Your best Seahawk moments

Maulbert

Reaction score
Here's an underrated one I'll always treasure: Big Play Babs intercepting Drew Bledsoe at our own 42 with 11 seconds left and returning it to the Dallas 30 to set up a game winning FG after trailing most of the way in a lousy game. We won 13-10, scoring 10 of those points in the last 40 seconds (Matt Hasselbeck had hit Ryan Hannam for a tying TD on the previous drive). That was when I realized that '05 team could be special. For once, we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Also, Babs should really be remembered as 'Big Play Babs the Cowboy Killer'.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/fieldgulls/status/1230558879190147074[/tweet]

jon70

Reaction score
I have two, first is Seattle getting the hawks, second was Paul Allen saving the hawks for Seattle

Ruminator

Reaction score
jon70":2t7fki0u said:
I have two, first is Seattle getting the hawks, second was Paul Allen saving the hawks for Seattle

The second item -- without question. When considering anything team related and not necessarily something occurring during a game, that was the moment: Paul Allen buying the team and keeping them in the Northwest. And then acquiring a top-tier coach and top-tier general manager. Easily number one on my list.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I flew up to Seattle and took my father to a game. It happened to be the one where Jeremy Stevens stress-tested his cup against the Raiders. Rainy night, we won, and after the game we couldn't find a taxi back to my hotel. We ended up walking back to my hotel and had a wonderful talk about life, told some dumb jokes, etc. He passed away shortly afterwards so it was the last time I saw him. A bittersweet memory to be sure.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":qxcv76co said:
Flyingsquad23":qxcv76co said:
I have been fortunate enough to be in the house for almost all the biggest moments....and a whole lot of their lowest. But one night that will always be in my mind was the night that Kam Chancellor took the soul of Vernon Davis. Even though it was flagged I still say it was one of the cleanest most devastating hits I have seen. And it had a long lasting effect,

Yeah, I don't get what Kam was supposed to do. It wasn't a even a defenseless receiver or a headshot.

Didn't we end up with a goal line stand(maybe it was a turnover) then took the ball the length of the field for a TD of our own?
His head rocked back and that reaction looked like it was a head hit. The fact that he was not fined for it is absolute proof that it was legal. I don't know what refs are supposed to do when elite fast athletes have bang bang plays like this. It would easily be turned over by replay, like hundreds of other clean hits that got flagged.

Boohman14

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":3b9h60rh said:
I flew up to Seattle and took my father to a game. It happened to be the one where Jeremy Stevens stress-tested his cup against the Raiders. Rainy night, we won, and after the game we couldn't find a taxi back to my hotel. We ended up walking back to my hotel and had a wonderful talk about life, told some dumb jokes, etc. He passed away shortly afterwards so it was the last time I saw him. A bittersweet memory to be sure.

The Raider that kicked Steven's in the junk was Davis, a Pasco Washington native.

Give_it_to_24

Reaction score
I have many good memories over the years, but the one that stands out for me was the Monday game against the Saints back in '13. I was able to take my son back up to Seattle for his first experience at a home game. The Hawks displayed utter domination in that game. When Avril stripped Brees and Bennett caught the ball and ran it in, the tone was set for the night. The energy was electric, but the crowd erupted on that play. My son looks up at me and mouths to me dad....my throat is bleeding. Classic

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Give_it_to_24":qi6l2cis said:
I have many good memories over the years, but the one that stands out for me was the Monday game against the Saints back in '13. I was able to take my son back up to Seattle for his first experience at a home game. The Hawks displayed utter domination in that game. When Avril stripped Brees and Bennett caught the ball and ran it in, the tone was set for the night. The energy was electric, but the crowd erupted on that play. My son looks up at me and mouths to me dad....my throat is bleeding. Classic

I was going to include this as I also believe it set a world record for crowd noise

Elemas

Reaction score
Seahawks vs Lions…2019. Flawless game by the Hawks. It was the first game I took my son to. If you recall Dickson faking the punt and running it from the end zone for a first…it was that game. As you can imagine, the already salty Detroit fans were obnoxious.

As the game ended, Seahawks fans started to gather on the Hawks side and chanted “Seaaaaahaaaaawwks”. We got pretty close to the bench and joined the chorus.

Frank Clark, my sons favorite player at the time, turns around and looks directly at my boy and throws his hands in the air while shouting “Seeeaaahaaaawks”.

If expressions turned to gold, we’d be billionaires because my son was grinning ear to ear.

I’ll cherish that forever.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Elemas":10souwl3 said:
Seahawks vs Lions…2019. Flawless game by the Hawks. It was the first game I took my son to. If you recall Dickson faking the punt and running it from the end zone for a first…it was that game. As you can imagine, the already salty Detroit fans were obnoxious.

As the game ended, Seahawks fans started to gather on the Hawks side and chanted “Seaaaaahaaaaawwks”. We got pretty close to the bench and joined the chorus.

Frank Clark, my sons favorite player at the time, turns around and looks directly at my boy and throws his hands in the air while shouting “Seeeaaahaaaawks”.

If expressions turned to gold, we’d be billionaires because my son was grinning ear to ear.

That was 2018. Clark was traded to the Chiefs before the 2019 draft.

Elemas

Reaction score
Maulbert":2mizmtyb said:
Elemas":2mizmtyb said:

That was 2018. Clark was traded to the Chiefs before the 2019 draft.

You’re right. Thx for the catch.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2uz0qcnq said:
Oh and how could I forget this one?

Steve Largent gets payback on Mike Harden. This is legendary

[youtube]EYDBu2jLbuw[/youtube]

It still gives me chills and lives in my signature. Glorious ending for #80.

evergreen

Reaction score
I have a few that are not on the glorious side. More of a what could've been thing.

How about 1986 when we beat both Denver and NY and won 5 straight to go from 5-6 to 10-6 but didn't make the payoffs?

Or maybe worse, losing Warren Moon to Houston in 1984? Uhggg....

Own The West

Reaction score
My first Seahawks game was in '76. Me and my dad sat up in the 300 level of the Kingdome -- which I would learn later had the worst seats in MLB at over 600 feet from home plate. The players were about 1/2" tall and I was a little kid, so to me the game looked like one of those vibrating table toy football games. I had no idea where the ball was, and after everyone fell down I'd ask my dad, "What happened?" After a quarter or so, he kind of just tuned me out.

Now I look back and realize going to the game was a pretty big deal, and I was ruining it for him.

I don't know if it was a 'best' moment, but it certainly gets better as I grow older. :lol:

Reaction score
Seahawks vs Panthers 2016. The very first (and probably last) game my Dad and I went to, just me and him. Made the 8 hour drive to Seattle on Saturday, and took in the game Sunday night where Seattle molly-whopped the Panthers 40-7, then drove the 8 hours back home the next day. Only downer to that game was Earl and Kam colliding and Earl breaking his leg.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
My Seahawk moments go back to the Dallas game in 1976 to the Romo fumble game to the Green Bay NFCCG a few years ago... plus many many more wonderful years of loving this team.

I have a unique Seahawk moment, however, that my daughter made happen. A few years ago, she told me that she entered me into Russell Wilson's, "good man challenge." She wrote an essay about some of the work I had done in the inner cities, with homeless youth, and with victims of trafficking. I thought it was so sweet, and we forgot about it. Four months later, she called me, all excited, that we were in the finals.

Long story short, we won, and they flew me and my two kids to Seattle to meet Russell and get some prizes. They made professional recordings and put them on their websites. Russell even did one of his selfie videos and posted it.

For a lifelong fan, this experience with my kids is a big one!

31301934_10213284413957139_3693704056749948928_n.jpg

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That's a great story and post Rasta! Congratulations man!!

That is an incredible moment.

Good job on all your hard work and good deeds in the community. Thank you for all that you've done. What a well deserved gift. Very inspiring

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Jerhawk":34nrsj2z said:
That's a great story and post Rasta! Congratulations man!!

That is an incredible moment.

Good job on all your hard work and good deeds in the community. Thank you for all that you've done. What a well deserved gift. Very inspiring

Thanks Jerhawk. It was pretty humbling, to be honest. I read a bunch of the essays people wrote about family and friends, and kept saying, "oh man... he should have won." :)

Nevertheless, it was a great experience to meet Wilson with my kids. An interesting side note... he was kind of all business for part of it, like, had a lot going on and they were behind schedule. But when I mentioned his work at the Children's hospitals, you could see his heart, how he slowed down, and you could even sense the pain. It must be difficult to go there and see these young kids sick and dying.

Props to him and all the athletes who give to their communities. :229031_cheers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I have a few:

Being on the home team sideline when the Hawks won The NFC-Championship in 2005. Drinking in the reality the team would be going to the Super Bowl and deserved to do so was special. I even have some pieces of confetti left from that wonderful moment. I recall saying to my wife "enjoy this special moment, it is rare and may not happen again for quite a while". Yet that moment did happen again in 2013 and 2014 which were less moving but perhaps even more deserved as those years' teams were special and not as one sided.

The "Beast Mode" run that clinched the playoff game against the Saints. The whole stadium was rocking and got louder and louder, and louder as he continued breaking tackles until he went across the goal line backwards. I know I was jumping up and down and losing my mind, with no voice left once again. the stadium did shake noticeably. Best part is the finish happened before us on our side of the field. Had to drive North to get home after the game so no libations were consumed, but the thought of that run still amazes me.

'The Tip' not only happened in the end zone right in front of us it propelled an excited crowd moment as we all left the stadium and began walking north towards downtown and our hotel. Approximately 2500 people were all walking in the same direction and the excitement was palpable and loud the crowd just stayed together until we left it as we got to our hotel. It was a true happy fan experience that only got better when we got the email saying we had been selected for Super Bowl tickets. :2thumbs: Libations were definitely consumed.

Being a 'lifer' since the first season of the team each one of the Championship wins were special and the XLVIII WIN absolute cream. Very many libations were consumed.

We have had the great good fortune to be part of a special tailgating crew now the 'Beast Bus' but back then 'Hawk One' and went to the SB in Dallas/Ft. Worth for The Bing National Tailgating Championships as Seahawks Representatives after winning in Seattle in tough elimination. We raised the 12 flag at the National Championships and despite serving up a great fare to the Judges we got just aced out by the team from Houston with their yard locomotive incredible BBQ machine and crisp white table cloth in -12 degree weather conditions that challenged us all getting food to cook as desired outside. we got told we were second and should have served Starbucks coffee for the W. We had a ice shot waterfall instead. It was colder that day in Ft Worth than it was in Green Bay the coffee with a nudge might have been better. One of our ladies actually got mild frostbite of her feet. Many libations were consumed.

In all for me there have been a lot of special times with friends, new friends, and fellow .Net members, and a few players and ex-players, and player's family members that have happened because I am a Seahawks fan for life.

GO HAWKS!!!