Would you accept this trade? (Schneider related)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This ^
Especially if he makes it known he wants a change, closer to home, more control etc.
He has earned that IF he was to request it.

That being said, just because the mighty Ian Rappaport reports it, doesn't mean it is accurate.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We regularly turn 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders into players that would be a 1st in a redraft.

It isn't occasional. It is expected.

JS is worth far more than 2 1sts. Because you generally get top tier players in lower rounds with him. The objective of a 1st round pick is a better chance at a top tier player.

We might burn 1sts with JS semi-regularly, but we also semi-regularly turn 5th-7th round players into top 10 at the position players. A good example is Carson.

We have a system to maximize the chance of picking a winner by increasing our spins of the wheel. We lose all of that without JS.

There is or should be little acceptable trade for him.

I understand he does not have a top paying contract right now. And the Lions are looking to exploit that. But one of the guys you need to pay (specifically because it does not impact salary cap) is your freaking GM. We have had some godawful GMs in our franchise history. You don't let go of the most successful GM you ever had.

Just pay JS what he is worth and put this ridiculous trade idea to rest. I wouldn't trade 4 1st rounders for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IMO Schneider has been and still is just as important to the success of this franchise as Pete is.

Therefore it'd take a king's ransom for me to trade him. MINIMUM of three first rounders, even then I don't like the idea of getting draft picks that may or may not pan out for one of the top 2-3 GM"s in the entire league that can help us continue to win for the next decade.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37c4lu2z said:
IMO Schneider has been and still is just as important to the success of this franchise as Pete is.

Therefore it'd take a king's ransom for me to trade him. MINIMUM of three first rounders, even then I don't like the idea of getting draft picks that may or may not pan out for one of the top 2-3 GM"s in the entire league that can help us continue to win for the next decade.

A head coach went for 2 1st and 2 2nds so at least 3 and 3 as a start.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
massari":2ztintls said:
jammerhawk":2ztintls said:
Wow!

It's clear some folks are in a hurry to return to irrelevance as far as the NFL standings are concerned.
With an elite QB like Wilson, it's near impossible to be irrelevant, at least for more than one season.

This. Nobody understands that for some reason.

sdog1981

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1fom87cr said:
massari":1fom87cr said:
jammerhawk":1fom87cr said:
Wow!

It's clear some folks are in a hurry to return to irrelevance as far as the NFL standings are concerned.
With an elite QB like Wilson, it's near impossible to be irrelevant, at least for more than one season.

This. Nobody understands that for some reason.

It happens with all fan bases really. Colts fans got sick of winning 12 games a season until Manning left.

Fade

Reaction score
No, I would not.

John does too well in the draft. 1st rounders aside, which I surmise Pete has the heaviest influence in the 1st, then as the draft wears on, he defers more to John.

Day 3 is Schneider's day in the draft where he has the most influence. And he is just too damn good at finding gems.

I would like to see John eventually be given full roster control, and final say on the roster. I think he would be even better with more power.

If he was determined to leave and want out for whatever reason. Then I would need a boatload in compensation to agree if I were the Seahawks. He needs to be extended.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Maelstrom787":3hpaf13o said:
There was a fake tweet below, but the fake account got suspended, so the fake news in the tweet is recapped below.

It got me thinking... regardless of what is likely or unlikely, would you accept this hypothetical trade? Why or why not?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lanRapsheet/status/1346134692530167809[/tweet]

Seahawks receive: Round 1, Pick 7 of 2021 NFL Draft

Lions receive: GM John Schneider
YES!