must have felt for him. To be brought back into the organization must have been a great thing for him when Pete gave him his first shot in the NFL coaching ranks. Now, to get the ring eight years later watching the special teams he helped coach last season and the defense he helped coach this season dominate on the biggest stage has to be a special feeling for him.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
After seeing Mike Rob crying on the field after the NFCCG, I couldn't choose anyone to be more excited for.

That dude's season has been a rollercoaster. Great offseason, becomes seriously ill, gets cut, loses 30 pounds, gains it back, says "we" when analyzing the Seahawks while doing some broadcasting, gets signed again, has a limited role with the team for the remainder of the season... The guy was tested this year and he prevailed.

Other than that, I think I'm most excited for Red, Mebane, Miller, and then PC/JS.

Happy

Reaction score
BASF":3ogegbta said:
Defensive Assistant Coach Marquand Manuel. I don't think anyone knows how bad Super Bowl XL must have felt for him. To be brought back into the organization must have been a great thing for him when Pete gave him his first shot in the NFL coaching ranks. Now, to get the ring eight years later watching the special teams he helped coach last season and the defense he helped coach this season dominate on the biggest stage has to be a special feeling for him.

That's a good one. Must have been quite a moment for him. I wonder if he texted photos to some of the old teammates.

kf3339

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":1fu70w8r said:
Pete Carroll first and foremost. Glad he finally gets the respect that he deserves.

Second is Paul Allen. Dude had cancer a couple years back. Living the computer geek's dream.

As for players - it is Brandon Mebane. Dude plays a selfless role at a Pro Bowl level and never gets any recognition. He makes our defense run.

Close second is Cleomons who will probably be gone but deserves it after for being a work horse and coming back from blowing his knee out last year.

:13:

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Great thread idea and a tough question. There are a LOT of Seahawks that get consideration from me for this, but I end up coming back to both men in our backfield, Lynch and Robinson. Maybe a slight edge to Robinson just because his story this season was such a great one, but I'm also beyond glad that we got Lynch a ring while he was still a star in his prime rather than some players who just backdoor a ring as a veteran who plays rotationally. We never know how much longer the Beast will be great considering the level of abuse he takes, so I really wanted him to be able to get a ring for this season.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If I had to chose only one player, it would have to be Clemmons. He was slowed by a less than 100% knee this season, but was the best player on our D-line last season. Love how he gutted it out this year and was still a factor in bringing pressure and stopping the run. Runner up is MRob for consistency, leadership and everything he had to overcome this season. I'm happiest for these older vets who have played their hearts out for so long. At this point in their career, that ring must be super special.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Mike Rob for a ton of reasons.

Clint Gresham because long snappers get no love. Plus I still laugh about a tweet he made thanking a Seahawks fan that was hitting on his wife.

Derrick Coleman -It may be that I have an affinity for Fullbacks or that we have the first and only deaf Super Bowl Champion in the NFL. He is a quality person.

Chris Clemons

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Pete he had more doubters than anyone Oh the Hawks.

MRob, Lynch, Rice, Clemons, and any of the guys who might not be around the league much longer.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Mike Rob, Big Red, Kam, Breno, Baldwin..

And my guy with my favorite rags to riches story, Bruce Irvin

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3q0az9ct said:
How about Zach Miller who has done everything this team has asked including falling from pro bowler to extra lineman for years?

He was the first I thought of out of all the players that have just done what they've been asked to do while the team has been rebuilt, Clemons, Jackson & Robinson for what they've contributed too

bellingerga

Reaction score
For me MOST HAPPY to see get a ring for, is Pete Carroll.

The guy was never given a real chance, and he was ran out of his first two head coaching jobs. He was then mercilessly mocked and made fun of forever after that. So many lame demeaning comments tailored just for him. His "rah rah" style o coaching.... would NEVER cut it in the nfl. HE could never cut it in the nfl. He was nothing more than a college coach etc etc.....

After all the decades of hate, and doubt, to see him at the very top of the world..... it was bloody brilliant.

I also am real happy for Paul Allen, the savior of our franchise.

As for players, I share the same sentiment as alot of you do, I'm glad a few of the vets who have given us their all and may not be around much longer got their rings. Guys like M Rob and Mebane.

Glad for ALL of our players. There's not a dude on this team that I don't love really.

sutz

Reaction score
M-Rob came to my mind first. FB is one of the most unselfish positions on the team. He's basically a glorified O-lineman most of the time.

Other than that, I can't isolate one guy. The whole freakin' state earned this one. ;)