With no trades or changes, how far do the Hawks go in 2021

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I haven't been this discouraged in an upcoming Seahawks season since Jim Mora Jr.

knownone

Reaction score
What am I missing? Our schedule looks pretty easy.

Our non-divisional home games are the Jags, Lions, Bears, the Saints, who are about to blow up their team to get under the cap, and the Titans. We're at least 4-1 in those games.

Our non-divisional road games are the Packers, Vikings, Texans, Colts, and Washington. The Colts are an unknown with Wentz at QB, Washington is an unknown until they sign a QB, and the Texans won 4 games with a good QB. Is anyone banking on the Vikings beating us? We're 5-0 against them since Zimmer took over in 2014. At worst, we're 3-2 in these games

What about the division? The 49ers are a dumpster fire with a bad GM (Yes. He's bad). The Cardinals just invested huge money into a guy who can't stay healthy, and Kliff Kingsbury is still their coach. Yeah. The Rams will be tough, but they always are. I'm leaning towards 3-3, at worst.

Worst case scenario we're a 10-6 team. It would take a catastrophic injury or bad luck for this team to fall much further than that.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Either 8-8 record or 7-9. Missing Playoffs.

We're about to lose KJ Wright, Carson, Griffin, Dunlap and maybe Lockett with no cap room, shitty o line, Senile Headcoach, Horrible DC and a future Hall of Fame QB who feels disrespected and held back. Lucky to make the playoffs, one and one if we do, but most likely not going to make it as we are now probably the weakest team in the division with huge holes on both sides of the ball. The Seahawks will not even sniff another Superbowl under Pete Carroll. 2015-2020 we saw cracks in the foundation and after this season, it's all going to crumble.

It's amazing how after that superbowl play, Carroll lost an all time great defense, the locker room and now a franchise QB. I just wish he was gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a bunch of cut and paste predictions of every season the last 4 or 5 years :mrgreen:
That end up not even being close to accurate. Looking forward to it happening again.
10 or more wins, again. And people making excuses for why the Hawks won, after every WIN.
Actually, with a 17 game seasons, I'll go with 11-6, which is pretty solid with the tough schedule (On Paper at least)
I'm more worried about Pete and his lack of preparation in the playoffs than I am anything else.

Own The West

Reaction score
If everyone comes back, I can see us 12-4 again. The D came into it's own the last half of the season, and I can see them continue to be a top 10 unit. We have tremendous depth in the secondary. DL depth is an annual question...

We'll have to replace Iupati (which is a good thing), but Haynes might be the guy already. Play action and roll outs are part of Waldron's game and should help relieve pressure on Russell. Also, roll outs will *make* Russ get rid of the ball, which should help with his tendency to camp out looking for deep ball glory...

Lockett and Metcalf are one of the best WR tandems in the league. We have a stable of dynamic RBs. We have capable TEs, but...

We will undoubtedly be shopping for an interior OL, TE, and DL again; but this roster is not bad. We have a tough division, but every team has it's flaws. I'm not afraid of any of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Right now, if we don't have trades or changes and the rest of the league does, not very far. That would mean everything as it was last year. All coaches and players.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Given a projected 17 game schedule I’d say 9-8 worst case 13-4 best case. The preseason FA and the draft will tell us a lot more about what to expect.

Not happy about JJ Watt or Aaron Donald or Bosa, and want to see the OLine developed, but things could be a lot better than the downers are projecting.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":whubdm4m said:
Given a projected 17 game schedule I’d say 9-8 worst case 13-4 best case. The preseason FA and the draft will tell us a lot more about what to expect.

Not happy about JJ Watt or Aaron Donald or Bosa, and want to see the OLine developed, but things could be a lot better than the downers are projecting.

Well I am sure you are well stocked in lipstick, we have a ways to go before we see what we have with so many unsigned guys.

Lipstick on a pig

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, how dare someone have an opinion. Let alone a positive one. Oh the horror...…..
Thx for the reminder why I spend so little time on here these days...…..

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For the negative folks what makes you think the team won't be able to fill the holes in the roster? Are your minds that closed to the fact that there are many teams in much worse shape than the Seahawks including the Rams? I see a lot of negativity but you aren't speaking up as to your predictions yet are panning any that are positive.

Seems many here are stuck in an endless negative loop, with sky continuously falling and nothing can be done to stop it from happening. 0-17 is thus the inevitable result, with Pete fiddling like Nero as Rome burns. The unremitting negativity is becoming pervasive and quite unbearable.

Geez give us break already, reset your agendas until after this upcoming season is over don't watch as it won't be worth watching at all, according to you all. Wait and see, and if the team actually does suck, which I doubt, then you can come back and tell us all we told you so. Until then your views are simply a manifestation of a negative bias which frankly is unsupported by objective reality. Everyone thought the team wouldn't be that good last season but they won the toughest Div in the NFL with a 12-4 record. For sure they then went an ugly 0-1 in the playoffs and had backed into their WC slot when could have stolen a better WC slot. Just because the team looked lousy in that WC game doesn't mean that changes aren't envisioned at present that will provide a more creative and varied O and a better D.

