You notice after one bad game..

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":w1v8z1pt said:
He makes a good point though. Everything really does suck.
Speak for yourself. I've got an intelligent, pretty daughter who is doing a foreign exchange to Germany, I live in freaking New Zealand, which is quite possibly the best place to live in the world, I have a happy marriage, a good home, and in my first every go at clay pigeon shooting today, I hit on 7/10 shots.

To top it off, the Seahawks are 10-3 - another winning season and likely another playoff season. All I ever wanted, back when we were in the NFL's longest playoff drought, was the sort of respect you get when opposing fans see you on the schedule and mark the game a loss. We've had that pretty consistently for over a decade - it's a great time to be a Hawks fan.

RCATES

Reaction score
One bad game? This team barely slid by bad teams and got worked at Home by Ravens and Saints. Needed luck to beat Rams and Niners in the first meetings. Only definitive win against a healthy team was beating Minnesota. Even that game started gruesome. Its pretty simple what happened last week. We got exposed. Hawks are a good all around team but certainly not a contender. Getting beat that bad this late in a season is not a good look going forward by any stretch.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think for me, is the fact that there were so many friends met here, that are no more. For whatever reason a bunch of us that used to be considered friends are not. The former friendships began here. It's a reflection of the times we live in. It's too bad...

RCATES

Reaction score
Largent80":1uktjruj said:
I think for me, is the fact that there were so many friends met here, that are no more. For whatever reason a bunch of us that used to be considered friends are not. The former friendships began here. It's a reflection of the times we live in. It's too bad...

I used to post here a lot more. Problem is there are a select few here who are always attacking those who post a "negative view" towards the Seahawks. The great thing about fandom is there is always two sides. Those who are straight "Homers" and feel the Seahawks can do no wrong. Then there's the "Realist" who have no problem calling out the bad sides of this team. As a community we must embrace both sides and not attack one another for our different outlooks on this team. As long as the Moderators continue to allow these attacks the traffic on this Forum will continue to suffer.

Largent80

Reaction score
There was a huge group of people from here that used to meet up before the games. Many of us don't live in Seattle anymore but we remained friends. There were large "pre funcs" where all of us would take over Temple Billiards......We would attend games together, or even watch away games together....It's just gone and I'm sad about it.

We could post get togethers for out of towners to get together. And that is gone. Nobody does it anymore. I guess it doesn't matter to people like it used to.

Just saying the way I feel.

Seafan

Reaction score
This team has never really put a great game together in all three phases. Considering the team has faced the 2nd toughest schedule and the youth of the roster and the Hawks have the most injured players in the league....

I'm not worried about any game. If the Hawks makes the playoffs and they should, I'm hoping the team is finally firing on all cylinders. The team was probably due a let down. They need to know they have to bring it every game and hopefully every down. It was certainly a learning experience.

Only Diggs and Carson brought their "A" game so it was an epic team collapse. I'm optimistic at the potential for the team to bring it all together in the next three weeks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":2xrwro82 said:
A debbie downer post about debbie downers. Followed by people drowning all the downers who apparantly make the forum unbearable.

You all think is just a .NET problem?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Go check out a Cowboys forum sometime.
Andrea..DD OG? :lol: :lol: :irishdrinkers: :sarcasm_on:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Thats every time it happens and usually the ones clamoring were the biggest boasters prior, thats worse than bandwagon... thats Cowboy-esque fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
RCATES":3rxlftio said:
One bad game? This team barely slid by bad teams and got worked at Home by Ravens and Saints. Needed luck to beat Rams and Niners in the first meetings. Only definitive win against a healthy team was beating Minnesota. Even that game started gruesome. Its pretty simple what happened last week. We got exposed. Hawks are a good all around team but certainly not a contender. Getting beat that bad this late in a season is not a good look going forward by any stretch.

10-3 negative Nancy... never seen a bunch of people flame their own team with a 10-3 record... beginning of season 90% of us would have killed for 10-6 and here we are 10-3. Being a life long Seahawk fan in Iowa I personally watched us struggle and lose to shitty Rams teams for years in STL let alone this one with weapons. And of that you talk close games, so in post season and in a tight game, yea rather have a team thats been there... our fan base sometimes I swear....just like anyone blaming Russell for a bad game..ope, he is human..look at his career stats and then imagine how many games we dont win without him... Go F’n Hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great post DJ, and pretty much relevant after yet another win, and sitting at 11-3. Nothing is more entertaining that someone claiming a team who is 11-3 got "exposed"
Exposed to who? To those who are just waiting to pounce on the team, yet continue to be wrong OVER AND OVER again. The Niners just got kicked in the teeth by a crap Falcons team at home. Did they get exposed?
The Saints got smoked at home by a then 1 win Falcons team. Did they get exposed?
The Hawks WIN games and still get called exposed and/or a farce by their own fans. Yeah, that makes sense.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":u8zhpi9x said:
Largent80":u8zhpi9x said:

I used to post here a lot more. Problem is there are a select few here who are always attacking those who post a "negative view" towards the Seahawks. The great thing about fandom is there is always two sides. Those who are straight "Homers" and feel the Seahawks can do no wrong. Then there's the "Realist" who have no problem calling out the bad sides of this team. As a community we must embrace both sides and not attack one another for our different outlooks on this team. As long as the Moderators continue to allow these attacks the traffic on this Forum will continue to suffer.

You mean "the realist" that stated that Hass is twice the QB as Wilson is after ripping on Wilson for the XXX time??

That is not being a realist, that is flat out being a Wilson hater and is statistically a very stupid statement.

Ya....don't expect us to forget that crap please. :177692: :roll:

I would let it go if you backed off on that pathetic comment and following rant....but you doubled down so deal with it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cates has been the biggest Russ basher I've seen on here. It's next level childish crap.
Russ could throw 6 touchdowns in a game and 1 tipped fluke pick. He would talk about the pick the entire time and/or say they only won because of the defense. It's just typical blatant refusal to accept the best QB this team has ever had, period. Like any great QB, he has bad games and his faults. But to just choose to ignore actual facts because you don't like someone? 3rd grade level...…..
I really liked Hass as a QB and he's a good dude. But can you imagine him behind the line that Russ has had to deal with? He wouldn't have lasted very long at all. It would have been hard to watch.

Seymour

Reaction score
Exactly! Hass is one of my top 5 all time favorite Hawks and I have a very nice SB40 autographed pic of him hanging in my office. But to read crap like that over and over is intolerable IMO. I too am critical of Russ at times, but when I read crap like that and "Russ can't throw against zone" crap from Tical I draw the line and will call them out every time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, stuff has been written about all the things he "can't do" when he clearly can do all of those exact things. Meh, he'll never be accepted by some, and that's fine. Go Hawks

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mue4k3vk said:
Yeah, things have been writing about all the things he "can't do" when he clearly can do all of those exact things. Meh, he'll never be accepted by some, and that's fine. Go Hawks

True...it really is just fine. And it's also just fine that we have the right to call BS when we see it so on we go. :irishdrinkers:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
MrThortan":16owampd said:
People will and can respond negatively to just about anything. There must be a sense of gratification that comes from venting/b!@ch that some find more rewarding than heaping praise. I think it is best to walk the middle path between doomsayer and homer, where perception is ruled by unbiased reason. Easier said than done though. Someone could win a million dollars and their first response would be to complain about the taxes they had to pay.
This!

Also a loss allows you to immediately look to how to fix flaws, winning doesn’t allow for that.