You guys ready to have Norton fired yet???

PNW

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":c9ena2hd said:
PNW":c9ena2hd said:
For the amount of time our D had to be out there, they did a hell of a job, yes they weren’t perfect. But they came through when we needed them. They’re improving weather you like to admit it or not. We have a bye week now and other key players are going to join us to help us even more. Overall I would like to know what the specific complaints are? The only major thing was giving up runs (we’ve been great all year against the run) but snacks and Adams are going to help. Our Dline was great pass rush wise and we didn’t get beat over the top. I’ll also be the first one to say Barton looked good and helped us. Do you think we will magically get another LOB? That’s not very realistic, especially if you want an MVP caliber and SB winning QB. Every player on the team wants to improve. We all believe and our leadership is top notch. What team would you rather have over the Hawks? I’m sure they’ll take more bandwagon fans.

How are you defending this defense? Its awful. I'm talking bottom of the league terrible garbage. Sure, they make a crucial play once in awhile after they have allowed themselves to be put in those positions to start with. I'm sorry, but they stunk when Adams was healthy and they will continue to stink when he comes back. Teams go up and down the field at will and average close to 500 yards a game against this defense. Wilson's ability to part seas and walk through lion dens unscathed isnt going to last. You know a defense sucks when the other team has 30 or so seconds left in the game and you're still worried its too much time. This defense is one of the worst i've ever seen in any type of organized football. Its truly awful and will be our downfall.

I dont place all the blame on Norton (oh he needs to go but its not all his fault), when Pete and the FO knew that the Dline and pass rush was the biggest weakness on the team and they did little to nothing to fix it. They deserve most of the blame.
I remember a certain young LOB D giving up a ton of yards in 30seconds to give up the game winning field goal in the playoffs. You must have forgot. I said they are improving, I also wanted actual specific complaints. For the TOP to be almost MIN 40 min to SEA 20 mins we held up well. All I see is the D improving every game, other than the runs we gave up, but Snacks and Adams are on the way to help any run issues. We created sack fumbles, sacks, pressures, pass deflections and interceptions when we needed it. Another thing I don’t get is how everyone is comparing a still then rookie deal #3 with a heavily D loaded roster and salary cap to this current roster with Russ’s huge deal, it’s not the same. Did you forget about the salary cap? Negative Nancy’s coming out the wood works after the first 5-0 start in team history is laughable.

Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't think it's time for Norton to go. He's doing the best with what he has to work with. Tre Flowers anyone?!!

The Defense played like: A Sieve. Swiss Cheese.
They are 32nd out of 32. Last place.
...but,
They have Heart!
They make clutch plays when they need to!

Also, we have Russell Wilson. The most amazing QB in the NFL who has a good supporting cast on the Offense.

Riding the roller coaster of highs and lows through the game is not good for your blood pressure, but the Seahawks Won.
That's a capital double-u. "W"

The Seahawks are 5-0 for the first time in history and next week is a bye.

They need some work to tighten up the massive yardage other offenses are getting.
I hope they can figure that out during the bye week because after that we will be in for many Division games and the NFC West is a tough division to play in.

I would prefer they get their wins in a more decisive manner, but I'll take a W any game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even at the height of our defense's greatness, they were prone to over run plays, get out of position and free lance.

Now we're seeing the same things, but with inferior talent. So instead of giving up 1-2 huge plays a game because of bad gap or coverage responsibility, we're seeing it 8-10 times a game.

Does this mean it's Norton's fault? No, but he's obviously not effective in film review sessions and practice making sure these things don't continue to happen.

Long story short, no you don't fire one of your coordinators at 5-0, but I'd be perfectly happy bringing in Quinn as an advisor to help Norton.........then in the off season if Pete still thinks Norton isn't a good fit? Quinn slides in.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Norton is here to stay for the season I am afraid to say.

