Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rain Shmain?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13

Do You Think Russ Still Cooks In The Rain Tonight?

Absolutely. Maybe not 5 TDs but he will still be cookin' for sure.
45%
I'm not sure. I too get nervous thinking about the rain conditions in regards to cookin'.
14%
No. Not conducive for cookin' weather. Lots of Chris Carson and the running game tonight.
40%

Total votes : 42

Rain Shmain?
Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:30 am
  • Tonight, it will be rain. A pretty good soggy system is moving in and expected to stick around all day and evening. My confidence level takes a dip when it comes to Russ and the rain. However, he's on a historic pace and MVP campaign this season. Perhaps this year, Russ won't let the rain (and winds?) have as much an affect on him as it has in year's past? I've always felt that rain is Russ' kryptonite, but maybe this year is a different beast altogether. What's your level of confidence in Russ being able to cook tonight in these conditions?
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Re: Rain Shmain?
Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:20 pm
  • I think we should still give Russ the ball and trust him, even though it may not look as pretty as the 4 games prior. I’m more worried about Carroll reverting to his philosophy and trying to win the game in the 4th quarter. I’m guessing/expecting a very tight, close game because of this. I also don’t think the Vikings are as bad as they’ve looked so far this year.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:20 pm
  • If ever there was a time for Russ to quiet the doubters, it's tonight. At home in Prime Time against the hated ViQueens.

I'd don't expect him to light it up, but I don't think does poorly either. 230 yards and a TD and another 30 yds on the ground. I expect him to come in and play it safe due to the poor weather. I can see him throwing a pick tonight, but ultimately coming back to lead the team to victory in a close game. And in the end all that matters is the "W". Go Hawks!
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:24 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:If ever there was a time for Russ to quiet the doubters, it's tonight. At home in Prime Time against the hated ViQueens.

I'd don't expect him to light it up, but I don't think does poorly either. 230 yards and a TD and another 30 yds on the ground. I expect him to come in and play it safe due to the poor weather. I can see him throwing a pick tonight, but ultimately coming back to lead the team to victory in a close game. And in the end all that matters is the "W". Go Hawks!

If he plays like he did last week we’re in trouble. Let’s be honest Russ is not good in the rain. Crazy since he plays in Seattle. I’m not at all confident in winning tonight with this forecast. Who knows maybe Russ goes off. Or he could kill his MVP bid.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:35 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:If ever there was a time for Russ to quiet the doubters, it's tonight. At home in Prime Time against the hated ViQueens.

If he plays like he did last week we’re in trouble. Let’s be honest Russ is not good in the rain. Crazy since he plays in Seattle. I’m not at all confident in winning tonight with this forecast. Who knows maybe Russ goes off. Or he could kill his MVP bid.

Russ may struggle tonight, who knows, but to say he didn’t play well last week is silly. He was like 25-34 for 350+ yards and had multiple big chunk yards dropped by his receivers. He made one bad pass in the end zone that got picked.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:42 pm
  • Say what you want about Russ and the rain...
    He's 10X the QB that Cousins is!
    Cousins turns the ball over a lot... Even when it isn't raining! 6 picks this year so far.
    They both have to play in these conditions, I think Russ will prevail.
    Go Hawks!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:02 pm
  • Wartooth wrote:Say what you want about Russ and the rain...
    Cousins turns the ball over a lot... Even when it isn't raining! 6 picks this year so far.
    Go Hawks!

My take as well..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:44 pm
  • He'll be fine. The whole "can't play in the rain" thing is a bit over blown. :mrgreen:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm
  • Wartooth wrote:Say what you want about Russ and the rain...
    Go Hawks!

Yes, Russ is 10X the QB, but unfortunately our defense makes QBs look 10X better than they actually are.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:36 pm
  • Not so worried by the rain but the damn wind is blowing like crazy...I'm 120 miles south of Seattle so hopefully it's not as bad up there as it is here..?? If it is... I think we'll see short passes and a whole lot of #32...
    slateman77
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:48 pm
  • slateman77 wrote:Not so worried by the rain but the damn wind is blowing like crazy...I'm 120 miles south of Seattle so hopefully it's not as bad up there as it is here..?? If it is... I think we'll see short passes and a whole lot of #32...

I'm in Kent (15 miles south of CLink) and my forecast is showing 10-15 mph. Not too bad, I would think.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:57 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    slateman77 wrote:Not so worried by the rain but the damn wind is blowing like crazy...I'm 120 miles south of Seattle so hopefully it's not as bad up there as it is here..?? If it is... I think we'll see short passes and a whole lot of #32...

