Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Uni's with green trim?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:48 am
  • That's what Bobby Wagner want's to see the Seahawks wearing before he retires.
    What say Y'all ?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Black Uni's with green trim?
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:52 am
  • Intriguing. It would depend on the design but I kinda dig the idea.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 am
  • Please, no black uniforms. Got sick of those watching college football where practically every team has a black alternate jersey they wear way too often. Wear your team colors.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:48 am
  • As a one-time-only alternate, sure. Otherwise, NO.
    NorthDallas40oz
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 am
  • And resemble the Jets?...I am not sure.
    HawkEye
    NET Starter

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am
  • I think a one time blackout game at the Clink for Sunday Night Football would be cool! Get the crowd to wear all black as well.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:24 pm
  • I like our results in the neon green! I like any of our jerseys that have the defending SB Champ patch on it. Or will have...
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 pm
  • Yeah, maybe lime green spatter.. look like predator.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:17 pm
  • A matte black uniform is my dream uniform. San Fran color rush jerseys are incredible.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:28 pm
  • No, no, no, and no. Every team that wears black which doesn't have black as a primary color are trying too hard.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:35 pm
  • I'd rather have black with neon green trim than those barf green unis any day.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 pm
  • Black for black's sake is just heinous.

It isn't part of the color scheme and would make no more sense than a red or pink jersey would.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Black for black's sake is just heinous.

It isn't part of the color scheme and would make no more sense than a red or pink jersey would.

:ditto: Yeah, what he said. :229031_shrug:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:42 pm
  • That lime green really isn't either
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:17 pm
  • It is Bobby Effing Wagner.

What Bobby wants, he should get.
    (At least one game, if it is that important to him.)

He has done enough for this team to warrant it.

If he wanted them to dress in purple uniforms with dinosaurs on it for one game, they should. Certainly black with neon green is not everyone's preference but it is his.

I would buy it just for that, but only if it was a uniform color that was actually worn in a game.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Please, no black uniforms. Got sick of those watching college football where practically every team has a black alternate jersey they wear way too often. Wear your team colors.

Black unis have become cliche, but if Bobby wants them......
    TreeRon
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:28 pm
  • How is no one in on matte or flat black uni’s? You guys are worse than the crew in the shack.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:43 pm
  • Why not? I like the year by year variation and versions that NBA teams have. Though of course it is easier to have multiple looks in an 82 game schedule.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 pm
  • There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:23 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Please, no black uniforms. Got sick of those watching college football where practically every team has a black alternate jersey they wear way too often. Wear your team colors.

+1
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:21 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:How is no one in on matte or flat black uni’s? You guys are worse than the crew in the shack.

Because they come across like a desperate attempt to look cool.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:48 pm
  • Would like to see the modern throwbacks first.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am
  • Aros wrote:There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!

Gotta disagree. For me, uniforms should represent the teams colors, logos, and history/vision. Black strips all of that away.

Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:49 am
  • I could see them being a tribute to everyone we have lost as a mourning statement after Covid 19 has been declared beaten.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:20 am
  • Black Uniforms Matter?

Why not, it’s trendy.

Edit:sarcasm

I don’t care for the idea personally.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 am
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Aros wrote:There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!

Gotta disagree. For me, uniforms should represent the teams colors, logos, and history/vision. Black strips all of that away.

Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:11 pm
  • Is there anyone with the skills to photoshop Bobby in his dream Uni?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm
  • There seem to be a number of folks who consider themselves serious fans of the game of football commenting on this thread. I'm curious — what effect might a team's uniform(s) have on its success in a given game or season? And how so?

Along the same lines, do the Hawks' uniform choices impact your personal life? If so, how?
    Somos doces
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

So in other words you are saying your opinion is wrong. Got it.

:P ;)
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:21 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

Thats good news! Keep holding off of that color scheme for the next 3-5 years.If BW skills start to tail off? bring it out and give him the colors he asked for :D
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:27 pm
  • If they do it they need to ditch the silver numbers and just have the numbers also black, simply outlined in green.
    potatohead33
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:45 pm
  • Razer electronics uses black with neon green trim as their main color scheme and I want to say it appeals to a lot of people (including myself). So I'm ALL FOR IT.

Honestly any time you go black primary with a neon color accent it's pretty much Tron which always looks sleek.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:51 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Aros wrote:There sure are a lot of old ladies on this thread. Jeezuz, if done right, a black (or flat/matte to Austin's point) uniform with green trim could be SICK. Expand your minds you old coots (and I'm speaking as a 51-year-old lifetime fan for pete's sake)!

Yes, the 49ers' black uniforms are awful, but at least they have black trim in their logo. The Seahawks have none and black uniforms would make zero sense. Please no.

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:No, no, no, and no. Every team that wears black which doesn't have black as a primary color are trying too hard.

Sometimes I hate that our jerseys are navy blue...because living in the PNW we wear blue jeans like 10 months out of the year and combined with the home navy blue jersey I feel like a walking blueberry.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:02 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Really...the black/red Niner uniform is lame? as much as I dislike the Niners (as any Seahawk fan would), black and red has always been a very "cool" popular color combo and thus not..."lame". Jordans are probably the best selling shoe in history and of them the "bred" is one of the most popular ever...which stands for black and red. Alternate jerseys are not designed for history...they are designed to be "cool". Sometimes history/throw backs are that, but just fun color combos suit just well and for sure will sell well...which honestly it's about jersey sales more than history. Is something cool looking going to sell more jerseys? or a throwback? Depends on your team.