But that said the real indictment of Norton is that the D is playing a level that is less than the sum of its parts. While there are no All-Pros on the DL and we definitely lack a premier edge rusher, the players on the DL are not terrible in the least. We have an All Pro MLB, and a Pro-bowl OLB. RCB is a Pro Bowl alt, Diggs is more than adequate and with Adams is All-Pro. Ugo is looking good at Nickel. We are really only weak in 2 areas LCB (if Dunbar is available then we are adequate) and EDGE. So maybe the D is top ten, but it should not be bottom 10 either, never mind DEAD ASS LAST!

It has to be Scheme Scheme and Scheme. the DC is responsible for this. But the problem is that say PC recognizes the problem at DC, shouldn't he himself, the Defensive guru that everyone thinks him to be just take over the Defense? Hell maybe he has and is just as bad at it which really wouldn't surprise me.

As far as I am concerned the Seahawks have been the team they have been largely based on the amazing talent they amassed in the early 2010's. RW is the best offensive player in the game (top 3 if you disagree). Wags is not only a talented player but a great on field coach. PC is a good coach but not a guy who does more with less. That has been RW's job and he has done it expertly from day one.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
Here's my 2 cents, I think not having a preseason has hurt the defense so far this year. I think they will get better as the season goes along

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jayburd14":3rojc1u6 said:
Here's my 2 cents, I think not having a preseason has hurt the defense so far this year. I think they will get better as the season goes along

I would have bought this last week after the defense looked pretty good and improving during the Miami game. But after last night, I saw regression, not progression.

Hopefully with Adams back and Snacks in the D-line rotation it'll help. But this defense scares the hell out of me, I don't want them to be the reason we don't go deep into the playoffs.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dkly49w5 said:
Jayburd14":dkly49w5 said:

I would have bought this last week after the defense looked pretty good and improving during the Miami game. But after last night, I saw regression, not progression.

Hopefully with Adams back and Snacks in the D-line rotation it'll help. But this defense scares the hell out of me, I don't want them to be the reason we don't go deep into the playoffs.

I don't see very many teams in the NFL playing good defense, especially in the NFC.

We are hardly alone.

Shootout city so far.

The Breh

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mlhcbl84 said:
The Breh":mlhcbl84 said:
This is not a defense sustainable for a deep playoff run amongst contenders.

What about a healthy defense with Jamal Adams, Snacks and company?
Our D was getting terrorized even with Adams.
Is Brooks going to make that much of a difference?
Snacks in whatever shape he is ?
We don't know those answers but we're all dying to find out.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team has the best QB in the NFL.

It also has near zero chance at going to the SB because of this defense.

If this team does not figure out how to mitigate or overcome Norton's incompetence...we might continue to underachieve in the playoffs like it has for the past 5 years. We win wildcard games. We should be better with the best QB in the NFL. Even the Packers, with effing McCarthy, won an occasional division game.

If we continue to roll with Norton, it almost won't matter how good Wilson is. Because the Vikings are not a playoff team. The playoff teams will win games against terrible defenses. Wilson is going to have to score every drive to win them, and I don't see Pete allowing that.

Pete has held Wilson back in the playoffs for near 5 years now. You could argue we lost 1 playoff game because Wilson had a bad game (Against the Panthers). But the rest of the losses was just Pete refusing to use Wilson until it was too late.

The one great thing about Norton being so bad is that Pete finally has to use Wilson. But now we know Wilson is good, maybe we can shcan Norton, who will be the reason we underperform in the playoffs.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
capncrunch":2pstmd97 said:
Palpitation":2pstmd97 said:
Bring in Quinn as a D consultant.

Yes.

Pretty sure if Quin accepts any job, he will no longer get paid from Atlanta. (Fired coaches still get their contracts honored...unless they violated it.)

So, we would need to match the remaining contract to even entice him. Somebody look it up. I'm at work.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HagFaithful":1gzl2s1k said:
capncrunch":1gzl2s1k said:
Palpitation":1gzl2s1k said:
Bring in Quinn as a D consultant.

Yes.

Pretty sure if Quin accepts any job, he will no longer get paid from Atlanta. (Fired coaches still get their contracts honored...unless they violated it.)

