What to do during the draft ?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":19tvwu0w said:
If we're talking about trading players, I'd like to see them trade Jarran Reed, honestly.

His sacks inflate his value. His play between the sacks is quite pedestrian. His stupid contract tanks his value a bit, but if they can't find a trade suitor... paycut or gone.

This is one of my shittier takes.

toffee

Reaction score
We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":18gz8oym said:
We shall have more than one first round picks from Russell Wilson trade, and we shall also have cap space for FAs. We shall have a very busy and active off season. Totally looking forward to it.

Unless they are young guys you try and grab as many picks as you can and build a core, trying to fill it with proven Vets will just retard the growth of your young guys. After you have a core you peace meal the guys to fill things out.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":39c3w8wt said:
toffee":39c3w8wt said:

Unless they are young guys you try and grab as many picks as you can and build a core, trying to fill it with proven Vets will just retard the growth of your young guys. After you have a core you peace meal the guys to fill things out.
I for one is all for going young,

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Pray.

And keep your expectations extremely low.

And then pray some more that Jody Allen at some point, sooner than later, will make big organizational front office moves.

And then keep praying for hope for a better Seattle Seahawks organization.

chris98251

Reaction score
In reference to the topic title.

Get Beer or a bottle of hard stuff, order take out, watch everyone else get better.

Fade

Reaction score
If regime changes are not made, and it's a Re-pete. I will be drinking heavily draft weekend.

Do note, I am not really a drinker. I've only had 2 beers in the last 5 years, I am very health conscious. I will be getting sloshed. It has gotten that bad.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
toffee":2evn8h1u said:

Deshaun Watson is getting traded this offseason and he is younger. Not sure what the trade market will look like. Unreal that this has been botched by trading for Jamal and now we are talking about trading Russ.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
LTH":23mf1i5a said:
Flyingsquad23":23mf1i5a said:
You justify the trade by getting a deal done with your All Pro safety. Good chance they trade the 2nd for other picks. This year there will be a gold mine of undrafted talent.

I've been thinking about this for a long time... part of the problem of being so good for so long is that the Hawks have been picking always at 25 or lower...to stay competitive they have to take chances in the draft with guys like Taylor and even Metcalf who had the neck injury... that's a hard way to live as sometimes they pan out sometimes they don't..

The Rams and the Niners have years where they pick a bit higher in the draft (those teams draft really well anyway). so what ends up happening is the Hawks have to depend on FA and then it gets weird because they can pick up some deals but usually don't have the cap space to keep these guys around or they just don't pan out...

Basically what happens is they are in the hole now and are depending on JS to work a miracle draft...part of the problem is a team needs continuity to be good and it's hard to make that happen when they are blowing up the team and filling with FA they can't afford to keep...they need those first contracts and they need some higher picks to get impact players like Aaron Donald...

Yes there are going to be some really good UDFA but everybody else is going to be competing for those guys as well...let's hope that the Seahawk culture pulls some of those guys in...

To compete with the NFC west they need to be more aggressive up front IMO... I would load up on O line and D line and become the biggest and baddest in the trenches they can possibly be...Wilson can NOT keep taking the punishment he has been taking...

I'm unsure what JS will do but to remain competitive he needs to be really good ... He will earn his pay check this year IMO...we need a miracle draft this year...

LTH

What is the secret with the pats and Packers then ? They have drafted late forever and are heads and shoulders better right now .

K

K.J WRIGHT

chris98251":ljivq0a6 said:
In reference to the topic title.

Get Beer or a bottle of hard stuff, order take out, watch everyone else get better.

HAHAHA..That's funny AF. :)

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2ugpms50 said:
Maelstrom787":2ugpms50 said:
If we're talking about trading players, I'd like to see them trade Jarran Reed, honestly.

His sacks inflate his value. His play between the sacks is quite pedestrian. His stupid contract tanks his value a bit, but if they can't find a trade suitor... paycut or gone.

This is one of my $h!t takes.
In a thread of almost entirely sh:t takes… this was very minor fyi