Would you trade Pete Carroll for Sean McVay?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":23bygw25 said:
scutterhawk":23bygw25 said:
pittpnthrs":23bygw25 said:
scutterhawk":23bygw25 said:
Meh...To each his own; Loyalty To Me ties directly to the same gig as the "Where Does Your Allegiance Lie" thread, that goes for Team, Players and COACHES of the Seahawks, and McVay ain't no part of the Seahawks, and I doubt like hell he ever will be.
It was Pete Carroll that got us our FIRST EVER LOMBARDI, NOT McVay.

The Hawks just hired two of McVays brain trusts. Even Seattles front office must think pretty highly of him.
You still can't dismiss the fact that Pete has already gotten us the Lombardi, and he did it as a SEAHAWKS COACH.
AND, by Pete firing Cable, & hiring Solari, sending Bevell down the road kicking horse turds, canning Schotts & going after Waldren PROVES that he recognized that changes were needed to be made, just like when all his Coaching staff were hired by different teams all over the League after he took the Seahawks to TWO Super Bowls in a row, that is the way of the League.
One thing is for certain, once a system is used for too long, changes need to be made, ALL Coaches know this, thus, a Constant Rotation throughout the League, until everything old (with tweaking) is new again.
Hell, I even heard that Bill Billycheat was a Coach for the Browns, eh?

What does past accomplishments have to do with todays issues? By living in the past, you cant move forward. The firing of Cable and Bevell was two years to late. Pete lost the locker room by not firing them sooner.

As for the Carroll versus McVay debate goes, all one needs to do is look at last seasons playoff game between the Seahawks and the Rams to get your answer. You had one coach that game planned and schemed for their team that had a backup QB and a starter with 4 fingers, and then you had a coach that used the same game plan the other team just saw a couple weeks earlier with no variations and was dumbfounded and clueless as to how and why they lost afterwards. Its really a no brainer.
It sis absolutely a "No Brainer"...TWO Super Bowls in two CONSECUTIVE seasons, WINNING while playing against the most prolific Quarterback in the League that year, 43 to > 8 < (garbage time points)...>>>PETE DID THAT<<<
The old saying, IF you learn nothing from history (yesterdays issues) you are bound to repeat it, MEANING, the Rams only managed >>3<< points in a Super Bowl game, and yes, they beat the Seahawks in that Playoff game, THEN GOT PROMPTLY BOUNCED in the VERY NEXT GAME...That's FOOTBALL.
Look, I get it, you're enamored with McVay, but I just can't get into the slobbering all over a NON-SEAHAWK, especially one who hasn't had the end of the day success that SEAHAWKS HC Pete Carroll has had .
Oh and, the "Four Fingers" gig is getting pretty silly. :177692:

knownone

Reaction score
McVay is a good coach, but he's overrated. Some people forget that he has arguably the best defensive player of the last 3 decades. Remove Aaron Donald, and that team probably misses the playoffs in all but one season. Seriously, does anyone think if Pete had McVay's talent on defense, he'd finished in the bottom 15 in 3 out of 4 seasons?

On paper, Pete has shown he can do more with less talent on defense, while McVay has shown he can coach an elite offense without an elite QB. This season should be a pretty good indicator of the two coaches' abilities. Both have Elite QBs, both are running the same offense, Seattle has the more talented offense, and the Rams have a more talented defense.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2jzamcm2 said:
pittpnthrs":2jzamcm2 said:
scutterhawk":2jzamcm2 said:
pittpnthrs":2jzamcm2 said:
The Hawks just hired two of McVays brain trusts. Even Seattles front office must think pretty highly of him.
You still can't dismiss the fact that Pete has already gotten us the Lombardi, and he did it as a SEAHAWKS COACH.
AND, by Pete firing Cable, & hiring Solari, sending Bevell down the road kicking horse turds, canning Schotts & going after Waldren PROVES that he recognized that changes were needed to be made, just like when all his Coaching staff were hired by different teams all over the League after he took the Seahawks to TWO Super Bowls in a row, that is the way of the League.
One thing is for certain, once a system is used for too long, changes need to be made, ALL Coaches know this, thus, a Constant Rotation throughout the League, until everything old (with tweaking) is new again.

What does past accomplishments have to do with todays issues? By living in the past, you cant move forward. The firing of Cable and Bevell was two years to late. Pete lost the locker room by not firing them sooner.

