Who's Raising The Flag This Weekend nm

NYCoug

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2awgm2yx said:
Hey, I bet it will be Marcus Trufant.

That's a great idea, Reaneypark. There is no better choice, in my opinion. The guy embodies football in the state of Washington and technically never played a down for another team (assuming he retires.) And I'm not just saying this because he's a Coug. Hell, Papa Trufant has provided 3 major (yeah I'm counting Eastern as a major program, they're the only ones who have actually won anything in the last 15 years) Washington colleges with his spawn. The Trufant's are like the Swiss when it comes to football in the state of Washington. They just stay neutral.

More importantly though, Tru was an outstanding Seahawk. It got a little tough at the end there but he soldiered on and finished the season despite initially being cut and having to re-sign with the team. Still, the good memories definitely outweigh the not-so-good. He was definitely a guy who got the most out of himself, wasn't afraid to go in there and get physical and actually make a tackle, and led by example on some solid defenses. Nothing legendary, outside his presence in the community of course, but a damn solid career from a Washington lifer. Tru was definitely one of my favorite Seahawks. In fact, I'll bring my old Trufant authentic to the game on Sunday just in case he is announced as the flag raiser.

Damn, now I've got my hopes up. Of course, Holmy or Alexander aren't bad choices either. They'd be great actually. I just think that Marcus deserves it because he's more connected to the current team, having just finished playing with them last season. It'd definitely get the players hyped also, which I think is another key to breaking the sound record. The players (coaches too) have to be as in to it as the fans are and doing their best to get everybody hyped!

themunn

Reaction score
pehawk":tw54a5wr said:
I would LOVE Bosworth. That'd be awesome.

Embrace it...

that would be awesome. He's probably try and switch the flag out for one that said "BOZ". That would also be awesome though

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Paul Allen should Raise the Flag every Home Opener.

The King who Built this Empire !

Barthawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen is always a good choice unless you are counting the Hawks intro song.. BARF..

Trufant has done it already too.. Kinda tough to schedule him when he was a member of the Jags a few weeks ago.. I am sure this selection has been planned for quite a while.

I think Jordan Babineaux is doing it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
OrFan":myvzr9xu said:
Irvin is a good thought. He cannot have anything to do with the team, but this is for the fans and not a team activity. He could have an impact on us and the team both. Good idea.

Moon would probably be drunk and fall down, wouldn't look good.

I think with suspensions, they aren't allowed to be at the stadium on game day. Payton had to get an exception to be there to watch Brees break Unitas' record.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
OrFan":38lqydyt said:
Irvin is a good thought. He cannot have anything to do with the team, but this is for the fans and not a team activity. He could have an impact on us and the team both. Good idea.

Moon would probably be drunk and fall down, wouldn't look good.

I think with suspensions, they aren't allowed to be at the stadium on game day. Payton had to get an exception to be there to watch Brees break Unitas' record.

Fox0r

Reaction score
pehawk":22gi5oqg said:
Bill the Beer Man?

John Curly?

What about that dude that catches NBA investers trying to exploit an underage David Stern, Chris Hansen?

Not sure if sarcasm, but Bill the Beerman died a long time ago.