WR Tyler Lockett signs extension - 4y/$69.2M

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":20v7h88l said:
1) I am glad Lockett got extended.

2) This should dramatically lower Lockett's cap number for 2021 for those that care.

3) Pete wants to be a running team but is looking at paying QB1, WR1, and WR2 all top dollar. Makes sense.

Even "running teams" have to pass the ball effectively.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Fade":lt7hdl11 said:

2) This should dramatically lower Lockett's cap number for 2021 for those that care.

3) Pete wants to be a running team but is looking at paying QB1, WR1, and WR2 all top dollar. Makes sense.

Sorry Fade, I don't believe Pete said he wants the Seahawks to be a "running team". I believe he said we need to run the ball more effectively. There's a world of difference there. Please return to your normal dispassionate and rational analysis, which I like to read during the regular season.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2fipnp0a said:
jamescasey1124":2fipnp0a said:
Remember when alot pf posters said he wasnt a number one? Sure looks like they were wrong per seahawks front office.

He's definitely a number 1 caliber receiver, but he's the second best overall on the team as it stands.

No he is not. His hands, catches, tds, toe taps and ability to get open say otherwise. Oh yeah and his yac too. Dk is not the only one who breaks away. Yeah sure tyler will go down easy, but it usually after a massive gain or trying to slide under tackles. Dk literally has nothing on him but size.

misfit

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":384pup8c said:
Maelstrom787":384pup8c said:
jamescasey1124":384pup8c said:
Remember when alot pf posters said he wasnt a number one? Sure looks like they were wrong per seahawks front office.

He's definitely a number 1 caliber receiver, but he's the second best overall on the team as it stands.

No he is not. His hands, catches, tds, toe taps and ability to get open say otherwise. Oh yeah and his yac too. Dk is not the only one who breaks away. Yeah sure tyler will go down easy, but it usually after a massive gain or trying to slide under tackles. Dk literally has nothing on him but size.

Its so crazy how DK keeps getting the #1 cb and double teams every week

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Woohoo! This is good news. I wanted him re-signed. Yeah, it's a lot of money, but the front office has never put us into serious cap hell like a lot of other teams front offices have, so I'll defer to them on that. And good for Lockett! One of my favorites. He's clutch and fun to watch.

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3861lf5v said:
Maelstrom787":3861lf5v said:
jamescasey1124":3861lf5v said:

Because you automatically win the game if you have the receiver with the most toe-taps.

Yeah, no. DK is better overall. Bigger, faster, stronger, healthier (both are healthy, but Tyler obviously plays injured more), and more productive. That's not a slight to Tyler, but this is not even remotely close to a competition.

kf3339

Reaction score
Looks like I arrived a little late, but very good news! :irishdrinkers:

Vetamur

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":rhhuvoy6 said:
My initial impression is over pay but seems like I’m in the minority here

Yea..Im in this boat a bit. Its not horrendous..but it feels a bit heavy. DK is going to need a contract during Locketts and thats going to be a tremendous amount tied up between Lockett, DK and Wilson.

Hopefully it works out!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Step back a little and think about how much the cap is going up in 2022 and forward. It's going to be a massive jump. Contracts that look huge now won't be bad at all after 2021 is over with.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1y43uh9t said:
Fade":1y43uh9t said:

Sorry Fade, I don't believe Pete said he wants the Seahawks to be a "running team". I believe he said we need to run the ball more effectively. There's a world of difference there. Please return to your normal dispassionate and rational analysis, which I like to read during the regular season.

Isn't this the guy that pulled a hissy fit and quit posting his threads half way through last season (maybe two seasons ago)?

pmedic920

Reaction score
In the day of throw away 1-2 year rentals on players, I’m old school enough to appreciate long term relationships with key guys.

I’m not unhappy with this extension in any way.

GoHawks

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3cmlmv7b said:
Besides the above....

.....I’ve got a personality presented and signed TL rookie card.

B I T C H es

You're a rich man if you have that, just saying.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
misfit":1kj1h4ja said:
jamescasey1124":1kj1h4ja said:
Maelstrom787":1kj1h4ja said:
jamescasey1124":1kj1h4ja said:

Oh yeah you right. Dk not very many catches vs Ramsey. Good argument. Dk is outside. Tyler moves around. Avoiding all the coverage. Dk stays and attracts number 1s then switch sides and move around CBs. Even ramsey didnt cover dk for whole games. Get out of here with that shit. There is no such thing is a number one corner anymore. None can play the ball and none switch from outside-slot man up. You can say how he attracts the attention all you want. That's cool...tyler in the middle, tyler in the flat, tyler will beat you deep. Dk is just getting used to all the routes and adaptations that tyler does. Crazy. People overlook incredible players.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1tb7zhbi said:
misfit":1tb7zhbi said:
jamescasey1124":1tb7zhbi said:
Maelstrom787":1tb7zhbi said:

Oh yeah you right. Dk not very many catches vs Ramsey. Good argument. Dk is outside. Tyler moves around. Avoiding all the coverage. Dk stays and attracts number 1s then switch sides and move around CBs. Even ramsey didnt cover dk for whole games. Get out of here with that shit. There is no such thing is a number one corner anymore. None can play the ball and none switch from outside-slot man up. You can say how he attracts the attention all you want. That's cool...tyler in the middle, tyler in the flat, tyler will beat you deep. Dk is just getting used to all the routes and adaptations that tyler does. Crazy. People overlook incredible players.

DK, while apparently still learning, put up a season 300 yards above Tyler's peak... on 17 less receptions than Tyler last year... sooooo....

