Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Gordon

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Seattle : Island of misfit toys ?
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:55 am
  • The Seattle Seahawks has always had the feeling of being the beloved undog by all Americans that has had no true recognition of any true greatness to them. When we drafted Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner the talking heads thought it was the worst draft ever. How many offensive holding calls has our opponent had called on them ?

Josh Gordon not being reinstated. I believe the commissioner himself is not going to release Gordon this year because of how great us Island of misfit toys could be come.

Here to you Rogar Goodell :moon.:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Josh Gordon
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm
  • is he ever going to get reinstated?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Josh Gordon
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:47 pm
  • Roger doesn't want us to be that dangerous on offense.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:00 pm
  • Goddel is waiting for a cure for covid first.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:30 pm
  • Beginning to wonder which is more difficult, a cure for covid or a cure for Goddel.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 pm
  • DE- David Irving formerly of the Cowboys just had his drug suspension lifted, perhaps we may hear soon about Gordon.

Perhaps Irving could be a player of interest?
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:34 pm
  • My guess after mid season.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:08 pm
  • IMO The Hawks have a nice WR locker room as it stands now .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 pm
  • It would be nice to have him when we hit the next stretch of the schedule. We are going to need all possible options for Russ to get rid of the ball when we face Donald, and in case someone goes down.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:42 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:It would be nice to have him when we hit the next stretch of the schedule. We are going to need all possible options for Russ to get rid of the ball when we face Donald, and in case someone goes down.

Russ may have to switch out of MVP mode momentarily and play Charlie Check Down against Donald.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:48 pm
  • GOD-Ell.... "Yeah, I'm going to screw with Josh Gordon's life........Because I can"
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:01 pm
  • Moore, Gordon, Lockett, Metcalf...Swain, Umm.. there's a couple of first downs and a few TD's on any given play in that group. I'm for Gordon.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:26 pm
  • David Irving, a Cowboy that was on indefinite suspension was just reinstated. He's a free agent. So maybe Josh comes back soon?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:16 pm
  • The fact that the Hawks not only went ahead and re-signed Gordon but (more tellingly) that Pete Carroll has been saying that they can't (implying that they're not allowed to) speak about his reinstatement status or the situation in general now is a pretty clear indicator that the league has already provided an expected reinstatement date and that its just a matter of getting to that point without any missteps by Gordon until then. My guess would be after game 6 (earliest) to 8 (latest).
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am
  • What the heck is the holdup??? Come on GODdell. He's already missed all 5 games. Reinstate the guy.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 am
  • Plus the games missed last year as well.

At some point the purpose of the suspension becomes self defeating if it is solely to help the player with substance abuse. Gordon’s suspension have most been for marihuana, which was formerly forbidden but now is not. The argument for a lengthy suspension based upon former marihuana suspensions of increasing length loses credence when other are now not being suspended for it.

We here likely don’t know the whole story but he’s now served 10 games and should be allowed to return. He has to know though he’s getting close to his last chance
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:23 am
  • And what about Phil Dorsett? How do all these pieces fit together. If Phil Dorsett is coming back next week do they inactivate Swain? So many riches it might be an issue.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:58 am
  • HawkerD wrote:And what about Phil Dorsett? How do all these pieces fit together. If Phil Dorsett is coming back next week do they inactivate Swain? So many riches it might be an issue.

Dorsett is eligible to return after missing the three weeks but i don't believe the team is forced to elevate him. They could keep him on IR.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:21 pm
  • Gordon has nobody to blame but himself. Hope he makes it back but also hope we don't rely on him for anything.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 pm
  • getnasty wrote:Gordon has nobody to blame but himself. Hope he makes it back but also hope we don't rely on him for anything.

Right now he’s just a bonus.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 am

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:34 am
  • Honestly I'm surprised that Gordon isn't back yet.

When we signed him before the season started, I just assumed Pete and John had some communication with the league office that Gordon's suspension would be lifted relatively soon after the season started.

Why else sign the guy? So Idk, it's a head scratcher for me. Not that he's still suspended, but that we spent cap space on a guy that's suspended and we didn't know for how long.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:29 pm
  • HagFaithful wrote:Antonio Brown is eligible in 2 weeks.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-br ... 25012.html

Josh Gordon should be declared eligible before Brown, IMHO.

