Your best Seahawk moments

chet380

Reaction score
September 12, 1976 -- at long last, my partner and I being able to settle in to our (then-inexpensive) season-ticket seats to watch the Hawks' first NFL game -- Sam McCollum caught 2 TD's from Zorn in a well-fought loss.

evergreen

Reaction score
^disregard^
I have a good one now. The parade. Driving for four hours to Olympia to meet Allen and then to the train In Tacoma. We get there around 7:30 in the AM and there are thousands of people already lined up for the sounder or whatever it’s called. It stops running at 9:00 or something and like I said the line was blocks long. Then we find out it’s the line for people with tickets. We don’t have them and as it turns out it’s not even clear how to get them. So as we’re searching for how to find the tickets we eventually buy some annual pass but now we won’t even get on before it stops running. By this time we were actually close to where the trains are and we walk around the building and there is the train. Just sitting there mostly empty because they couldn’t or wouldn’t put people on fast enough. We just walked in and sat down. The doors shut and we were off. That was a lit of happy people. Everyone was so nice and friendly no racial or economic or religious issues. Just a live of a team and your fellow fans. All thru the day, I didn’t see any assholes. It was freezing cold but we were all warm inside!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
RastaHawk12!":256l52nv said:
My Seahawk moments go back to the Dallas game in 1976 to the Romo fumble game to the Green Bay NFCCG a few years ago... plus many many more wonderful years of loving this team.

I have a unique Seahawk moment, however, that my daughter made happen. A few years ago, she told me that she entered me into Russell Wilson's, "good man challenge." She wrote an essay about some of the work I had done in the inner cities, with homeless youth, and with victims of trafficking. I thought it was so sweet, and we forgot about it. Four months later, she called me, all excited, that we were in the finals.

Long story short, we won, and they flew me and my two kids to Seattle to meet Russell and get some prizes. They made professional recordings and put them on their websites. Russell even did one of his selfie videos and posted it.

For a lifelong fan, this experience with my kids is a big one!

31301934_10213284413957139_3693704056749948928_n.jpg

DING DING DING. Too good, good on you and your daughter, Rasta. Love it!

I've been through the entire Seahawk gambit and have accumulated a bunch of great Seahawk moments. The thing about "the best" anything is that there is only one that is "the best". My approach, whether playing or taking photographs or any other pursuit, evolved into trying to make the next one the best one. I hope that is exactly the approach our staff and roster takes too.

keasley45

Reaction score
So many great moments here and I remember them all and disagree with non of them. But for me, being a hawks fan before the holmgren years was always about fighting for respect and having to answer that most annoying of question from fans of other teams... 'why in the world are you a seahawks fan??'. So my most crystal moments are those in which we put the world on notice that there was something special happening in the PNW that the NFL needed to take heed of. And before our first NFC championship, before our first superbowl win... before beastquake , all of the remarkable comebacks and our recent track record of record setting success, there was that postseason game in Miami in 1983 where a ragtag, scrappy hawks team led by the steel Jawed, chewing gum destroying coach, Chuck Knox was the league's Cinderella story, and did the impossible - went blow for blow with Don Shula's team, led by the darling of the NFL at the time, Dan Marino... and came away the victor. They weren't supposed to have a chance, the game, a table setter for a dolphins team that the media had assumed was destined to represent the AFC in the superbowl. Until they met a Hawks team that hadn't been made aware of any such talk.

The moment - the go-ahead drive led by an otherwise no-name, undrafted qb named Krieg ( they all knew his name after that game), and the hawks go-to threats on the ground in C Warner and through the air in the legendary #80, Steve Largent.

Miami knew what was coming and they were helpless to stop it. First, a pass across the middle to a sliding Largent that put the hawks in Miami territory. Then a dime of a pass and catch again to Largent along the far sideline that took them within the 5 yard line. And finally, the sprint by Warner over the right side and across the goal line.

It was after that second catch by Largent that I remember thinking to myself for the first time ever, that thought that would become common place in more recent years when the chips have been down under the R Wilson led Hawks and defeat seemed probable... that moment when you say to yourself... oh my God, we are going to win THIS game. Here, in this penultimate moment, our Hawks are going to win this game and then EVERYONE, will understand just how good we are and more importantly, why I'm a damn Seahawks fan.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Wow, that above post is amazing. I absolutely remember watching that game as a kid in Saskatchewan Canada and how exciting that was.