Yep, that's my opinion. I have no clue why you're bringing up Jordans. Of course they're black and red...those are the primary colors of the Bulls. My dislike for the 49er uniforms has nothing to do with the black and red color combo, nor does it have nothing to do with the 49ers themselves (I really like their current uniforms).
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:49 pm
  • Beauty, indeed, is in the eye of the beholder. I am fairly certain I could spend many hours of design time coming up with a hypothetical "Black Out" uniform for the Seahawks that many would like. Not all, because NO design exists on this planet that 100% agree on. It's the beauty of being individuals with our own tastes.

I LOVE the royal blue and silver helmets and pants of yesteryear. I LOVE our current uniforms, which I still think are in the top 3 of best uni's in the league. But an alternate black uni? Yeah man, I can dig it. NOT as a replacement of our current uni's, but to be worn once or twice a season?

Sign me up.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:21 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

God, that's hideous.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Yes, it is super SUPER lame. The Niners cosplaying as the Falcons wasn't cool.

Black and red is an aesthetically pleasing color combination. Sure. It's also completely unoriginal and is actually an established part of the identity of other teams. It's unimaginative tryhardism to just make the uniform black, despite it not being a part of the identity of the team at all - which is exactly why the Niners ditched it real quick, for a good throwback that actually doesn't fly in the face of everything they've ever done.

If black and red is so cool, I mean, why doesn't Seattle do it? How about Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago? Because it doesn't make sense.

The uniform is there to signify a players identity as belonging to a certain club. The goal, therefore, should be for the uniform to be emblematic of the history, vision, and identity of the team.

For what it's worth, I fully believe a well-executed blackout uniform for Seattle would be aesthetically pleasant... for the uniform top only. Monochrome black'd be silly, and with a navy blue helmet? Pure disaster.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:34 pm
  • Aros wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:Sure, it could be aesthetically pleasing from a point of view in which context isn't applied, but for the Seahawks? It'd be even lamer than the 49ers black alternates.

So in other words you are saying your opinion is wrong. Got it.

:P ;)

Eh, I get where you're coming from. I'm a bit of a uniform snob.

For what its worth, if the design energizes the team, I'm all for it. Rather we do that with the throwbacks than a blackout, though.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:25 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:

Black and red is an aesthetically pleasing color combination. Sure. It's also completely unoriginal and is actually an established part of the identity of other teams. It's unimaginative tryhardism to just make the uniform black, despite it not being a part of the identity of the team at all - which is exactly why the Niners ditched it real quick, for a good throwback that actually doesn't fly in the face of everything they've ever done.

If black and red is so cool, I mean, why doesn't Seattle do it? How about Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago? Because it doesn't make sense.

The uniform is there to signify a players identity as belonging to a certain club. The goal, therefore, should be for the uniform to be emblematic of the history, vision, and identity of the team.

For what it's worth, I fully believe a well-executed blackout uniform for Seattle would be aesthetically pleasant... for the uniform top only. Monochrome black'd be silly, and with a navy blue helmet? Pure disaster.

Also, fun fact Whiners fans HATE the black unis. You really think it will be any different for us?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Maelstrom787 wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:

Also, fun fact Whiners fans HATE the black unis. You really think it will be any different for us?

I think it'd be better received by the Seattle fanbase, simply because the team has a non-traditional uniform history. From sleevehawk, to monochrome steel blue, to the current uniform which has grown on people but initially blew minds, this team has much less of a traditionalist uniform history than the Niners.

Not to say it wouldn't be super lame. I still think it would be. I just think Seattle fans would (generally) be more open to accepting the trans. For us, it's lame. For the Niners, it was blasphemous.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:00 am

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:43 am
  • For those who think hideous..how many of you actually go buy alternate jerseys? Than the alternate jersey isn’t for you to begin with. It’s like the half time show at the super bowl it’s for the younger casual football fan who loves what’s trendy...not the diehards obsessed with tradition or 80s rock and roll. Your money is already covered in the NFL they want the other market.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:58 am
  • No.
    ballard1951
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:09 am
  • YES!

I would buy those jerseys in a heartbeat over the current glow stick alts.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am
  • ZagHawk wrote:For those who think hideous..how many of you actually go buy alternate jerseys? Than the alternate jersey isn’t for you to begin with. It’s like the half time show at the super bowl it’s for the younger casual football fan who loves what’s trendy...not the diehards obsessed with tradition or 80s rock and roll. Your money is already covered in the NFL they want the other market.

Seems sort of irrelevant regarding the actual validity of the uniform design and its on field appearance. That's the main factor for me - does it look good on the field, and does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team. Both should be a yes.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    ZagHawk wrote:For those who think hideous..how many of you actually go buy alternate jerseys? Than the alternate jersey isn’t for you to begin with. It’s like the half time show at the super bowl it’s for the younger casual football fan who loves what’s trendy...not the diehards obsessed with tradition or 80s rock and roll. Your money is already covered in the NFL they want the other market.

Seems sort of irrelevant regarding the actual validity of the uniform design and its on field appearance. That's the main factor for me - does it look good on the field, and does it adequately represent the colors, history, and vision of the team. Both should be a yes.

That's untrue, we no longer see the Silver Helmets, the Seahawk decal is NOT the "Actual" design they started with, the colors aren't even the same as the originals.
    Do I like every change?, no, but I was really never a fan of the pencil thin mustache, nor the pin stripe suits with the wide lapels either.
    I don't think there is one teams uni's in the NFL that hasn't gone through some major changes over the last 45 years....NOW, the Steelers Bumble Bee uniforms? LOLOLOLOLOLOL
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information