Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cap space/contract gurus !!!!!

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Cap space/contract gurus !!!!!
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:25 pm
  • Doesn't have ten sacks so must be a bust, need the damn sacks to be worth while, pressures and hurries mean nothing, need the damn sack. Has to be one of the biggest bust F.A signings ever with not enough sacks.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Doesn't have ten sacks so must be a bust, need the damn sacks to be worth while, pressures and hurries mean nothing, need the damn sack. Has to be one of the biggest bust F.A signings ever with not enough sacks.

I blame Fantasy Football. Unless it leads to individual stats, it doesn't matter, apparently. :34853_doh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 pm
  • Pass rushing DE's are like QB's. Not a tree with low hanging fruit available. If you can pick it, DO IT.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:25 pm
  • Subzero717 wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:On the other hand those things arent happening. Ints, sacks etc. We had a multiple game stretch with no sacks.

Pressures, QB hits, FF, INTs are happening.

5-6 INTs over that stretch of Week 3-9

2 FF and 2 Def TD by Clowney as well.

The guy is causing lots of problems for opposing defenses every week. Pretty much the only guy that other teams have to game plan around.

We are a bottom tier defense. 28th vs the pass. Bottom end in virtually every category. Now thats not all his fault yet when sonething good hapoens its not all because of him either.

Just keep moving those goalposts.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:58 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Again, there is a LOT more to the position than the amount of sacks. If people only go by sacks, they're going to be complaining about Clowney his entire career. You pay for how disruptive the guy, and he's one of the most disruptive players in the entire league, period.

Quoted for truth.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:04 pm
  • HawkStrong wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:On the other hand those things arent happening. Ints, sacks etc. We had a multiple game stretch with no sacks.

The guy is causing lots of problems for opposing defenses every week. Pretty much the only guy that other teams have to game plan around.

We are a bottom tier defense. 28th vs the pass. Bottom end in virtually every category. Now thats not all his fault yet when sonething good hapoens its not all because of him either.

Moving goal posts? We are 28th in defense. Thats a fact. We are bottom tier in virtually every defensive category. Thats a fact.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:09 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Doesn't have ten sacks so must be a bust, need the damn sacks to be worth while, pressures and hurries mean nothing, need the damn sack. Has to be one of the biggest bust F.A signings ever with not enough sacks.

I blame Fantasy Football. Unless it leads to individual stats, it doesn't matter, apparently. :34853_doh:

Fantasty football and such is literally the only reason there are made up stats like pressures and hurries. They have no tangible impact. I mentioned it in another thread but Derek Carr has a passer rating of 109 when under pressure. Im guessing but his passer rating is probably lower when he gets sacked. :sarcasm_on:
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:04 pm
  • Subzero717 wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:
    Subzero717 wrote:
    HawkStrong wrote:

Moving goal posts? We are 28th in defense. Thats a fact. We are bottom tier in virtually every defensive category. Thats a fact.

You said that we weren't getting INTs, sacks, etc. I showed that we were getting INTs, fumbles, and TDs. You then came back with the defense is 28th in the league. Those aren't the same thing. Clowney can have impact and the defense can still not be very good overall, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Now I will grant you that we haven't been good on defense, but tying that to Clowney's value isn't accurate. Clowney has been a force, easily the best defender on the field in a lot of games. At the same time, very few players are good enough to elevate teammates like Ansah.

Also, just for your edification: I looked it up, we had two games in a row without sacks (CLE, LAR). The only other game without recording a sack was against NO. They haven't been great obviously, but at least be honest about what they have done.
    HawkStrong
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:10 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:When we get to the off-season we will have plenty of cap room either by what we have now, or what cuts we make at that time by JS and PC. I don't know why people are worried about this round now.

Personally , I don't give a damn about anything to do with cap space or FA signings right now, but do care a lot about this season. We are in a race to not only get the division crown, but possibly a first round bye and even HFA for the playoffs. Why is this subject even being discussed right now?

Forget about this nonsense and focus on the season right now. That is where all your attention should be. Please!

I totally agree but you know this place..There are some who worry about next season
    even if were playing in the SB lol.
    There are others who can't stop harping on the past no matter what.
    You should know you are not going to convert any of them just saying.

Yep, should have stayed out of this thread.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Previous

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information