Russ Tonight

Polk738

Reaction score
I agree that he's playing great ball, though. I just don't think he's capable of playing great ball anymore outside of this framework of heavy rushing and letting Russ push the ball while limiting his overall passing attempts. If he were being forced to throw it 40 times in a dysfunctional offense, he'd be right back to 2022. This seems reasonable after watching his career to this point.

I've always said, limit his overall pass attempts and buoy the offense with a heavy run split, and Russ can operate at his best. He's 24th overall in pass attempts and has 3 quarterbacks ahead of him with 1-2 less games played, and he's already back to his old self.

I'll double down on that, his OL, running game AND defense all look marginally better than in the beginning of the season-he is playing better by a lot but like you said he isn't having to carry the load, his OL is giving him a lot of time to throw and opening huge holes for Williams though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree that he's playing great ball, though. I just don't think he's capable of playing great ball anymore outside of this framework of heavy rushing and letting Russ push the ball while limiting his overall passing attempts. If he were being forced to throw it 40 times in a dysfunctional offense, he'd be right back to 2022. This seems reasonable after watching his career to this point.

I've always said, limit his overall pass attempts and buoy the offense with a heavy run split, and Russ can operate at his best. He's 24th overall in pass attempts and has 3 quarterbacks ahead of him with 1-2 less games played, and he's already back to his old self.
You’re not wrong I just think most guys are that way. Russ does have a couple years with zero running game and a historically bad line and put up really good numbers so I do think people overstate that point but regardless at this point in his career it’s definitely true.

When you watch Denver’s games it’s really weird though. He’s had to make multiple miraculous throws to win games for them. He’s more than just a manager even if the box score seems to show it that way if that makes sense. He’s made two throws to Sutton for touchdowns that maybe only 1-3 guys in the whole league make.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He is game managing but it’s not in the traditional sense. They are asking him when needed to win them the game and it’s not something you normally see with guys playing that way. It’s kind of cool to see some old Russ at times flash

hawker84

Reaction score
I will always root for Russ, he left it all in the field for us every season behind some of the worst OIines in NFL history. I think he's weird and socially awkward, but to each their own. He brought my franchise a SB thats all i care about, I will always be grateful for that. Rooting against him is weird to me, but whatever gets you through the night. 🙄🤷

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Sounds Iike the game plan we should have for Geno to be successful. Russ would be a kitchen fire as well in our offense.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was rooting for the Browns but it was kinda cool to see Russ look a little like our Russ. Definitely more nimble, trim, not making terrible mistakes. I am stunned both the Broncos and us are 6-5 at this stage but that's life in the NFL.

Clearly he's listening to Payton's messaging. He's wearing Broncos Orange so I could honestly give a crap if he wins or loses but I admit I was mildly happy for the guy today. He's been through more shit than any player I can think of in the past year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I was rooting for the Browns but it was kinda cool to see Russ look a little like our Russ. Definitely more nimble, trim, not making terrible mistakes. I am stunned both the Broncos and us are 6-5 at this stage but that's life in the NFL.

Clearly he's listening to Payton's messaging. He's wearing Broncos Orange so I could honestly give a crap if he wins or loses but I admit I was mildly happy for the guy today. He's been through more shit than any player I can think of in the past year.
His success is vindicating to our coaching staff, in a way. Why? Because he's doing what I and a few others said he needed to.

Low attempts. Game runs through the rushing game. Bam, he's himself again. They drug Pete and Co. through the mud for "stifling" Russell, but Payton knew what was up.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not to mention Payton didn't put up with his Me3 nonsense. Screw your special treatment, your special parking spot, your personal office. He slapped him back down to reality where he belonged. You are not above the team, ding dong.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
If only it were every Seahawk playing each down as if they were auditioning for the job.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Or you continue to be wrong about him when you try to convince everyone he’s one of the worst QB’s in the league and people remaining you of Joe wrong you’ve been on this issue is probably a little frustrating?

????? I don't really have to convince anyone that Russ is massively under-performing his contract. By the way, I never said he was one of the worst quarterbacks. Certainly has played like it but I didn't make that claim.

But, no, It's really not that hard to look at Russ's performance and conclude he isn't playing up to the level of his contract. I'm not invested in Russ like some are, so whether he improves his play isn't important to me like it is to some, like you.

But yeah, Russ is playing what many have called "PeteBall" for how many years now? What happened to the let Russ cook stuff? It doesn't work.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Can we just get a separate forum for Russ posts - ?!

I mean, c'mon.....

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Can we just get a separate forum for Russ posts - ?!

I mean, c'mon.....
There are four Wilson/Broncos threads on the first page in this subforum.

There are threads that haven't had a post since three days ago at the bottom of the first page.

I think you're being a bit dramatic here.

Xxx

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I am still rooting against him. I mean, last year was a blast due to all the well known circumstances and even though I think we still can get a better draft position with one of the picks next April with more Broncos losses (and who among us don't like to see the Broncos lose?), I just don't have the same feeling this year. He's quietly been producing this year. I'll never hate the guy, he simply meant too much to me as a Seattle Seahawk, but he's no longer part of the family as long as he is wearing orange.

One of my fringe teams I root for outside of the Jags, Lions and Browns (if they don't affect us) is the Bills. So by default...

GO BILLS!
I’m not. For me he has paid his penance in full. Going through last year and all the personal ridicule was enough. He has almost became an underdog in my mind and I have a certain affinity for the underdog.

And by that I mean I’m rooting for him

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
There are four Wilson/Broncos threads on the first page in this subforum.

There are threads that haven't had a post since three days ago at the bottom of the first page.

I think you're being a bit dramatic here.
Dramatic - too funny - I got drama for ya ;)