Then the fumble recovery on the kickoff to seal it.

keasley45

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":384z1dac said:
Wow, that above post is amazing. I absolutely remember watching that game as a kid in Saskatchewan Canada and how exciting that was.

Then the fumble recovery on the kickoff to seal it.

YES! the fumble recovery on the ensuing drive was a 'pinch me, I must be dreaming, moment'. I legit thought that somehow, even as the clock ticked to zero, that an official would walk out and quote some obscure rule that would hand miami another chance at a win. But the clock just hit double zeros and the team carried coach Knox off the field.

Classic.

It was surreal. Absolutely surreal.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2an056wn said:
DING DING DING. Too good, good on you and your daughter, Rasta. Love it!

I've been through the entire Seahawk gambit and have accumulated a bunch of great Seahawk moments. The thing about "the best" anything is that there is only one that is "the best". My approach, whether playing or taking photographs or any other pursuit, evolved into trying to make the next one the best one. I hope that is exactly the approach our staff and roster takes too.

Thanks Appyhawk!! :D

Deadgamer81

Reaction score
Long time lurker here, always find this site to provide entertaining reading. I've watched Seahawks games all over the country and the world sacrificing sleep at times to see them play due to time zone differences (spent 30 years wearing the army uniform). I've seen games in all their stadiums, made it to Holmgren's last game ( 8 rows up on the 30 yard line), saw Russ's first ass whooping of the Cards from the Hawks nest (that's a rowdy bunch lol), working at the Gig Harbor home Depot on Super Bowl XLVIII Sunday relaying play by play over the intercom as my wife gave it to me over the phone. Seahawks have given me some great memories over the years. The drives back to Eastern WA or Northern ID not so much (the 5 hours to the top of Snoqualmie not a fan lol)

So for me we have to go way back to Nov 81, yeah that dates me I'm an old fart, it was the 2nd or 3rd game I had ever attended. This was way before Pittsburgh earned that special place of hatred in my heart. I was 17 at the time still in high school. My dad had season tickets up in the nose bleed sections mid field somewhere in the 300's. Literally like 2 rows from the ceiling. I believe this was the game that had two highlights for me, the first was the beer vendor who usually led the wave, in the third quarter he stumbled on the stairs and dumped a considerable amount of new beers onto a couple near the aisle, being beer drenched and with the team not looking stellar they left, boy did they miss out on the second highlight below.

Nov 8th 1981 Pittsburgh @ Seattle in the Kingdome

We had sucked for the first half but in the second half specifically the 4th quarter they came alive scoring 14 points and coming back from being down by 11. The final drive of the game was Pittsburgh pushing hard they went down into field goal range and their kicker Dave Traut (SP?) trotted onto the field, I remember the announcers talking about how this should be an easy shot for him being well within his range. The talk was all about the impending overtime when he made the field goal. The ball was snapped cleanly and the kick was away, it was shortly followed by a resounding doink as the ball hit the right upright and bounced out! Seattle wins!!!!!! 24-21 on a last second missed field goal. I couldn't talk for 3 days after that I was so hoarse from screaming.

schkoot

Reaction score
I’m pretty proud to say that I witnessed both the Hamlin hit and the Kam hit on VD in person. I didn’t see the Darryl Willaims hit and I could have gone to the game! I was doing something dumb like band practice.

SEAHAWKBLITZ

Reaction score
12-1-2011 Thursday Night Football vs Eagles

Vince Young threw one of the all time worst passes of his career straight to David Hawthorne. The Heater ran it back for a score to seal the victory. As he crossed the goal line he flipped the ball over his shoulder, Chris Clemons caught it and tossed it into the stands. My friend at the game was able to keep it from going over our heads, me and a couple other fans scrambled for the ball, but I had gotten a hold of it first and had a death grip on that thing, and after a short tug of war it became my most prized piece of Seahawks memorabilia. On display at my home in it's glass case to this day. Same fan still sits in front of me today, the ball actually landed in his wife's seat who was not at the game. Of all the memories and big moments we have shared at the stadium over the years, that is the one thing that we talk about every season.

keasley45

Reaction score
SEAHAWKBLITZ":5th5gjod said:
12-1-2011 Thursday Night Football vs Eagles

Vince Young threw one of the all time worst passes of his career straight to David Hawthorne. The Heater ran it back for a score to seal the victory. As he crossed the goal line he flipped the ball over his shoulder, Chris Clemons caught it and tossed it into the stands. My friend at the game was able to keep it from going over our heads, me and a couple other fans scrambled for the ball, but I had gotten a hold of it first and had a death grip on that thing, and after a short tug of war it became my most prized piece of Seahawks memorabilia. On display at my home in it's glass case to this day. Same fan still sits in front of me today, the ball actually landed in his wife's seat who was not at the game. Of all the memories and big moments we have shared at the stadium over the years, that is the one thing that we talk about every season.

