You guys need to get it together

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Great OP. Well thought out, and I completely agree.

I'm not worried at all. We are making the playoffs, and we have a lot of games left to get the defense right. The offense is already there, and Russ will get back on his MVP track.

I still believe we split with the Rams and the Cards. I expect a loss to the Rams this week, then we roll to finish out a 3-loss season.

I still believe that, at the end of the year, it will be a 2-horse race for the NFCW. The Cards will be in the 3 to 4 loss range, and the Rams in the 5 to 6.

It's getting to the best part of the regular season, and it is nice to be going into it with a small cushion.

Upwurdz

Reaction score
Rams fan here as well. OP is right. Nothing is guaranteed, but I do agree that it feels like the playoff spots are kind of locked in, just not sure the order. Also hard to predict this Sunday. Both teams coming off losses, both gonna be hungry to get that W. Our defense has gotten better and better as the season has progressed, so I could see them having a coming out party by shutting down the Hawk offense.

I can also see Wilson making us pay with the deep ball, to be fair

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not as optimistic as some are here.

GB might have been shelled by TB, but that was because TB blitzed regularly.
Aaron will eat that soft stuff we serve him all day. They might have a good run game too, but like Buffalo they won't need it.

That same soft coverage weak defense approach is going to kill us vs Brady, who is the king of finding holes in coverage. Sure, pressure gets to him but we aren't the Saints' defense or even close. Maybe we can outscore them, but that is a tough defense when it isn't playing the Saints. If it stops just a few of our drives (and the Bucs blitz regularly, while we struggle against the blitz), then our defense is going to allow enough scores to allow TB to cruise to a win.

Speaking of the Saints, Brees could probably put up 600 yds at the half against our secondary. The Saints and GB are the most likely to boatrace us. Good defense + good offense > WTF defense + great offense.

Rams have been a thorn in our side even when we were a very good team with a great defense. Nothing has changed on that front.

It feels that we are 50/50 with the Cards so we have a chance to beat them. But with this defense, there is not much to be optimistic about us playing any of the other NFC playoff contenders listed.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The thing that upsets me is we have one of the best QB's in the game and we are wasting his prime years. If we had even a below average defense ranked in the 15-20 range, we would be serious contenders for the SB. It wouldnt bother me so much if Goff was our QB :).

Chapow

Reaction score
iigakusei":14rdrgsq said:
The thing that upsets me is we have one of the best QB's in the game and we are wasting his prime years. If we had even a below average defense ranked in the 15-20 range, we would be serious contenders for the SB. It wouldnt bother me so much if Goff was our QB :).

By what measure are we "wasting" his prime years? He is having an exceptional career, and is most likely heading to the HOF.

Oh, because he's "only" won 1 Superbowl? So by that standard, Green Bay has wasted Aaron Rodgers career and New Orleans has wasted Drew Brees career. What a shame those two HOFers careers have been "wasted".

iigakusei

Reaction score
Chapow":j92nczpf said:
iigakusei":j92nczpf said:

By what measure are we "wasting" his prime years? He is having an exceptional career, and is most likely heading to the HOF.

Oh, because he's "only" won 1 Superbowl? So by that standard, Green Bay has wasted Aaron Rodgers career and New Orleans has wasted Drew Brees career. What a shame those two HOFers careers have been "wasted".

Perhaps wasted was the wrong choice of words, I just think our expectations should be higher then getting blown out in the Divisional playoffs every year. RW is too good not to expect more. ps - I am 100% sure Saints and Packers fans feel the same way.

Chapow

Reaction score
iigakusei":h6l520ey said:
Chapow":h6l520ey said:
iigakusei":h6l520ey said:

Perhaps wasted was the wrong choice of words, I just think our expectations should be higher then getting blown out in the Divisional playoffs every year. RW is too good not to expect more. ps - I am 100% sure Saints and Packers fans feel the same way.

And I'm 100% sure that you won't find very many Saints fans that think Drew Brees career has been wasted, or Packers fans that think Aaron Rodgers career has been wasted.

While you actually acknowledged that wasted was "perhaps" the wrong choice of words, you are far from the only person here who has said that Russ is being "wasted".

Latest posts