As for the Carroll versus McVay debate goes, all one needs to do is look at last seasons playoff game between the Seahawks and the Rams to get your answer. You had one coach that game planned and schemed for their team that had a backup QB and a starter with 4 fingers, and then you had a coach that used the same game plan the other team just saw a couple weeks earlier with no variations and was dumbfounded and clueless as to how and why they lost afterwards. Its really a no brainer.
It sis absolutely a "No Brainer"...TWO Super Bowls in two CONSECUTIVE seasons, WINNING while playing against the most prolific Quarterback in the League that year, 43 to > 8 < (garbage time points)...>>>PETE DID THAT<<<
The old saying, IF you learn nothing from history (yesterdays issues) you are bound to repeat it, MEANING, the Rams only managed >>3<< points in a Super Bowl game, and yes, they beat the Seahawks in that Playoff game, THEN GOT PROMPTLY BOUNCED in the VERY NEXT GAME...That's FOOTBALL.
Look, I get it, you're enamored with McVay, but I just can't get into the slobbering all over a NON-SEAHAWK, especially one who hasn't had the end of the day success that SEAHAWKS HC Pete Carroll has had .

I get it. Your a Seahawk fan and that wont let you see the obvious. A coach to me is all about the X;s and O's and McVay has that in spades. I cant even imagine how good the Rams would be with a good QB.

Yeah, the Rams got bounced in the next round of the playoffs, but they did Seattle a favor. The Hawks would have gotten throttled.

Why is the four fingers gig silly to you? Was his thumb not broken? Was he not hurt bad enough that he was on the bench in favor of the backup QB? Regardless of how you feel, the loss to the Rams in the playoffs was embarrassing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":12jxfrbr said:
scutterhawk":12jxfrbr said:
pittpnthrs":12jxfrbr said:
scutterhawk":12jxfrbr said:

I get it. Your a Seahawk fan and that wont let you see the obvious. A coach to me is all about the X;s and O's and McVay has that in spades. I cant even imagine how good the Rams would be with a good QB.

Yeah, the Rams got bounced in the next round of the playoffs, but they did Seattle a favor. The Hawks would have gotten throttled.

Why is the four fingers gig silly to you? Was his thumb not broken? Was he not hurt bad enough that he was on the bench in favor of the backup QB? Regardless of how you feel, the loss to the Rams in the playoffs was embarrassing.

For certain, I am a Seahawks Fan, and one thing IS "Obvious", I won't shirk nor nor will I ignore Pete's accomplishments.
X's & O's Two Super Bowls in a row, winning one 43 to 8, against the most prolific Quarterback that season, who was WITHOUT having a broken thumb, who was only able to put up EIGHT garbage time points, so, no matter how it's spun, them's pretty good X's & O's by PETE.
NOW, if McVay were the SEAHAWKS COACH, who brought home our first Lombardi EVER?, I'd be touting him, & singing his praises, but He didn't, and I ain't.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Naw...Pete Ball is good enough. Yanno what that is tho...run the ball and keep the possessions down to where you can win in the 4th quarter. So many people want this game to be college basketball.....we saw what that was like in Philly with that Coach from Oregon years ago. He GASSED his defense and never let them have the time to recover and play the game. He is gone now back I think to college.

Naw man..Pete ball is good enough to win Championships with the people that fit his system. They are hard to find now that everyone else is playing the same game. They copied, pasted and are producing.....just like that team that is high on a mile or is it a mile high? Remember that they got a defense and won because of it.

Some here make me want to go back to the Philippines when we had no internet and could not see or hear games back in the 80s. LMAO

NJlargent

Reaction score
The PC fog will be cleared up after next season when the niners are healthy and we are battling for 3rd place. I just hope we toss him then rather than wasting an additional 4 years regressing and then getting a new coach with a depleted program and suffering through the “miss PC narrative”

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
NJlargent":2foxy56k said:
The PC fog will be cleared up after next season when the niners are healthy and we are battling for 3rd place.”

Exactly

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":2b1w96mt said:
The PC fog will be cleared up after next season when the niners are healthy and we are battling for 3rd place. I just hope we toss him then rather than wasting an additional 4 years regressing and then getting a new coach with a depleted program and suffering through the “miss PC narrative”
You mean like when the NFC WEST was the toughest in the nation?...Steel sharpening steel?, back when Pete coached the Seahawks through the fog, and came out the other side hoisting the Lombardi?
One thing is a given-->> CHANGE -->> It happens to the BEST of Coaches.
Some want CHANGE for CHANGE SAKE...Be careful what you wish for :roll:

NJlargent

Reaction score
Some could argue that the Lombardi came through the fog because of the LOB and Marshawn. PC might just happen to have been there for the ride. And perhaps he helped build that team, but his building skills have been rather suspect over the recent years.

I definitely appreciate the Lombardi trophy. However, it has collected some dust, and I do not want to be like Niners fans talking about Lombardi trophies that have aged.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
NJlargent":366ko8s8 said:
Some could argue that the Lombardi came through the fog because of the LOB and Marshawn. PC might just happen to have been there for the ride. And perhaps he helped build that team, but his building skills have been rather suspect over the recent years.

I definitely appreciate the Lombardi trophy. However, it has collected some dust, and I do not want to be like Niners fans talking about Lombardi trophies that have aged.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
End of the day though?, and all bu!!$IT aside, Pete get's THE CREDIT.....NOT McVay. :stirthepot: