Any chance "Snacks" plays the Ol' Red Bryant DE position

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Just a curiosity question, feel like it'd be something I'd atleast tyout given the opportunity. Whatcha all feeling?

KinesProf

Reaction score
City Of Reign":32eiw5kt said:
Just a curiosity question, feel like it'd be something I'd atleast tyout given the opportunity. Whatcha all feeling?

No. If you're somewhat new to watching football I understand why you might think that would be a possibility, so a good question.

Jarran Reed has been getting some snaps as a big end this season. The Hawks have been using some 3-0-3 and 4i-0-4i fronts. Harrison will play Nose Tackle , and some 3 tech

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Harrison's WAY too big to be a five technique DE.

He's a plug and disruptor for the middle on 1st and 2nd down, plain and simple. But he does now allow more freedom for guys like Reed and Collier to move around the line situationally. Especially Reed.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
OP had a harmless query. Some people came in with helpful hints.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I feel like they've moved past that scheme. It was unique to Red.

Fade

Reaction score
LJ Collier plays that spot, and plays it well, so no.

Harrison is a NT, or he can play at the 3T when paired with Poona to give J.Reed a blow.

Red was moved to 5T because despite his big size he couldn't play with leverage inside and was getting moved off the ball. So Pete kicked him out to end to help him out. That was a unique situation, not a prototype.

If they suffer some injuries, maybe? But not because that's the plan.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Wherever Snacks plays on the line I hope he can recapture that All Pro form. One thing I feel confident about is being able to keep our high billing as a run stuffing defense, and when we get all our guys back we might also elevate our standing in limiting those passing yards and points. Better balance for the D works a lot like run and pass does for offense. Make em EARN everything instead of just giving them something.
I like aggressive attacking zones in basketball, but much prefer man in football.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Appyhawk":37jedkc5 said:
Wherever Snacks plays on the line I hope he can recapture that All Pro form. One thing I feel confident about is being able to keep our high billing as a run stuffing defense, and when we get all our guys back we might also elevate our standing in limiting those passing yards and points. Better balance for the D works a lot like run and pass does for offense. Make em EARN everything instead of just giving them something.
I like aggressive attacking zones in basketball, but much prefer man in football.

I think it's a lot to ask for the All Pro form part, my guess is Pete would just be happy with 75% of that form having Harrison fit into the 1st and 2nd down rotation, being an effective run stuffer and pocket collapser............and importantly alleviating those snaps from Ford and Reed, who have been overworked so far this season.

misfit

Reaction score
too big, and not athletic enough

that scheme is gone, and was a dan quinn wrinkle

RCATES

Reaction score
Reed has been pretty bad since getting paid. I’d say move him outside and put Poona Snacks in the middle.

Latest posts