With the #9 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft..

sdog1981

Reaction score
Trade back or draft Kenny Pickett.

I have a feeling they are going to trade back, build the defense and acquire a QB in the 2024 offseason.

AgentDib

Reaction score
They should definitely trade back unless they are completely in love with somebody available at #9. This is a deep draft and the way to mitigate risk is to make a lot of selections.

If we are going to rebuild our trenches then Kenyon Green looks pretty interesting. He's the best guard prospect since Quenton Nelson and has the athleticism to excel in a zone blocking scheme.

Elemas

Reaction score
Guess they’re conceding defeat to the Rams as they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.

White Flag raised.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’ve heard for years that unless you pick in the first half of the first round you aren’t going to get anyone good. I’ll stand by and wait for the same people to say there are only 8 good players every draft if we whiff on the 9th pick.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Jordan Davis. He will be available but they will NOT pick him. It’s the the JS and PC way

nanomoz

Reaction score
zchurch74":742eunks said:
Jordan Davis. He will be available but they will NOT pick him. It’s the the JS and PC way

Yeah. Davis or that RT from WSU. Abraham something or other. Lucas? He's going to go much higher than the mass market heads are currently projecting.

Genka

Reaction score
Schneider trades the 9th pick for a team’s 7th rounders for the next 8 years. “Value”

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
genks":f8hxmfc7 said:
Schneider trades the 9th pick for a team’s 7th rounders for the next 8 years. “Value”

Ignoring that Seattle trades down significantly less than they used to and stuck at their original slot in both 2020 and 2021, sure

mistaowen

Reaction score
Loaded DL class with some very promising OL. Not much for QB's this year, next year looks better.

Jordan Davis would be a stalwart DT for the future if he falls there.

Jermaine Johnson across from Taylor at DE could be the future pass rush of the next 5+ years. Guy is a dawg and clear leader at senior bowl. We need more bullies.

Smellyman

Reaction score
nanomoz":2jnktuay said:
zchurch74":2jnktuay said:

Yeah. Davis or that RT from WSU. Abraham something or other. Lucas? He's going to go much higher than the mass market heads are currently projecting.

I am coug all the way and the combine really helped his draft stock, but drafting an RT that high would not be smart.

so maybe they will draft him. :)

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
RT is definitely a position of need to be upgraded, not at #9 though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Right now, I'm leaning towards Charles Cross.

It's a deep edge class, I'd rather see what's sticking around at 40/41 for that. Lean into the depth of the position then.

We're building the first part of the foundation of the roster here. Just like in 2010, a franchise tackle is a hell of a start.

None of this matters if JS is sold on a quarterback. That needs to be the pick, if so.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Bundle up some picks and move up to #1 or #2 and pick Hutchinson.

James in PA

Reaction score
They are SO going to trade back. Furthermore, there will still be a player on the board that all the analysts cannot believe is still there and who clearly fills a need for Seattle. But nope, Pete and John know best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
Keep their focus on the lines. OL first and then DL only if a highly graded OT prospect isn't there for our pick. Their isn't a good choice for an OG or OC this early.

If it's DL go for a stud DT who can truly rush the passer from the interior.

But realistically, they will trade down or waste the pick on a skill player. It would be a really big mistake on their part.

Latest posts