Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Fire Both

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is hard to day but I would move on from Carroll. I remember holmgren saying it’s really hard to stay in one place for a long time because even if you’re an all time great it gets stale. I think it’s time for a fresh start in Seattle and to be thankful for all Pete has done for this franchise but it’s ready for the next chapter

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
What do you do?
I said fire both - but I should have said 'other' also.

Fire both. Honestly.

Go get Quinn as HC. Rewind to before the trade deadline. Trade DK for a 1st and whatever we can get. Setup for drafting Penix.

I don't know who you put in as OC - but FFS anything would be better at this point.

Blow it up. Sick of the excuses.

Like you - I couldn't watch the game after about 10 minutes. Fast forwarded that shit and tried (without much success) to enjoy my burger ;)

EDIT: and after a very quick search, Murf agrees!

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Move on from Carroll and see what we actually have from Hurtt and Waldron before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I picked fire Waldron because all of the same issues keep happening every week that are things an OC is supposed to monitor, adjust, fix. At least to start the year their opening script for two drives was stellar and then the team would fall apart. Now they can't do anything and continue to ignore the run game. Pete doesn't call plays, it's well documented, he is involved for sure but that is on Waldron each down. Calling 3 total runs to a running back with a clearly sore Geno by half time is insane.

Last night was night and day comparing how a current NFL offense should be designed. Balanced, motion everywhere, clearing out zones with someone filling it uncovered. How many times did Shanahan get his stars into uncovered situations? I feel like we have to watch JSN, Lockett, and DK make circus catches just to move the ball. Any OC worth their weight can get a trio like that some easy chunk plays.

Overall though, this is the same old system Pete implements since he got here and he doesn't seem to hire anyone who would threaten to break from it. Route tree is beyond basic, design is vanilla, seems like they default to go routes rather than attack middle of the field. There were far too many plays without a single player in the middle whether it was a TE, WR working across, or RB out of the backfield. How is that not a simple staple to move the ball? Every other team uses it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete will never be fired by Jody (jmo)... and it's my understanding that John doesn't have the authority. Pete would have to step down... and I don't really see that happening mid-season. Clearly, he doesn't see that he is either the problem, or is part of the problem.

nwHawk

Reaction score
At this point, all should be gone and start over. But if I had to pick one I’d say Pete needs to go. Safe doesn’t win the big one.

kidhawk

Reaction score
It’s gotta be Waldron or other. If you fire Pete then either we get the OC or DC as interim coach. I don’t want either option. I’d like to replace Waldron with anyone who can use our backs and TEs properly and stop trying to throw it deep every other set of downs. We have too much talent in the offense to play as bad as they have.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
I voted other. Fire the seahawks ‘fans’. Absolutely insufferable.

Its been a rough stretch but season is far from over, we have a winning record, and a ton of talent. Greatness doesnt just happen overnight. Its a process. That includes tough losses and getting your sht pushed in.

Absolutely insufferable..

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I voted other. Fire the seahawks ‘fans’. Absolutely insufferable.

Its been a rough stretch but season is far from over, we have a winning record, and a ton of talent. Greatness doesnt just happen overnight. Its a process. That includes tough losses and getting your sht pushed in.

Absolutely insufferable..

Edit: and I gotta say - really? after that showing, we go to the cowboys, AT 49ers again, then philly? The rough stretch is FAR from over.

Last edited:

Palmegranite

Reaction score
When I tuned in the broadcast of the game at one point the camera was pulled our to a wide shot of the field and stands.

The stands were predominantly red so I assumed it was a home game for the 49ers.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I said Fire Carroll i agree with @mistaowen, I want to see what waldron and hurtt can do without Pete. As well, these issues that we're seeing this year... are same issues we've seen in the past with our previous 2 OC's. Russell was better as masking them tbh. We could have 50 OC's in here and PC will want the long developing plays or forced balls and same poor ass shit screens.

He's and old dog who's stuck in ways speaking to us all year after year like a car salesman. Like Hyping up the team year after year, rah rah, Kmac is pheromonal, where the f was he last night? lol stuff like that.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Remember this is in the main forums NOT the shack, Keep it PG-13 yall

Latest posts