• I think they will come on the last part of the season

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I think they will just be ok

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I think the O will be good out of the gate but fizzle down the stretch

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I think Shane Waldron will be .NET's new whipping boy

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Just fire everybody NOW, hire Bozo the Clown and lets be done with this circus

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3b7hchz9 said:
Hockey Guy":3b7hchz9 said:
This team could go 15-1 & score 607 points while giving up 230 but lose the Super Bowl 43-8 & guys here would complain that Peteball was somehow sabotaging the offense.

That would depend on if PC goes back to the same old same old in the playoffs like he has many times before. If he left the offense alone and that happened than I doubt anyone would blame PC for the offense.

I mean, you all do it already with the "meddling" and "Peteball" catch-all tropes.

Fade

Reaction score
Yes, they will be efficient, and very explosive out of the gate.

People harping on 2 high. You're supposed to run teams right out of it. It's nigh impossible to play 2 high against the Shanny offense unless it is 3rd and long, as you no longer have to respect the run at that point. Good thing one of the main emphasis' of this offense is staying out of 3rd and long.

The biggest diff. observant fans will notice, is opponents will struggle to key in on exactly what the Seahawks are doing on a snap to snap basis. The exact opposite of what they've been in seasons past. Where they got into certain formations on certain downs and distances and you knew what they were running. The Seahawks tipped their plays in the past and did a horrible job of disguising what they were doing. That ends now.

What you will see is a lot of wide zone runs with Jet motion and Wilson booting out from 11 personnel. Good luck playing 2 high against that offense. (You have to play 8 in the box or else you will get eaten alive.)

It's a cat and mouse game. It's very hard to tell what is a run and what is a pass, as the formations and movements look the same to defenses. So they have to play it honest and straight up.

The Ram's ran a lot of uptempo. Wilson also is at his best when it is uptempo, so it is very believable that Is what they will look like come game 1. I think we won't see much of Wilson or the starters for that matter in pre-season. That's how McVay plays it, and it makes sense with them having such a veteran laden offense. So I would temper expectations for the pre-season. 17 game season has to be a factor as well.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":28isov6m said:

People harping on 2 high. You're supposed to run teams right out of it. It's nigh impossible to play 2 high against the Shanny offense unless it is 3rd and long, as you no longer have to respect the run at that point. Good thing one of the main emphasis' of this offense is staying out of 3rd and long.

The biggest diff. observant fans will notice, is opponents will struggle to key in on exactly what the Seahawks are doing on a snap to snap basis. The exact opposite of what they've been in seasons past. Where they got into certain formations on certain downs and distances and you knew what they were running. The Seahawks tipped their plays in the past and did a horrible job of disguising what they were doing. That ends now.

What you will see is a lot of wide zone runs with Jet motion and Wilson booting out from 11 personnel. Good luck playing 2 high against that offense. (You have to play 8 in the box or else you will get eaten alive.)

It's a cat and mouse game. It's very hard to tell what is a run and what is a pass, as the formations and movements look the same to defenses. So they have to play it honest and straight up.

The Ram's ran a lot of uptempo. Wilson also is at his best when it is uptempo, so it is very believable that Is what they will look like come game 1. I think we won't see much of Wilson or the starters for that matter in pre-season. That's how McVay plays it, and it makes sense with them having such a veteran laden offense. So I would temper expectations for the pre-season. 17 game season has to be a factor as well.

great post spot on!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":111ga0g6 said:
I think people complaining about Peteball have never watched more than 5 minutes of Martyball in their lives.

Very much the same different jerseys, them with Okoya us with Lynch, without them players the offenses were much less consistent.

Tical21

Reaction score
Fade":sv60vgkd said:

You're aware that Russ decides whether or not we run against 2-high, yeah?

We will start out hot because that is who we are in the Fat Russ era. The legs start feeling a little heavy around the halfway mark.

John63

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ayo7gnz said:
I think people complaining about Peteball have never watched more than 5 minutes of Martyball in their lives.

Or we did and realize the fact u have to bring up Marty ball should tell u something. That being time for a change.

John63

Reaction score
We have started strong in season and finished strong, started slow and finished strong and started strong and finished slow. The facts will show alot of this centered around injuries.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":38jkik5s said:
We have started strong in season and finished strong, started slow and finished strong and started strong and finished slow. The facts will show alot of this centered around injuries.
And the weight of the quarterback

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2wuc8ben said:

That's a true statement...But its true for everybody as well.

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":ptr973cx said:
John63":ptr973cx said:

That's a true statement...But its true for everybody as well.

LTH

Yes it is.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I think every thing needs to be on an even keel... remember that there is a process to this team. during training camp they are figuring out where all the pieces fit. then the first part of the season they are making adjustments and dealing with injury issues and the competition factors with the players so remember that the first part of the season isn't necessarily how good or bad this team is... they might start out really fast or they might start slow but its how they finish that is important...

Just my take...

LTH

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I hope they come out kinda slow but win games. Then come out on fire around week 13 and keep that momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Fade":rwzfa09h said:

Nice post! I agree with all of this. I don't think we'll really see how the defences that we play adjust to the 'is this a run or is this a pass formation' strategy until several games in, or the 4 or 5 game mark. I personally would like to see us stick to the deception 'knitting' and playcalling on a slow-burn kinda basis. I don't really want the first 4 or 5 games to be blowout victories (if that's possible) - I think that too much razzle-dazzle and big heads might hurt us down the stretch. I'd like a nice even, new, interesting start to the season and a strong finish. Strong finish - I guess we'll see how running back depth holds up for the playoff run/stretch.

Keep in mind that Russ is probably playing for his new-non-Seahawks contract in a year - so he's going to play lights-out - he's already got his revenge body/workout going. The point: will they start out 'efficient' or explosive? I think yes - BUT - LOOK OUT if we have some setbacks or the wrong injuries. Pete Ball is just under the covers if the new wonder-boy OC trips or stumbles along the first 1/2 of the season. I hope he doesn't - but if the O stumbles, I think they'll have a tough time getting back on track for the stretch. And Russ didn't appear to have much problems throwing the o-line/team under the bus when things were struggling - so again, if the O stumbles, I have a bad feeling that we're going to crater/not recover from it. Think DK 'gimmie the ball' meltdowns or camera grabbing in the stands from last season.

Just my .02. Although having said ALL OF THAT - I liked last season from the 'quick start' standpoint. I get sick of waiting until game 8 to see us 'come alive' and then bite my nails down the stretch. Let's take some of the desperation out of the tail end of the season please. I hope the new O scheme is what we all hope it will be!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":13np4vz3 said:
I think every thing needs to be on an even keel... remember that there is a process to this team. during training camp they are figuring out where all the pieces fit. then the first part of the season they are making adjustments and dealing with injury issues and the competition factors with the players so remember that the first part of the season isn't necessarily how good or bad this team is... they might start out really fast or they might start slow but its how they finish that is important...

Just my take...

LTH

From looking at our schedule and knowing that even with a QB as experienced and talented as Russell, it'll take time for the offense to find it's momentum and potential, especially if we're relying on Eskridge to play a key role in the slot. Not too many rookies come in, grasp a super complicated scheme with all it's nuances like Waldron's installing.......and hit the ground running.

But IMO the bigger roadblock for the offense is who we play.............I mean, there's not a weak defense on our entire schedule until we play Houston in mid December.

Doesn't mean we can't win games and be a top NFC team, but it does mean I don't think this offense is going to come out of the gates on fire like they did last year against weak opponents who had very little time to practice during covid restrictions like last year.