Would you trade Pete Carroll for Sean McVay?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would trade Pete for a half eaten sandwich.

I used to have a dog that for some reason would eat his own crap. Then he would eat it. And predictably throw it back up. Then for some reason he would eat that ( if I didn't catch him doing it first) and throw that back up.

I used to think that cleaning up that was the worst. But I'd trade Carroll for that.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
More thoughtful answer here:

Yes, but only because he's younger.

I legit think McVay is too cute by half as a coach but he's trying to get better.

Carroll's problems have been the same since his first season as a coach and I think his positives can no longer outweigh them.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Would love to see Russ in that playbook. A modern nfl offense.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
This is probably the only sensible thread on the front page. Getting rid of Pete or Russ is fool's gold if you can't replace them with someone better. You may think these guys are terrible but there are 25 other franchises that would take them both in a heartbeat.

So of the people that I believe are better than Pete, McVay is on the short list and given his age would be a great option. I would give the dude the same control as Pete has here and let him run the show.

He won a road playoff game with a QB with a broken thumb and 3 pins in it.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Find me a Coach that knows the West Coast offense ala Kansas City, or get a new QB in here. RW needs to slim down, and go to a free for all type of offense where he is consistently in motion with moving pockets. He is short, and creative with his feet. How about using his skills in a manner like Mahomes?

TAB420

Reaction score
The Breh":1ci68tl7 said:
I'll take Sean Mcvay's haircut only for Pete right now.
I'd take Mark Davis's haircut over Pete at the moment.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So you guys want the guy that game planned his way to 3 points in the SB.

Lulz

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1lbp0gwo said:
So you guys want the guy that game planned his way to 3 points in the SB.

Lulz

At least he's made it to the Superbowl lately which is more than can be said for Pete

Forthewin

Reaction score
No! I am just as upset as everyone else...I want everyone fired, cut and 86ed from the facility. However McVay has a star studded team...better overall than the Hawks and he barley made the playoffs. I am not a play calling guru but I know he has one of the best teams and they still suuuuuuck!! PC just signed an extension...homie is going to be around for a while! This would be the time to bring in a coach to be groomed!

rogerwilliambruce

Reaction score
In a heart beat, Pete Carroll has demonstrated a lack of support when he did not give the ball to Marshawn Lynch on the 2 yard line. The legion of boom he assembled had to be dismantled due to the poor decision he made. The Seahawks have not been able to rise up to that level of play since. At that time he had a running game and a passing game. However he cost them all their super bowl bonus.

Id trade Pete Carroll for any younger pass friendly coach who puts up a line to protect the QB. They could be a little league coach and be better.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
So many negative Seahawk fans it’s crazy! Stop lying to yourself, you blasted the Pete Carroll hire & said college coaches can’t make it in the NFL! You’ve been saying John Schneider stinks for the last 3 years and now you eating crow because the media prove Schneider is considered the best which resulted in a new contract.

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":3c8k38ex said:
So many negative Seahawk fans it’s crazy! Stop lying to yourself, you blasted the Pete Carroll hire & said college coaches can’t make it in the NFL! You’ve been saying John Schneider stinks for the last 3 years and now you eating crow because the media prove Schneider is considered the best which resulted in a new contract.

Snowflakes fans such as this are part of the problem. Homers who proclaim "But Hawks won the division for the 1st time since ___"

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
I would trade Pete for Bill Belichick. Pete can return to Pasties and continue on going out in the wild card round.