Wilson praying on final play

5thgen

Reaction score
Looked like Unlimited was closing his eyes and praying right before the final pass against the Titans.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-16-13-48-48-70_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-16-13-48-48-70_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 58

toffee

Reaction score
Looked like Unlimited was closing his eyes and praying right before the final pass against the Titans.
He didn't allow enough time for Jesus to contact football God, it's Sunday, so football God was real busy, however this's a lousy excuse because football God must answer the call immediately if callID shown Jesus.

Next time, Russ should wear wrist band, so there will be more time to pray.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
This just shows how much the Denver media realizes how he’s checked himself out.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
He didn't allow enough time for Jesus to contact football God, it's Sunday, so football God was real busy, however this's a lousy excuse because football God must answer the call immediately if callID shown Jesus.

Next time, Russ should wear wrist band, so there will be more time to pray.
He was doing some work in Buffalo at the time

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Ok, so “we have to play at the highest level in practice” Russ? Does your top 5 defense get to tell you that “you f…ing suck” like Sherm did? Or is that language still not allowed?

Threedee

Reaction score
God answered our prayers, instead. Give us a higher draft pick, please. He doesn't answer Titans' prayers, because they are a pilfered franchise. Not sure what He has against Denver, though.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I just heard today he is rated the 32nd worst QB in the NFL this year. If this is true how far the mighty have fallen.

chris98251

Reaction score
God answered our prayers, instead. Give us a higher draft pick, please. He doesn't answer Titans' prayers, because they are a pilfered franchise. Not sure what He has against Denver, though.
Don't need to say more, this is for a team that had Moses play for them also, God is pissed.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I just heard today he is rated the 32nd worst QB in the NFL this year. If this is true how far the mighty have fallen.

First a nitpick, then some numbers on Wilson's season.

Wouldn't the 32nd-worst QB in the league be one of the top QBs? More than 32 might make the minimum-attempt cutoff to appear in the table, so he might not be #1, but he'd be up pretty high.

Getting to the numbers, Wilson is definitely closer to 32nd-best than to 32nd-worst this season.

Wilson is currently 25th in DYAR (-41), 25th in DVOA (-13.4%), 28th in QBR (33.0), 28th in passer rating (88.4), 20th in ANY/A (5.71), 34th in comp% (57.4%, better only than Baker Mayfield among qualifying QBs, and behind luminaries such as Justin Fields, Mitch Trubisky, and injured Zach Wilson), and 34th-best in sack% (9.7%, and here I specified "34th-best" because unlike the other stats on this list, a higher sack percentage is worse).

The thing about the sacks reminds me of something Bill Walton said about Dennis Rodman back in the 1990s: "isn't it funny how the best record in the NBA follows Dennis Rodman from team to team?" Similarly, isn't it funny how "offensive-line problems" have followed Wilson from Seattle to Denver? I started predicting back in May that by mid-season, Broncos fans and talking-head mediots would be wondering why the Broncos OL suddenly got so much worse. It hasn't actually worked out quite like that. The Broncos' line is indeed having trouble keeping RW3-and-out from getting sacked a lot, but Broncos fans and mediots are all pretending the Broncos OL was bad all along and listing it as one of the mitigating factors for how bad Wilson has been. Never mind that before the season they were telling us that now we were going to see Wilson unleashed behind a better OL and with a coaching staff that wouldn't shackle him and keep him from reaching his true potential.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score

I'd like to ask Schlereth what year he thinks it is, just because of this:
We’re going to take advantage of his athleticism

Wilson's "athleticism" has been declining for years, and at what appears to be an accelerating rate. It appears to be almost gone as a potential advantage. I'm not sure how Schlereth thinks he and an OC could "take advantage" of what's left. Wilson is still more athletic than much of the population of the country, but compared to other NFL QBs, he's not the spry, speedy youngster he was in 2012-2015.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Schlereth is right in that the ground game needs to be the priority not just bc of Wilson but their offensive line tho

Latest posts