Your best Seahawk moments

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
More of a first than best moments but today will be the first Seattle NFL & NHL double header.
Hawks @1:05 and the Kraken puck drop @6:00

Saved my nickels for a full day of stadium priced beers.

GO HAWKS GO KRAKEN

hawker84

Reaction score
Already been said I'm sure.

1. The tip
2. SB 49 domination

Close third... Hawks win over Saints capped off with the beast quake.

notyou

Reaction score
hawker84":2g1c9t0d said:
Already been said I'm sure.

1. The tip
2. SB 49 domination

Close third... Hawks win over Saints capped off with the beast quake.
I think you mean SB 48

Kiladio

Reaction score
Man, I have been coming to this site for a while, like for a real long while, and have never registered. Probably seems lame, but that's what's been going on. This post made me sign up, because I've been to some good ones, like a lot of folks here. I don't even remember them all since we had such a good run during these years.

I have to say, these have been some of the most exciting times of my life. Maybe that makes me boring, but what else could even compare to some of the things we've seen at the stadium(s). I didn't have the opportunity to see them Kingdome.

I moved to Seattle in 1999. I think my first Hawks game was the Giants game in 2005. The energy from those penalties was not like anything I had experienced before. That got me pretty interested.

Then my next game was the Washington playoff game at home that year. Pretty fun game as well. We didn't go to the Panthers game, which turned out to be a huge mistake. We went to the SB and that sucked.

Luckily my wife and friends wife decided to buy us season tickets the next year. That set up quite a nice bit of fun for the next 11 years or so.

I'm sure I forget most of them, but here's a few:

Tony Romo fumble 2006. That was out of the blue, and not expected. I got pretty wasted after that.

Vernon Davis got smoked by Cam in 2012, I think. We were pretty good, and lost to the freaking Falcons.

Saints playoff victory 2013. Streets were nuts after. Such a fun atmosphere that night.

Somewhere in here we are drinking before the game at Mercantile Bar and the Blue Thunder came through the bar rocking out. I think this is the Saints game but not sure.

The Tip. Yeah, well there was so much hate toward SF at that time it was just so sweet. We really hated Harbaugh, and that was a great win. It was a great game to be at.

Packers NFC game was veeeerrrry cool. Probably the most excited I've been after a game with the crazy ending in this one. Good times all over the area after the game.

I missed Beast Quake because I was at a wedding. Screw that, but I watched it and screamed while other people where at church.

I just have to say that going to the Hawks games over those years will always be some of my most valued memories. That may sound like BS, but it's true. The crowd mentality is incredible. I miss it.

Blaze

Reaction score
I see alot of the same great moments I love and cherish as a Seahawks fan but there is one moment I'll bring up and that's the day Bill Leavy admitted he "didn't understand" the rules and Seattle won XL. IMHO

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
In our Super Bowl winning season, there were so many epic moments, and for some reason most of them involved Jermaine Kearse.

ChamKancellor

Reaction score
2012 season vs the Pats. Rookie RW’s last minute touchdown to Sidney Rice, resulting in a 24-23 Seahawks victory. Probably the most pumped up I’ve ever been in a regular season game.

This one felt like a real coming out party for the team… gave the world a taste of what they would be able to achieve over the next few seasons.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The NFC Championship game against Carolina, went very early, partied with every tailgater I could. The mood was completely confident. Seneca Wallace catches a pass, a very cocky WR from Carolina looked pedestrian, and the crepe paper falling from the sky at the end. I even made the front page of the Cle Elum News paper. I still have the crepe paper pieces, the beer coozie, and the memory of people sobbing in happiness. It was the best game I ever watched in person. The score was not close, but the seats I had were perfect, the crowd was "all in" and even though "the Stealers" loomed as the next game, it cannot be beaten as the best live moment ever. I actually was not as mad as most about the Superb owl loss as most. We beat them 10 times out of 10, if the refs are fair.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Jerhawk":7w5ebjxl said:
Oh and how could I forget this one?

Steve Largent gets payback on Mike Harden. This is legendary

[youtube]EYDBu2jLbuw[/youtube]

One of my top three favorite moments for sure!

Jac

Reaction score
keasley45":2hf3rhxg said:
So many great moments here and I remember them all and disagree with non of them. But for me, being a hawks fan before the holmgren years was always about fighting for respect and having to answer that most annoying of question from fans of other teams... 'why in the world are you a seahawks fan??'. So my most crystal moments are those in which we put the world on notice that there was something special happening in the PNW that the NFL needed to take heed of. And before our first NFC championship, before our first superbowl win... before beastquake , all of the remarkable comebacks and our recent track record of record setting success, there was that postseason game in Miami in 1983 where a ragtag, scrappy hawks team led by the steel Jawed, chewing gum destroying coach, Chuck Knox was the league's Cinderella story, and did the impossible - went blow for blow with Don Shula's team, led by the darling of the NFL at the time, Dan Marino... and came away the victor. They weren't supposed to have a chance, the game, a table setter for a dolphins team that the media had assumed was destined to represent the AFC in the superbowl. Until they met a Hawks team that hadn't been made aware of any such talk.

The moment - the go-ahead drive led by an otherwise no-name, undrafted qb named Krieg ( they all knew his name after that game), and the hawks go-to threats on the ground in C Warner and through the air in the legendary #80, Steve Largent.

Miami knew what was coming and they were helpless to stop it. First, a pass across the middle to a sliding Largent that put the hawks in Miami territory. Then a dime of a pass and catch again to Largent along the far sideline that took them within the 5 yard line. And finally, the sprint by Warner over the right side and across the goal line.

It was after that second catch by Largent that I remember thinking to myself for the first time ever, that thought that would become common place in more recent years when the chips have been down under the R Wilson led Hawks and defeat seemed probable... that moment when you say to yourself... oh my God, we are going to win THIS game. Here, in this penultimate moment, our Hawks are going to win this game and then EVERYONE, will understand just how good we are and more importantly, why I'm a damn Seahawks fan.

That's a great recap. I was a child and wasn't a sports fan, a football fan, or a Seahawks fan. I'm not even sure I had watched a game before. But for some reason I was watching this game (very few channels in those days), and I distinctly remember jumping up on the couch after Warner crossed the goal line. It was that transcendent of a moment for me. When you're a kid, everything just hits harder.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
10/29/1979
Seattle @ Atlanta
The Seahawks' first appearance on Monday Night Football.
Zorn to Herrera for 20 yards on a fake field goal.
Seattle wins 31 - 28 to begin their franchise-long domination of Monday Night Football.

[youtube]TR9KseHxWt0[/youtube]

Rainger

Reaction score
So many to count but I guess being at their very first win on Sunday August 29th1976 in the preseason against the Chargers, only because it was the start of my long love affair with the Hawks! 17-16!

Well and mostly the elation and excitement of winning the SB after 38years of disappointment. Only to have my worst Hawks moment in the last 1 minute of the next year in the SB and the dagger in my heart!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Being close enough at SB48 in the Broncos painted end zone to see ML pick up some skittles.

Latest posts