Would things have been different if Bevell had Solari

Smellyman

Reaction score
Schotty is nothing special and neither is Bevell.

Cable was a trainwreck.

I think Bevell would have a slight edge over Schotty with Solari.

olyfan63

Reaction score
austinslater25":168zuwz9 said:
Fair enough. I think many were a little hard on bevell, myself included without realizing the dynamic behind the scenes so it's tough to say. I hated his response to the int so I'm still not objective when it comes to him.

Pretty much where I'm at. Bevell, how do you think he felt about having to execute plays that depended on Cable's crap OL doing their job? Timing plays that take 3 seconds, but no O-Lineman can hold a block longer than 2.5?

That said, I believe Schotty is overall an upgrade over Bevell, but it's close. Schotty + Solari = clear upgrade over CaBevell.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":22490cly said:
Lots of good input here. I think the consensus is that we just don’t know what would have happened because Cable sucked, and Bevell was handcuffed by him. I mean he killed it in Detroit, and obviously needs another shot at a head coaching gig. I for one will be following his progress very closely!
He did not "kill it" in Detroit.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":iam00c1m said:
Ace_Rimmer":iam00c1m said:
Lots of good input here. I think the consensus is that we just don’t know what would have happened because Cable sucked, and Bevell was handcuffed by him. I mean he killed it in Detroit, and obviously needs another shot at a head coaching gig. I for one will be following his progress very closely!
This though I suspect Sioux......er, Ace is trolling here. Just a reminder that when we needed Detroit to beat GB the last game of the regular season, he went away from the run game which had been effective all day and tried to hold a lead and then win the game with a 3rd string QB throwing. Brilliant!

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2z6w0str said:
Spin Doctor":2z6w0str said:
Ace_Rimmer":2z6w0str said:
This though I suspect Sioux......er, Ace is trolling here. Just a reminder that when we needed Detroit to beat GB the last game of the regular season, he went away from the run game which had been effective all day and tried to hold a lead and then win the game with a 3rd string QB throwing. Brilliant!

So then you're confirming that (Bevell) "he killed it" in Detroit, it's just that what he killed was...
... the Seahawks opportunity to have a home playoff game or have HFA if we had beaten SF on Monday night.
... by helping Detroit lose to Green Bay.
Or something like that. Forgive me for not memorizing all the tiebreakers and scenarios that were in play at that moment.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
olyfan63":3bixgn8o said:
hawksfansinceday1":3bixgn8o said:
Spin Doctor":3bixgn8o said:
Ace_Rimmer":3bixgn8o said:

So then you're confirming that (Bevell) "he killed it" in Detroit, it's just that what he killed was...
... the Seahawks opportunity to have a home playoff game or have HFA if we had beaten SF on Monday night.
... by helping Detroit lose to Green Bay.
Or something like that. Forgive me for not memorizing all the tiebreakers and scenarios that were in play at that moment.
Yeah I don't remember the specifics either but you're in the right neighborhood. I do remember a bunch of us here watching the 10 AM game rooting for Detroit because it helped the Hawks and the Lions snatching defeat from the jaws of victory in large part because Bev started having his 3rd string QB sling it around after the run game had been effective all game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Can't you just imagine Bevell thinking, "They'll never expect THIS!"
And outsmarting himself...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
olyfan63":1ahntzum said:
Can't you just imagine Bevell thinking, "They'll never expect THIS!"
And outsmarting himself...

We cant imagine it....we saw it....live....on our team. :?