Wilson? Now that Pete stays.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":2s8w9bs3 said:
Good relationship,

Iimg2Fphoto2F20222F01122Fr960956

Did you see them after Wilson rushing TD? There were are both exuberant and jumping bashing chests etc.

John63

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3fi2cne1 said:
John63":3fi2cne1 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3fi2cne1 said:
John63":3fi2cne1 said:
I don't disagree totally but as it relates to the offense I was pleased with what I saw the last
2 games. To.me PC needs to fix his defense so the offense does not need to feel like they have to play hero ball as u call it. I have to think there were some provisions put on PC. We will see.
How do you propose Seattle fixes the defense?

Seattle has two glaring needs on defense: A run stuffer and combination of pass rushers.

They’ve been trying for years to fix their pass rush but nothing has came about with success but only Taylor.

Taylor needs an inside presence for assistance.

A true stuffing DT is what Seattle needs desperately and if they cannot draft one in April they will not sign one via free agency.

U just answered the question on how.
I was asking for your opinion.

That’s how I would fix the defense.

And I agree with what u said. Inbound sure.up the dline and get a top notch end.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I could see things going both ways. The only way anything of actual value will happen is if Wilson forces Carroll's hand. I'm not sure if Wilson has the fortitude to play villain within the public sphere, which is what he'd have to do in order to force himself out. We may see some more statements from his manager and some more passive aggressive jabs here and there but that is about it. I don't believe Carroll will ever pull that trigger, even if Wilson agrees unless Wilson forces the nuclear option.

That being said, I do think Wilson is going to pull some more passive aggressive maneuvers like he did last offseason. He's made a few comments during the season that definitely raised some eyebrows already.

Ultimately i think that the status quo remains the same. Now that it is business as usual, Carroll is going to be in no rush to get rid of Wilson. I think that Carroll knows if Wilson leaves he is as good as done in Seattle. Carroll has lost a lot of goodwill and we must remember, he's going to be 71 come next September. He doesn't have many years in the NFL either way. Wilson is probably his only option to get back to a Super Bowl.

Unfortunately, this means Wilson has a lot of power over Carroll and the FO. I know he expressed interest in having some say over FO decision making. I think if Wilson acts up again, this is how it is going to manifest.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
toffee":q4stzat8 said:
After annual meeting of Jody Allen and Pete Carroll, Gregg Bell reported that Pete is staying, not fired, still the HC. With that, we could turn our eyes to Russ, will he go and stay? My money on Wilson staying, for two reasons:

1. Demand for Wilson this off-season probably not as hot as last off season, offers for Wilson last off season wasn't overwhelming, an a year older, fresh out of injury Wilson should get even less on trade market? None, if any team will make an offer that Hawks' couldn't resist.

2. The biggest Wilson homer is none other than Pete Carroll, he will do whatever he could to hold on to Wilson.

So like it or not, Wilson shall be back, so will Pete. If football God smiles at us just a bit, we shall be a playoff team next year, heck, we could be in the playoffs now if couple of tight games swung our way. To go deep into playoff, we need help, lots of it. Pete could start with drafting or signing a backup QB with potential to takeover, and ability to push Wilson, making Wilson uncomfortable could be key to making Wilson change.
I would have to think the demand would go up. Simply because a team may believe they can get him cheaper. I'd bet money that the rest of the league doesn't believe he's half as bad as some here think. According to some around here he seems to only be worth a couple of mid round picks and a half eaten Milkyway.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
chris98251":2pqahavf said:
toffee":2pqahavf said:
Russ wants to leave
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seah ... er-report/

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Nobody has anything saying he wants to leave, Ian in another feed said explore options, and then said his agent was saying stuff.

Which is it Ian, Agent, Russell, or your own opinion to stoke fires and clicks.

You could also say reports of Carroll & Co. coming back are just clickbait.

Expect to see more of this. Wilson wanted changed last year. He donated another season which ended in 7-10 and not even making the playoffs.

I don't see him being more satisfied this off season.

Wilson wants to win. He is skeptical that he can do that in Seattle with current management. Looks like current management is staying in place. So Wilson will push.

How hard is anyone's guess.

Carroll knows that he is likely SUNK without Wilson.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":2f9y220v said:
chris98251":2f9y220v said:
toffee":2f9y220v said:
Russ wants to leave

Nobody has anything saying he wants to leave, Ian in another feed said explore options, and then said his agent was saying stuff.

Expect to see more of this. Wilson wanted changed last year. He donated another season which ended in 7-10 and not even making the playoffs.

Wilson wants to win. He is skeptical that he can do that in Seattle with current management. Looks like current management is staying in place. So Wilson will push.

