Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Russ on Bill Simmons

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Russ on Bill Simmons
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:05 am
  • Must see TV!

Listen to and watch what Russell says. He's gonna go down as one of the GOATS and he's OURS!

hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Re: Russ on Bill Simmons
Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:48 am
  • Awesome!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:45 am
  • WOW, that was amazing. Thanks for linking that. I am a very hyper active impatient guy and I never just sit and listen to that long of interview. I loved every minute of it...great stuff.

Also, huge kudos to Bill Simmons for knowing we are tuning in to listen to his guest and not him. So many interviewers feel we need to hear from them constantly but he is willing to just sit and let Russ talk without interruption.....HUGE.

Back to Russ, loved the preparation and process talk as well as his descriptions of events like SB48 coin toss from his perspective. :2thumbs:
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:08 am
  • Yep. Great. I didn't really have the time to do it, but did it anyway. Once you get it started you can't stop. It's too good.
    Russ's 99 spot with DK during his Griff show the other day was the same way,
    Does it get better during a bye week?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:09 pm
  • Russ is now a full fledged superstar/celebrity in the league. Saw him on First Take last week. They were paying hime homage. The Pete Ciscos of the world have gone under a rock when it comes to Russell Wilson. They wanted him to fail so badly so they could say "i told you so." That will not be the case. I am not sure if he gets many more rings as that is tough to accomplish but he will be top a 3 QB for the next 6+ years.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 pm
  • I made the time to listen to this & was not disappointed. A fantastic interview.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Starter

Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:55 pm
  • It really was. If any of you are on the fence devoting time to this, stop it. It's worth the time.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:24 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:Yep. Great. I didn't really have the time to do it, but did it anyway. Once you get it started you can't stop. It's too good.
    Russ's 99 spot with DK during his Griff show the other day was the same way,
    Does it get better during a bye week?

Yes: Rams and Packers lost. :lol:
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:35 am
  • Absolutely awesome interview!

As others have said, if you're waiting to listen to it...stop waiting

Talk about a candid Russ too.
    FPD
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:48 am
  • Has everyone seen Russ Mic'd up on Seahawks Saturday? He is so incredibly fired up, focuses, calm, all of it.
    People call him a Robot, WRONG. Watch it and you will see nothing but a very intense and vocal leader. Was pretty funny hearing him drop F bombs like crazy at the end. He even talks about how they are gonna' get a TD to make it 13-7, then get a turnover and take the lead. Of course, that happened. Then when they got the big 4th down stop, he kept saying "They already know what's gonna' happen."
    So good.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:33 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Has everyone seen Russ Mic'd up on Seahawks Saturday? He is so incredibly fired up, focuses, calm, all of it.
    People call him a Robot, WRONG. Watch it and you will see nothing but a very intense and vocal leader. Was pretty funny hearing him drop F bombs like crazy at the end. He even talks about how they are gonna' get a TD to make it 13-7, then get a turnover and take the lead. Of course, that happened. Then when they got the big 4th down stop, he kept saying "They already know what's gonna' happen."
    So good.

Yeah, that $h!t legitimately gave me goosebumps getting a peek inside his head IN GAME, and how he literally VISUALIZES things. I wish I could afford a Trevor Moawad level mental coach. He is easily one of Russell's best investments.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:24 pm
  • His desire to win is next level. How many QB's can say TRULY get better when the game is on the line? I've said it a thousand times, but he is clearly one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL. Period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:10 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:His desire to win is next level. How many QB's can say TRULY get better when the game is on the line? I've said it a thousand times, but he is clearly one of the best finishers in the history of the NFL. Period.

I wish we weren't quite so often in positions where he has to close out the game with heroics.

Yet if we weren't in those positions, we'd never see so deeply into that corner of his makeup, the clutch gene at work.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:26 pm
  • Yeah, no doubt. A yawner from time to time would rock :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:27 pm
  • For whatever my opinion is worth, find a way to give this interview a listen.

It’s 50 mins but worth every one of them.

I understand that it’s tough for some to just sit down for an hour to listen to something like this but get it done.

Even if you listen in a couple sessions during your drive time.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information