Zach Miller

CANHawk

Reaction score
Amen Montana. Miller can retire a Hawk as far as I'm concerned. He absolutely has mastered his role and his role is integeral to our offense. He's in no way comparable to Mike Rob, Zack is money well spent.

Hawks46

Reaction score
What's always impressed me about Miller is his blocking, and his hands.

He gets open even though he's not the fastest guy, but he understands the coverage, but just look at his catches. Many of them are very high difficulty that I don't see a lot of other TE's making. Pulling stuff off the carpet, one handed catches in the end zone, and stretching out at full extension to pull in a fast ball.

Agree with the OP on pretty much everything.

Tical21

Reaction score
The good news is that with as we throw to our TE's and WR's, we have completely killed their market value.

I like Zach Miller, liked him a lot in Oakland. But there isn't a TE on the planet worth that kind of money to a team that isn't going to use him. If he is going to play more games like last night, geez, keep him. If he is going to catch 30 balls a year, I'd prefer Kellen Davis plus an extra 4 mil to use on somebody else.

BamKam

Reaction score
Zach Miller is a top 5 TE in the league in terms of how much utility you get out of him, possibly top 3.

Problem is NFL fans in general think of TE's as a reciever. So the ones who put up the big numbers like Graham (who lets be real is a glorfied big WR), Gronk, and Cameron this year will always be seen as the elite. Zach is probably the best blocking TE in the NFL and a really good reciever as well. We are lucky to have him and I hope he keeps staying quiet.

kearly

Reaction score
I have never seen a better TE with less statistical production than Miller. I'd honestly feel sorry for him, if he wasn't on a championship caliber team and among the top earners at his position. I'm glad that every now and then Miller has an Atlanta game or a game like this that reminds us how good he is. I think he's that good every single game, but because of the nature of our offense, sometimes it's hard to see it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
kearly":1qr7k1yp said:
I have never seen a better TE with less statistical production than Miller. I'd honestly feel sorry for him, if he wasn't on a championship caliber team and among the top earners at his position. I'm glad that every now and then Miller has an Atlanta game or a game like this that reminds us how good he is. I think he's that good every single game, but because of the nature of our offense, sometimes it's hard to see it.

Spot On, Man.

We are kind of an embarrassment of riches. It's one reason I cannot fault Rice for his numbers. Only so many opportunities in a game.

And Percy has yet to play a down.

Oof.

Latest posts