World Cup 2014

SeatownJay

Reaction score
How the heck do you let a central defender dribble the ball all the way from the box to the midfield line without anyone within 10 yards of him?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Not that Wondo made the shot, but there was no way that was offsides.

Oh, and who was that sexy beast who said the US was going to extra?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Well, that sucks.

I must say, though, that as down on his game in MLS as I've been at times I've been impressed by what Yedlin's shown in this World Cup.

Edit: and as soon as I post this he gets caught out of position.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This game shows just how far the US still has to go to be competitive with the better teams in the world.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Two missed opportunities to take this to PKs. Should have gotten at least one of them.

Still, good World Cup for the USA overall. Got out of a tough group, and made it tough on Belgium. Good job boys.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yedlin and Johnson earned themselves some interest in the transfer market... Excited to see them develop and what the younger players left off the squad will bring.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":hepgjq69 said:
Two missed opportunities to take this to PKs. Should have gotten at least one of them.

Still, good World Cup for the USA overall. Got out of a tough group, and made it tough on Belgium. Good job boys.

I don't think it was good. They won 1 tied 1 and lost 2. The group of death was way overrated. Portugal and Ghana were thought to be better than they turned out to be. They got outplayed every game except Portugal.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Good god what an exhausting game.

Tim Howard was incredible. That was Keller vs Brazil good. Outstanding.

One thing real quick for Simon: Johnson just transferred clubs to Borussia Munchengladbach before the cup. He's not going anywhere this window.

Excited to see where the US goes from here. Klinsmann is here another world cup cycle and we are bringing up some great talent. Green is the first "Prodigy" in some time to actually deliver early on. I'm excited to see him progress, and how we progress as a footballing nation. Reading some tweets from media folk in England thanking the US for what they brought to the world cup. We earned some respect this world cup, and we need to keep working in that direction.

I'm really excited for the 2018 team. We have some great young talent. Green, Yedlin at the top of that list. Yedlin will likely be in Europe by that time, Green will be first team wherever he's at.

I wonder if we'll see Tim Howard at 2018. He'll be 39 then. Goal Keepers a mysterious group.

Most of our core will be entering their late 20's early 30's by next cycle:

Tim Howard - 39
Brad Guzan - 33 (Is he our guy in 4 years?)
Fabian Johnson - 30
Matt Besler - 31
Omar Gonzalez - 29
John Brooks - 25
Geoff Cameron - 32
Timmy Chandler - 28
DeAndre Yedlin - 24
Julian Green - 23
Michael Bradley - 30
Alejandro Bedoya - 31
Graham Zusi - 31
Mix Diskerud - 27
Jozy Altidore - 28
Aron Johannsson - 27
Clint Dempsey - 35

And those are guys who just made the roster this go around. There is sure to be some good developement of guys like Josh Gatt, Joe Carona, Terrence Boyd, Jack McInerney, Bobby Wood, Will Packwood, Shane ONeil, Bill Hamid and Cody Cropper.

Latest posts