I'm going to wait and watch as I'm not buying all this negativity. If they suck I will eat my share of crow while holding onto a belief the FO will find a way to sort things out. It's very early in the new season which really hasn't started yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1vyxjnem said:
For the negative folks what makes you think the team won't be able to fill the holes in the roster? Are your minds that closed to the fact that there are many teams in much worse shape than the Seahawks including the Rams? I see a lot of negativity but you aren't speaking up as to your predictions yet are panning any that are positive.

Seems many here are stuck in an endless negative loop, with sky continuously falling and nothing can be done to stop it from happening. 0-17 is thus the inevitable result, with Pete fiddling like Nero as Rome burns. The unremitting negativity is becoming pervasive and quite unbearable.

Geez give us break already, reset your agendas until after this upcoming season is over don't watch as it won't be worth watching at all, according to you all. Wait and see, and if the team actually does suck, which I doubt, then you can come back and tell us all we told you so. Until then your views are simply a manifestation of a negative bias which frankly is unsupported by objective reality. Everyone thought the team wouldn't be that good last season but they won the toughest Div in the NFL with a 12-4 record. For sure they then went an ugly 0-1 in the playoffs and had backed into their WC slot when could have stolen a better WC slot. Just because the team looked lousy in that WC game doesn't mean that changes aren't envisioned at present that will provide a more creative and varied O and a better D.

I'm going to wait and watch as I'm not buying all this negativity. If they suck I will eat my share of crow while holding onto a belief the FO will find a way to sort things out. It's very early in the new season which really hasn't started yet.

Not negative reality, .

We have a have a hand full of backs but no bell cow back yet or one that has been determined, our O line is a sieve with guys targeted for replacement and have retired now.

Our D line has people that are going to have to be resigned and or replaced.

Our LB's are in transition.

Our secondary has more unsigned then signed.

Our QB is at odds with the Coaching staff.

This stuff can be fixed, but until it is I am not going to sell a Yugo as a Cadillac.

The assembly process is part of the fun of being a fan, comparing it to other teams assembly process is where you try to gauge where we end up.

Thats the reality.......... Until then it's Pie in the Sky

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":6z5g8aaq said:
Everyone thought the team wouldn't be that good last season but they won the toughest Div in the NFL with a 12-4 record.

I dont believe this to be true. Just about everybody was predicting 11 to 12 wins after seeing that cakewalk of a schedule last season. The issue was that people couldnt see through that regular season record and actually thought the Hawks were better than they were when it was evident they werent. The most worn out saying ever here on .NET is 'anything can happen once you get to the playoffs'. Ever notice it never does with Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even close to true. Go back and look at the predictions. Plenty of people had them winning 6-8 games, 9 at best.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":q7bq12lu said:
Not even close to true. Go back and look at the predictions. Plenty of people had them winning 6-8 games, 9 at best.

Any idea where that might be? 20 - 25 pages back? That would be some interesting reading.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1fvm1qvn said:
jammerhawk":1fvm1qvn said:

Not negative reality, .

We have a have a hand full of backs but no bell cow back yet or one that has been determined, our O line is a sieve with guys targeted for replacement and have retired now.

Our D line has people that are going to have to be resigned and or replaced.

Our LB's are in transition.

Our secondary has more unsigned then signed.

Our QB is at odds with the Coaching staff.

This stuff can be fixed, but until it is I am not going to sell a Yugo as a Cadillac.

The assembly process is part of the fun of being a fan, comparing it to other teams assembly process is where you try to gauge where we end up.

Thats the reality.......... Until then it's Pie in the Sky
More reasons to trade Wilson now than next off season. Wilson's heart has left already, no reason to think he will be around after 2021.

By trading him now, with his trade value at it's peak, or we can wait another year for cap reasons,, but his trade value won't go any higher, what if he suffered an injury?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Hawks2022":26mdt8ya said:
Russ, Wags, Pete and everyone stays. The Hawks draft for need and maybe 1 or 2 nice signings happen. Lets get crazy and somehow Gordon gets back on the field and everyone is healthy...How deep do they go?

Super Bowl Baby!
Rams win division.

Seattle has 10 wins.

Wildcard playoff exit.

toffee

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":23lsel8w said:
Hawks2022":23lsel8w said:
Russ, Wags, Pete and everyone stays. The Hawks draft for need and maybe 1 or 2 nice signings happen. Lets get crazy and somehow Gordon gets back on the field and everyone is healthy...How deep do they go?

Super Bowl Baby!
Rams win division.

Seattle has 10 wins.

Wildcard playoff exit.
Therefore trade Wilson now.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
Shane Waldron fixes the offense imo. Pete would've hired a different OC if he was looking for a "yes" man.

Seattle will field their best offense statistically in their history in 2021.

Waaay too early for record predictions. I need to see how Free Agency and the draft goes first. So the way the OP was framed would lead to a negative take by default.

"If the Seahawks do nothing and their rivals do stuff, what happens?"