Donated<<<?
He is one of the highest paid QB's in the NFL who's job is to win games
not lose them and he had a big hand in the losing record this year.
Quit nut hugging. :177692:

John63

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2l74c1he said:
GaiusMarius":2l74c1he said:
chris98251":2l74c1he said:
toffee":2l74c1he said:
Russ wants to leave

Donated<<<?

:pukeface:

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2tx5toaj said:
GaiusMarius":2tx5toaj said:
chris98251":2tx5toaj said:
toffee":2tx5toaj said:
Russ wants to leave

Donated<<<?

Yes donate, I do not take a franchise QB for granted. We have had exactly ONE in Seahawks history. I understand that some folks think that it's easy to replace, but all evidence is to the contrary.

Wilson had to be talked down last year after another repeat ending. He is frustrated. There is nothing new that Carroll is going to tell him this off season.

Were the Seahawks a war we would be in 1916 on the Western Front. Carroll would be visiting the trenches and telling us that this time...this time when we go over the top we are assured of victory. Wilson is just questioning if it's such a good idea to continue to charge at machine guns and to expect different results.

I don't begrudge him that, not at all.

John63

Reaction score
What happens now that PC is staying depends on PC. If he works it out with Waldron and Wilson and what we saw the last 2 weeks is what we do on offense from now on then all will be good. If he does like it did after the Indy game we have a problem.

chris98251

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":2dj70rdo said:
chris98251":2dj70rdo said:
toffee":2dj70rdo said:
Russ wants to leave

\

Or you could say his ego and selfish attitude robbed the Seahawks by pushing to play before he was ready, Geno was improving every game and we were in those games running a more Waldron type offense.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":j15feed9 said:
GaiusMarius":j15feed9 said:
chris98251":j15feed9 said:
toffee":j15feed9 said:
Russ wants to leave

\

Or you could say his ego and selfish attitude robbed the Seahawks by pushing to play before he was ready, Geno was improving every game and we were in those games running a more Waldron type offense.

One could also speculate that Russ rushed back because Geno was improving by playing Waldron ball, if Geno start winning, say he won the next two games. It will take all the lime lights and open the debate why Russ couldn't or wouldn't do such and such. H

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":2ascp4er said:
chris98251":2ascp4er said:
GaiusMarius":2ascp4er said:
chris98251":2ascp4er said:

\

One could also speculate that Russ rushed back because Geno was improving by playing Waldron ball, if Geno start winning, say he won the next two games. It will take all the lime lights and open the debate why Russ couldn't or wouldn't do such and such. H

Oh I think this was already playing out in Russells head.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2ze38r8u said:
GaiusMarius":2ze38r8u said:
chris98251":2ze38r8u said:
toffee":2ze38r8u said:
Russ wants to leave

\

Or you could say PC felt he needed Wilson so bad he pushed Wilson to play to early.

seabowl

Reaction score
seabowl":1sf6wqwc said:
I still think there is a better then 50% chance that RW is traded. Once the season is over and teams start really evaluating their qb situation the market for Wilson will once again get hot. If they get a great offer the Hawks IMO will pull the trigger on the trade.

FYI the best thing that came out of the last few weeks of the season was RW playing better as this brought his trade value up from where it was soon after he came back from injury.

Again IMO RW more likely than not to be traded.

As I said before this latest "Russ wants out" report it's more than likely he'll be traded.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3v2fq4kg said:
chris98251":3v2fq4kg said:
GaiusMarius":3v2fq4kg said:
chris98251":3v2fq4kg said:

\

Or you could say PC felt he needed Wilson so bad he pushed Wilson to play to early.

even you couldn't quite believe that, could you?

xray

Reaction score
Did anybody notice that Wilson didn't do this ... :2thumbs: , when he heard the news about Carroll ? Maybe he did this ... :pukeface: , instead .

John63

Reaction score
seabowl":3hby638p said:
seabowl":3hby638p said:
I still think there is a better then 50% chance that RW is traded. Once the season is over and teams start really evaluating their qb situation the market for Wilson will once again get hot. If they get a great offer the Hawks IMO will pull the trigger on the trade.

FYI the best thing that came out of the last few weeks of the season was RW playing better as this brought his trade value up from where it was soon after he came back from injury.

Again IMO RW more likely than not to be traded.

As I said before this latest "Russ wants out" report it's more than likely he'll be traded.

"But that headline and discussion may have obscured some facts detailed in the story and known to be true — Wilson has not requested a trade. And in Rapoport’s on-air version of the report, he noted that Wilson wants to explore his options “in case the Seahawks would like to trade him or would trade him.”

There is zero evidence that the Seahawks would like to trade Wilson or “would trade him.”"

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...russell-wilson-report-means-for-the-seahawks/

like I said Rapports was clickbait nothing more or less.