WR Tyler Lockett signs extension - 4y/$69.2M

misfit

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1xh0xcpe said:
misfit":1xh0xcpe said:
jamescasey1124":1xh0xcpe said:
Maelstrom787":1xh0xcpe said:
He's definitely a number 1 caliber receiver, but he's the second best overall on the team as it stands.

No he is not. His hands, catches, tds, toe taps and ability to get open say otherwise. Oh yeah and his yac too. Dk is not the only one who breaks away. Yeah sure tyler will go down easy, but it usually after a massive gain or trying to slide under tackles. Dk literally has nothing on him but size.

Its so crazy how DK keeps getting the #1 cb and double teams every week

Oh yeah you right. Dk not very many catches vs Ramsey. Good argument. Dk is outside. Tyler moves around. Avoiding all the coverage. Dk stays and attracts number 1s then switch sides and move around CBs. Even ramsey didnt cover dk for whole games. Get out of here with that $h!t. There is no such thing is a number one corner anymore. None can play the ball and none switch from outside-slot man up. You can say how he attracts the attention all you want. That's cool...tyler in the middle, tyler in the flat, tyler will beat you deep. Dk is just getting used to all the routes and adaptations that tyler does. Crazy. People overlook incredible players.

Ramsey may have taken a few plays off, but he was on DK almost all game. PP21? also on DK. Slay was on DK(who dk abused. Gilmore? on DK. there on always assignments and changes but dk is drawing #1 cbs and he is drawing double teams on the regular especially once he started going off. he dictates coverage. I love Tyler he is great, and he had a great season, but I think his numbers should of been even better because DK took a lot of attention off of him this year. I think another reason we need a good #3 wr, but here we are.

Time will tell but DK has potential to be on pace to be the greatest seahawk receiver we have ever seen and you are talking about him passing the great things that lockett kearse baldwin have done? He just broke the all time yards record :roll:

Jville

Reaction score
Those petty "my favorite is better than your favorite" arguments completely miss the essence of team sports .........

"You know they're so uniquely different," Carroll said. "They're just uniquely different in style and in all. The result is you throw it to them and they catch it, and they make plays and they make big plays. The consistency I think is really the thing that jumps out—Tyler's been doing it for years. Think how long he's been good, and he just continues to be unique and special… DK just continues to be impressive, and in a totally different fashion. They get along well, they learn from each other, they help each other, they have good relationship and all that. That's always helped with our young guys that the older guys will take them under the wing; Tyler's been like that with DK the whole time." [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-wr-tyler-lockett-signs-multi-year-contract-extension[/urltargetblank]

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Jville":2og5d5j0 said:
Those petty "my favorite is better than your favorite" arguments completely miss the essence of team sports .........

"You know they're so uniquely different," Carroll said. "They're just uniquely different in style and in all. The result is you throw it to them and they catch it, and they make plays and they make big plays. The consistency I think is really the thing that jumps out—Tyler's been doing it for years. Think how long he's been good, and he just continues to be unique and special… DK just continues to be impressive, and in a totally different fashion. They get along well, they learn from each other, they help each other, they have good relationship and all that. That's always helped with our young guys that the older guys will take them under the wing; Tyler's been like that with DK the whole time." [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-wr-tyler-lockett-signs-multi-year-contract-extension[/urltargetblank]

DK and TL just run different routes and catch different balls. I'm not a stats-king - but take some of the first read DK rainbow passes out of the first half of the season - and let's see how he matches up with TL in the second half of the season once there was some deep ball coverage on defenses!

I LOVE me some TL. The price does seem a BIT rich to me.

Wanna love DK. If he gives me a season without blowups and grabbing TV cameras in the stands - he'll start to win me over a bit more. A little too Sherman for me ATM.

TL = ADB with more class? Dare I say? Although in all honesty, ADB was the shit: [youtube]SIrtlP6iu3E[/youtube]

Again, Loves me some TL and BWagz. Just go about their business without being head cases.

Once Russ learns that there's a SHORTER/MIDDLE OF THE FIELD with the new OC hopefully this year, all the short route receivers and tight ends should have a better year IMO ;) Gimmie 3 TL's/ADB's for every single DK, every year.

Jville

Reaction score
Cap Costs assigned to new Tyler Lockett contract ......

2021 $9,250,000
2022 $10,050,000
2023 $16,750,000
2024 $23,950,000
2025 $23,950,000

Very accommodating numbers. :2thumbs:

Feel free to tell those that freak out over the numbers that the new TV money begins to kick in 2023.

And to those that don't like old people, inform them that Steve Largent played to age 35.

Latest posts