That.

Is.

Awesome!!

Hawaii Hawk

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to win tickets from KISW to attend SB48!
Even in the nosebleeds seats, it is the best game I ever attended.

Time to get back to the Owl!
:D

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawaii Hawk":nm60fj1z said:
I was lucky enough to win tickets from KISW to attend SB48!
Even in the nosebleeds seats, it is the best game I ever attended.

Time to get back to the Owl!
:D

If one could get to only one Hawks game in a lifetime, that would be the one to have attended! Good on ya!

Oh, and :greetingsearthling: Welcome aboard! What a fun first post.

94Smith

Reaction score
I've been to 3 Seahawks vs 49ers games. All 3 49ers wins (which does not happen often against you guys!)

First trip to Seattle was in 2002 to watch the Terrell Owens sharpie game. The stadium was pretty new back then I believe and if I remember right it was a close game. Owens was a heck of a receiver but the sharpie stunt was a bit of an ass move.

My second Seahawks game was at Levis stadium in December 2018. I took my good friend who is a Seahawks fan, it was his first NFL game ever. 49ers were very much out of the playoffs but pulled out a win. Richie James had a kick return for a TD which was pretty exciting for 49ers fans. The stadium was about 1/2 full of Seahawk fans.

My third Seahawk game was the most meaningful one in December of 2019 in Seattle . I took the same friend to his first game in Seattle. It was the battle for the NFC west and of course Dre Greenlaw had the goaline tackle to save the game. That was pretty surprising and a great finish as a 49ers fan, but if you would have asked me before it happened, I would have said there was no way they would not score a TD in that situation. I was more than a little nervous in the moment and thought it was over.

I have tickets to the game in Seattle this December as well and hope it will mean as much as the game in 2019.

osprey6

Reaction score
I live in Pittsburgh, so seeing the boys come here and smoke the Stealers is always fun. 2019 was cool, because it was DK's first touchdown and a nice win, but it was also the first one my daughter attended with me.

But that can't compare to 1998. For those who need a refresher: Stealers win the toss and elect to receive. The first pass attempt is a pick six by Merton Hanks. The Stealers then go 3 and out and punt, only to have Charlie Rodgers return it for a TD. That's right, we're up 14-0 and haven't run an offensive play...

Another PGH 3 and out and the first Seahawks pass play is a 51 yard completion. The rest of the scoring was field goals except a PGH TD in garbage time. Final: 29-10.

Most of my section cleared out at halftime!

Also went to the JAX home game in 2013, and scored field passes from the SeaHawkers. I had already met Kiltman and Cannonball at the 2003 game in Cincy, but met so many other Superfans that weekend, including Secret Squirrel from the board. The game wasc a blowout for us and a rainy day, but got to do and see so much that weekend, with a special trip to the Puyallup worked in.

Lastly, the Sunday night win at NE in 2016. Brady throws incomplete on 4th down to seal it. That might have been CJ's best game as a 'hawk. Lots of inconsolable Pats fans on the train back to Providence that might!

I know you didn't ask, but my personal low lights involve attending 3 games where neither team scored a touchdown...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to be in 100-level seats for both the Beastquake and Fail Mary games. Beastquake is #1 due to it being a playoff game, us being 7-9, and it being the greatest run in playoff history.

For any non-Seahawks fan lurkers here who disagree, post a more skilled playoff run by a runningback. I'm not talking about crap like some good blocks springing Adrian Peterson for 90 yards where he just takes off and nobody can catch him, I'm talking about an amazing display of skill BY the runningback. Marshawn Lynch performed like three miraculous feats in a single play on that run just by himself.

94Smith

Reaction score
Marcus Allen's Superbowl run was pretty good, but more of a speed / vison / ellusive run rather than a power run

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Ok, best seahawks moment. Hmm, been a lot of great ones over the years.

But if I have to pick one, I will go with the time Golden Tate and I made sweet love to Russel's wife.

Or that time my friends, Ralph Malph, Potsie and I lost all our money to some college guys and my dad tom Bosley had to come help us out.