Why the Legion of Boom appears to get away with murder

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3hhr7j9w said:
HereToRead":3hhr7j9w said:
how were the replies to this well laid out information?
Nonexistent. Not a single person. They literally do not read long posts over on that forum. Completely illiterate, despite a couple of them getting on Laloosh for misspelling "forty". Ironically, .NET's Laloosh quoted part of it to them on the following page.

Shadowhawk":3hhr7j9w said:
... and how long before they ban you for introducing facts into the discussion?
Probably any minute now.

Actually, I didn't misspell anything. Was another poster (named "fourtywhiners"). Thanks for throwing me under the bus though, Roland! ;)

Edit: They didn't bother responding to my links that show San Fran had higher PI and Defensive Holding calls than Seattle last year either. Their argument that our dbs get away with anything at home is sort of negated by the number of calls home vs away as well. No response.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ah, I didn't actually read your post, I just saw some idiots whining about it. My bad, bro. ;) You should go whack 'em around with that info.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":w9dd2e4n said:
kidhawk":w9dd2e4n said:
I actually thought Sherman was doing a rather good Browner impersonation on this by getting to Boldin right at the line of scrimmage. Sherman usually plays off receivers, but with Browner out, he came out Sunday and adjusted his tactics to guard the receiver in the best way for that particular guy and that was by being physical at the LOS.

Agreed. Sherman did it masterfully. Remember that play where Sherman gets at him at the line and Boldin runs short inside toward the other sideline and then just runs straight at Sherman, all pissed off and stuff? I love it. Sherman made Boldin mad, and that's saying something for a receiver that has always been physical like he has. Awesome stuff.

YES!!! Sherman really surprised me at how physical he was. Not that I didn't think he could do it, just that he's so dang good at being that cover guy who gets the interceptions and letting Browner do the physical stuff, I don't really think of him as the "physical" guy. Sherman just seems to go out there week in and week out and do whatever it takes to insure the best performance possible against all kinds of receivers. He earned his Player of the week nod this week, and it's such a shame that he won't be able to attend the Pro Bowl this season

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":2zwobz2n said:
He earned his Player of the week nod this week, and it's such a shame that he won't be able to attend the Pro Bowl this season

Wait, what? Why won't he be eligible for the Pro Bowl this year? I know the format's being changed a lot, but did I miss something here?

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1af4861o said:
kidhawk":1af4861o said:
He earned his Player of the week nod this week, and it's such a shame that he won't be able to attend the Pro Bowl this season

Wait, what? Why won't he be eligible for the Pro Bowl this year? I know the format's being changed a lot, but did I miss something here?

He's going to be busy that week practicing

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3fk2cyrp said:
kidhawk":3fk2cyrp said:

Super... Bowl...

Reaction score
Another thing that Sherman did well was that he WAS touching the receiver after 5 yards, but WASN'T impeding his progress - I don't remember when exactly it was, but there is a highlight of him starting with a hand on the hip, then the top of the shoulder pad through the remainder of Boldins route, but not once did he impede Boldin from running his route.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1k2jhu9z said:
SacHawk2.0":1k2jhu9z said:
Now you're just floating your own boat, Roland.
Don't hate. It's good info, and I'm just sticking it out here. Anybody can (and should) go read the official NFL rule book. It's kind of an eye opener.
Nothing wrong with floating your own boat.

Latest posts