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":13il2zga said:
jamescasey1124":13il2zga said:
Maelstrom787":13il2zga said:
jamescasey1124":13il2zga said:

*Because you automatically win the game if you have the receiver with the most toe-taps.*

This might be the dumbest shit I've ever read and not nearly what I said^^^^

Nice try though

*Yeah, no. DK is better overall. Bigger, faster, stronger, healthier (both are healthy, but Tyler obviously plays injured more), and more productive. That's not a slight to Tyler, but this is not even remotely close to a competition.*

Dude you might be some type of special. Tell me when dk makes a catch with 99 percent of his body out of bounds in the back of the endzone. Never. Wont happen. How productive is dk? Oh in yards recieving...cool. What is more important? Yards or catches. You would say yards of course. You love the big play too huh? And only dk can do it! Like tyler never caught a deep ball one handed or anything. Anyway...Knowing the unrational posts you seem to make... so let's see....100 catches for lockett this year...over 1000 yards for dk this year....yeah with less catches...cool...1000 yards for tyler. Both had 10 tds. Keep in mind who moves the chains more. Does 83 catches for 129 attempts or is it 100 catches in 132 attempts. Oh yeah in your head yards equal scores right? Sometimes. Given. Well how'd they get an equal amount of tds. Idk.
What in the world has you thinking dk is better than lockett? Bigger and faster means what? To your ideal of production from dk? They are literally were similar in stats and you've come to this reasoning. How?

Who is better Calvin Johnson or Jerry rice? Bigger stronger means nothing. Ecspecially if you cant catch. I mean what's the use in a jump ball anyway and how did Jimmy Graham do on our team after several years of overproducing in N.O. being a bigger, stronger reciever. He was ok for the Hawks.

Getting open period is more important. Tyler is better at it, more consistent and has better hands. You dont need to be big and fast. That's an image.

You are concerned with how players look vs actual production. Flashes not reality.

Dk is a good reciever. Will probably be great, but even if he has a 18 td season, he will never accomplish some of the things Baldwin, Lockett, Tate or Kearse have done. Dk may catch one short and take it to the house or catch one deep beating one on one coverage. He will probably never make extremely difficult catches look simple.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3fafolhz said:
Maelstrom787":3fafolhz said:
jamescasey1124":3fafolhz said:
Maelstrom787":3fafolhz said:

*Because you automatically win the game if you have the receiver with the most toe-taps.*

This might be the dumbest shit I've ever read and not nearly what I said^^^^

Nice try though

*Yeah, no. DK is better overall. Bigger, faster, stronger, healthier (both are healthy, but Tyler obviously plays injured more), and more productive. That's not a slight to Tyler, but this is not even remotely close to a competition.*

Dude you might be some type of special. Tell me when dk makes a catch with 99 percent of his body out of bounds in the back of the endzone. Never. Wont happen. How productive is dk? Oh in yards recieving...cool. What is more important? Yards or catches. You would say yards of course. You love the big play too huh? And only dk can do it! Like tyler never caught a deep ball one handed or anything. Anyway...Knowing the unrational posts you seem to make... so let's see....100 catches for lockett this year...over 1000 yards for dk this year....yeah with less catches...cool...1000 yards for tyler. Both had 10 tds. Keep in mind who moves the chains more. Does 83 catches for 129 attempts or is it 100 catches in 132 attempts. Oh yeah in your head yards equal scores right? Sometimes. Given. Well how'd they get an equal amount of tds. Idk.
What in the world has you thinking dk is better than lockett? Bigger and faster means what? To your ideal of production from dk? They are literally were similar in stats and you've come to this reasoning. How?

Who is better Calvin Johnson or Jerry rice? Bigger stronger means nothing. Ecspecially if you cant catch. I mean what's the use in a jump ball anyway and how did Jimmy Graham do on our team after several years of overproducing in N.O. being a bigger, stronger reciever. He was ok for the Hawks.

Getting open period is more important. Tyler is better at it, more consistent and has better hands. You dont need to be big and fast. That's an image.

You are concerned with how players look vs actual production. Flashes not reality.

Dk is a good reciever. Will probably be great, but even if he has a 18 td season, he will never accomplish some of the things Baldwin, Lockett, Tate or Kearse have done. Dk may catch one short and take it to the house or catch one deep beating one on one coverage. He will probably never make extremely difficult catches look simple.

Oh, look, the laughingstock of .Net calling people special. Absolutely laughable.

Anyway, yeah, receiving yards kind of matter. Especially when we're talking about DK racking up 1300 of them - nearly 300 more than Lockett last season. DK doesn't have the better hands, but is CLEARLY the more productive receiver of the two.

Most of the rest of your post is nearly illegible as to conveying your train of thought. I'll reply as best I can to some of this meandering word-vomit.

What in the world has you thinking dk is better than lockett? Bigger and faster means what?

It means bigger and stronger. Almost like athleticism matters or something.

Ecspecially if you cant catch.

Players who can't catch don't get 1300 yards on 83 receptions. Don't cheer for DK if you don't like him.

Getting open period is more important. Tyler is better at it

Oh, yeah. Yards after catch and average yards per reception don't matter, only pass catches. Might as well pass 150 times to Homer next year for an average of 4 yards a pop, because that's better. More catches, more better. What a fantastic, nuanced viewpoint.

Dk may catch one short and take it to the house or catch one deep beating one on one coverage.

Yeah, he did lots of those. Like 83 of them last year. For 1300 yards. I'm the one looking at actual production. You're looking at toe taps and how you feel about how hard DK makes catches look, I'm looking at actual stats.