Brown was given a defined suspension of the first 8 weeks of the season. That's the difference.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:58 pm
  • xray wrote:IMO The Hawks have a nice WR locker room as it stands now .

I agree xray. BUT...
    I see Gordon as a unique talent. Lockett is a unique talent. DK is a unique talent. Gordon has proven he is all those things, but he has to prove he can stay clean. If he can do that he is one of our top 3.
    AB definitely has the skills but I don't give him any consideration for team reasons.
    Dorsett is uniquely fast. I have grown to really like Moore. He'd be a lot better if he was more consistent. He's good but not outstanding. Dorsett could be great is he could stay healthy and prove he can run his routes and catch the ball.
    AB definitely has the skills but I don't give him any consideration for team reasons.

Basis, I thought Gordon's suspension was for 8 games beginning following our 9er game last year? Or was it indefinite?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:13 pm
  • My guess for the signing is they didn’t want a division rival to sign him hoping for reinstatement. I would’ve hated to see him sign with the 9er’s. May be irrelevant.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:37 am
  • I don't think we've ever heard he's a problem in the locker room at all. If anything, he's a team guy. His issues are way beyond football. Really would love to see him on the roster, he makes the team better. It really does feel like this would be his last chance. Seems like a good guy, and he's a hell of a player. Clearly there's more to it at this point.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:57 am
  • Hearing Josh isn't doing everything necessary to be re-instated. Basically not jumping through all the League's hoops. He's now missed 8 regular season games. To add another twist Josh deleted his twitter account this morning. Something he's used quite often to inform fans on his situation.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:14 am
  • "To add another twist Josh deleted his twitter account this morning. Something he's used quite often to inform fans on his situation."

I gotta admit that sounds a little worrisome.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:05 am
  • Perhaps deleting his Twitter is one of the hoops the league is requiring him to jump through, or even more likely something his agent is recommending he do to preserve whatever standing he has left with the NFL
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:39 pm
  • I believe its because of what Pete and John has built here in Seattle, imagine this... Russell Wilson passing the ball to Josh Gordon or D.K. Metcalf or Lockett. A fairly good Oline and Chris Carson. Who could stop them in a superbowl... Nobody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Complete conspiracy by Rogar GODell to keep his league competitive on his watch.

Show us Rogar that you are a fair and decent commissioner,

PLEASE RELEASE JOSH GORDON NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating:
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:28 am
  • It is weird that Gordon has not been reinstated at this point...Carroll isn't saying ANYTHING other than he doesn't know any more than we do.... which I think is probably untrue... there is a reason why Carroll isn't saying...maybe he doesn't know... but it he did know would he say? IMO probably not... so there ya go!

Any thoughts?

LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 pm

Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:02 am
  • Apples to apples could not approve AB back on the field while excluding Josh Gordon. Comparing infractions Gordon's are like misdemeanors vs AB's lengthy list of felonies. Add to that Gordon's actions to address his problem over the past several months and the entire anti-Gordon stance by the NFL makes no sense at all.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:27 am
  • Agree, the two players are not the same. Brown is a hugely talented psychiatric mess, while Gordon is a multiple repeat offender of the substances of abuse and now the performance enhancing substance rules. Brown is a criminal, and Gordon while clearly talented is an individual with substance abuse problems.

In both cases the waste of their talents can be put solely upon them rather than the league or their team(s) b/c both have been unable through their issues to find stability. You wonder if their respective mental heath situations is truly the underlying cause of their problems, Brown to me seems more disruptive and self focused, but it is clear Gordon has a genuine problem.

Brown has only been suspended once and deservedly so, while Gordon is serving his 5th suspension and can’t stay clean is also deservedly suspended. Given that two of his early suspensions were as reported for weed And a 3rd for alcohol rather than other more serious drugs I think he should be reinstated by being moved up the ladder rather than down the ladder as the weed suspensions (now legal) should be excised from his record or reduced in significance.

I suspect he’ll be suspended 1 year again though this latest suspension should be shorter. For him order in his life is critical and he should be allowed to return to the team to even if he isn’t allowed to play or practice. Maybe he will eventually get it but History is not his friend.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information