So, we would need to match the remaining contract to even entice him. Somebody look it up. I'm at work.

I'm pretty sure coaches aren't the same as cut players when it comes to their contracts.

Now maybe Quinn wants to take the rest of the year off and wait until the off season to see if he can get another HC gig, but I don't think his contract would prevent us from hiring him onto the staff now.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":lj7xjdic said:
This team has the best QB in the NFL.

It also has near zero chance at going to the SB because of this defense.

If this team does not figure out how to mitigate or overcome Norton's incompetence...we might continue to underachieve in the playoffs like it has for the past 5 years. We win wildcard games. We should be better with the best QB in the NFL. Even the Packers, with effing McCarthy, won an occasional division game.

If we continue to roll with Norton, it almost won't matter how good Wilson is. Because the Vikings are not a playoff team. The playoff teams will win games against terrible defenses. Wilson is going to have to score every drive to win them, and I don't see Pete allowing that.

Pete has held Wilson back in the playoffs for near 5 years now. You could argue we lost 1 playoff game because Wilson had a bad game (Against the Panthers). But the rest of the losses was just Pete refusing to use Wilson until it was too late.

The one great thing about Norton being so bad is that Pete finally has to use Wilson. But now we know Wilson is good, maybe we can shcan Norton, who will be the reason we underperform in the playoffs.

We are 20th in the league in points per game

Our biggest (likely) challenger in the NFC-Green Bay- is 18th.

Not sure I draw the same conclusions about the impossibility of a deep playoff run.

This isnt the 2010, 2015 or even the 2019 NFL. Defenses everywhere pretty much suck.

Palpitation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ko6jqzv said:
Even at the height of our defense's greatness, they were prone to over run plays, get out of position and free lance.

Now we're seeing the same things, but with inferior talent. So instead of giving up 1-2 huge plays a game because of bad gap or coverage responsibility, we're seeing it 8-10 times a game.

Does this mean it's Norton's fault? No, but he's obviously not effective in film review sessions and practice making sure these things don't continue to happen.

Long story short, no you don't fire one of your coordinators at 5-0, but I'd be perfectly happy bringing in Quinn as an advisor to help Norton.........then in the off season if Pete still thinks Norton isn't a good fit? Quinn slides in.

This...

D

DomeHawk

For me it's easy to isolate my concerns with the defense. For the D-line it's obvious, we lack personnel and to an extent it is also true of the DB, but when did that zone become so soft?

getnasty

Reaction score
How many player when healthy on this team would start on Dan Quinns defenses of 12 and 13? Maybe Jamal Adams over Kam? Maybe Shaq over Browner? Couple that iwith the style of offense on this team compared 2012 and 2013. No doubt the defense has to get better starting with Norton but Dan Quinn is not the answer.

They need to stop the run, keep the ball in front of them, stay positive in the turnover battle and they'll be fine.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
LTH":2h3q3p92 said:
sutz":2h3q3p92 said:
I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

I think our D plays with heart and prides itself on making big plays when it really matters! They have shown that all year long... Period!

LTH

KJ Wright's high point intercept at our scoring end of the field was a thing of beauty.
Also, The Seahawks 'D' stopped Cam Newton on 4th & goal, beating Bill Billicheat's Patriots.
When the chips are down, they just keep coming through, AND, even when we had the LOB, Wilson still had to win a bunch of squeakers.

PNW

Reaction score
scutterhawk":28big8yz said:
LTH":28big8yz said:
sutz":28big8yz said:
I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

I think our D plays with heart and prides itself on making big plays when it really matters! They have shown that all year long... Period!

LTH

KJ Wright's high point intercept at our scoring end of the field was a thing of beauty.
Also, The Seahawks 'D' stopped Cam Newton on 4th & goal, beating Bill Billicheat's Patriots.
When the chips are down, they just keep coming through, AND, even when we had the LOB, Wilson still had to win a bunch of squeakers.
Agree on your points! Also that KJ interception was some Spider-Man type of Sh*t!!!