Would you trade Russ to the raiders......

John63

Reaction score
So what some of you fail to realize is Carr has had more passing attempts than Wilson (career) and given less, less tds, more ints, less rushing yards, lower complt %, lower YPA.

Then add what makes you think he is going to come here and be content in this system were instead of throwing almost 600 times a year he has to fight to get over 500. He will not be. and in their lies the problem no Good QB is going to want to play in this system. That is why rookies work they will be yes sir no sir 3 bags full until they realize they are being used, and abused.

iigakusei

Reaction score
John63":37tqq5bt said:
So what some of you fail to realize is Carr has had more passing attempts than Wilson (career) and given less, less tds, more ints, less rushing yards, lower complt %, lower YPA.

Then add what makes you think he is going to come here and be content in this system were instead of throwing almost 600 times a year he has to fight to get over 500. He will not be. and in their lies the problem no Good QB is going to want to play in this system. That is why rookies work they will be yes sir no sir 3 bags full until they realize they are being used, and abused.
Not one person on the planet said Carr is better than Wilson. Your shtick is so tired.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
They would demand that the Hawks get that Raider TE..probably could get Wilson for 5 TE's if they had it.

John63

Reaction score
iigakusei":xllisv1z said:
John63":xllisv1z said:

Not one person on the planet said Carr is better than Wilson. Your shtick is so tired.

LOl to bad, but I did not say he was better than Wilson, either I just pointed out you get more with Wilson. FYI i really don't care what you think about my "Shtick".

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't see our interest in a deal with the Raiders unless they throw in a ridiculous number of picks. I think they may be on the list because Russ wouldn't mind living in Las Vegas and playing for Gruden, and not because they are a serious trading partner.

The Raiders have the #17 overall pick this year which likely isn't high enough to be able to draft any of the top 4 QBs. It's also a bad year to take a gamble on the 4th or 5th best QB prospect given the lack of a combine, lack of in person visits at pro days, lack of in person visits with our medical staff, and lack of in person interviews with the coaching staff. In future years with Russ at QB they will likely have a similar or worse pick.

In order to make the dead cap somewhat palatable we would need good players in return. Carr is probably worth about what he is getting paid but not more, and the Raiders have a lack of valuable contracts from top to bottom.

Josh Jacobs is one of the only valuable pieces I see given that his valuation is above 10m and he is playing for 3.2m and 3.8m the next two seasons. However, it is very possible that he would hold out in 2022 if he wasn't given a large extension that off-season, and we also off-set almost none of the dead cap by trading for a player with a cap hit of 3.2m.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":tikhg6o9 said:
K.J WRIGHT":tikhg6o9 said:
For Carr and three #1 picks ?

Yes, and then I would flip Carr, and one of those first rounders to Houston for Watson.

Carr would retire, his Brother knows all about Houston and it's ownership.