I'm in Kent (15 miles south of CLink) and my forecast is showing 10-15 mph. Not too bad, I would think.

That's good news..!! Thanks for the update. Been to numerous game at CLink but almost always had great weather ( Mid September ) so I don't know how the wind swirls inside the stadium. Still doubt we'll see many long balls thrown.
    slateman77
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Wartooth wrote:Say what you want about Russ and the rain...
    Go Hawks!

Yes, Russ is 10X the QB, but unfortunately our defense makes QBs look 10X better than they actually are.

So does the Vikings' D :179422:
    TypeSly
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:35 pm
  • The guy I am worried about is Metcalf.

He is a dangerous weapon that is hard to shut down but the rain can certainly shut him down.

A number of his drops happened when it was wet and raining. And he had some problems holding onto a wet ball last year. A lot of his 'problem' with drops seemed to stem from that.

So this rain is concerning.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:35 pm
  • From Accuweather.com:

Seattle, WA:

Day: Rain; breezy this afternoon. Wind: S 9 mph, Wind Gusts: 21 mph

Night: Mostly cloudy; windy with a bit of rain. Wind: SW 20 mph, Wind Gusts: 31 mph

They don't define which specific hours represent their "Day" or "Night" data but either way, it's gonna be wet and fairly windy. And yes, the winds swirl in the stadium and can have an affect on throwing and FG attempts. If Russ ends up with average stats (235yds pass, 2 TDs, 1 Int) with the win I will take it. Might not be able to separate himself from the front of the pack in leading the MVP conversation much tonight, unless of course he has some terrific MVP plays.

Steve, love ya bro, but I do not agree that the rain and Russ is an overblown phenomenon. I will be happy as a clam to prove me wrong tonight!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:05 pm
  • According to Yahoo data, Russ has played in 10 rainy games. Compared to his best weather type (61F-80F), Russ's YPA decreases by 7%, Completion% by 12%, QB Rating by 13%, Passing Yards by 1%, and Passing TDs by 6% in the rain.

Of course, most QBs show a significant drop-off in the rain as seen in the following chart.

Russ has historically been below average in the rain, with twice the accuracy drop-off that the average QB experiences but only a minor decrease in yardage overall. Of course 10 games is not a very large sample size and so a good showing tonight could improve those numbers significantly.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:46 pm
  • hedgehawk wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    nwHawk wrote:If ever there was a time for Russ to quiet the doubters, it's tonight. At home in Prime Time against the hated ViQueens.

Russ may struggle tonight, who knows, but to say he didn’t play well last week is silly. He was like 25-34 for 350+ yards and had multiple big chunk yards dropped by his receivers. He made one bad pass in the end zone that got picked.

I missed the part where I said he didn’t play well. I said if he has a similar game this week we’re in trouble.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:57 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

I missed the part where I said he didn’t play well. I said if he has a similar game this week we’re in trouble.

Well, if you weren't implying that he didn't play well... then I missed the point of your whole post.
    TypeSly
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:06 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    hedgehawk wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

Well, if you weren't implying that he didn't play well... then I missed the point of your whole post.

Apparently you did because 90% of my post was speaking on Russ tonight in the rain.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Re: Rain Shmain?l
Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:08 pm
  • slateman77 wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    slateman77 wrote:Not so worried by the rain but the damn wind is blowing like crazy...I'm 120 miles south of Seattle so hopefully it's not as bad up there as it is here..?? If it is... I think we'll see short passes and a whole lot of #32...

That's good news..!! Thanks for the update. Been to numerous game at CLink but almost always had great weather ( Mid September ) so I don't know how the wind swirls inside the stadium. Still doubt we'll see many long balls thrown.

I’m in Kent as well and sorry for the bad news but it’s raining sideways and heavy. Not good at all. It’s always much worse wind wise at the stadium because it down by the water.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:41 am
  • Well I am not sure if I stand corrected. He had decent stats (3TDs, 1INT) but if you watched the entire game you could clearly see he wasn’t his confident self. But it really doesn’t matter does it? He won the game on his arm in the rain. I still think my point stands that rain can neutralize Russ to a degree but it doesn’t stop him. Clearly.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 am
  • Yep, and for some reason, many act like it's just Russ who may struggle AT TIMES in the rain. And?
    If you couldn't see what the rain and wind was doing, not sure you were paying attention.
    It absolutely impacted a couple throws on that last drive.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:34 pm
  • He through more then a couple low and into the ground, grip and aiming with a slick ball, or he would loft them a bit more I call it using a palming action so the ball doesn't slip but it doesn't rotate as fast either.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information