Reality Check

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rodgers looked not only human but flawed today. The Bucs D exposed him, wreaking havoc from the start to finish. Wow their LB's were off the charts. MVP talk for him gets a back seat for at least a week with our boy Russ having that title firmly in hand at the moment.

Think of it as a race and Russ just gained an extra 100 steps even without playing a down today.

Rams were heavy favorites to beat the depleted 49ers. Yet, the 9ers played aggressive as if their very season depended on it and it did. Kudos to them for beating a good divisional rival. Double kudos for making the Seahawks journey a bit easier now with a solid 2 game lead in the division. Still a lot of football left to play but I cannot underestimate the importance of these victories today that favors our boys.

Your Seattle Seahawks are the only undefeated team in the NFC. That. Is. HUGE.

Right now, and no, it's not the wine talking, I just can't see Russell Wilson losing to any team right now.

Can you?

Not being arrogant, not being smug...It's the God's honest truth in how I feel right now.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Rams can beat Chicago next week, they are still a threat. SF was fighting for their season and the Rams didn’t play like they needed the win.

I think Russ has looked unstoppable, barring injuries I think we could dance with an undefeated season. Feels like only our division rivals stand in our way.

FPD

Reaction score
For a day off, we made out. Knock on wood, or whatever your working superstition is! With obvious benefits, having both the Rams and Packers lose today was so very important. We just need the Cards to drop their game tomorrow night for a nearly perfect weekend.

Now, hopefully, our D gets better with returning players and the O gets even more stable.

rcaido

Reaction score
Was hoping the Titans & Stealer would lose though...At least one will lose next week.

Chiefs vs Bills game, whoever wins this will start getting the MVP talk im guessing. Russ really needs to string a lot of big time games against the NFC Least + Jets game. I think he gets the MVP this year!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And seeing Erin and his ridiculous dance in the end zone...…….made it SO much better to see him and his team get smoked.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I began this year expecting to see a Rams dive. They have surprised me. Just hope rooting for the 9ers last night doesn't come back to bite. They did a great job containing McDonnell last night. I'm sure our guys are watching the film on how they did that, just as everyone on the league will be adopting the Vike's 2 deep scheme against us.
Having Gordon back could help us with that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I suspect the Rams will be good as well. But, they have only won against the pathetic NFC East.
People always point out how easy the Hawks schedule is, the same can be said for the Rams and other teams.

nanomoz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":s7iffxpq said:
And seeing Erin and his ridiculous dance in the end zone...…….made it SO much better to see him and his team get smoked.

I found that to be one of the only likable moments of the dude in his career. In case you didn't know, it was homage to Key and Peele's McCringleberry skit. Which is one of my favorite comic skits of all time.

[youtube]PLrjmU0CGI9lnvnp1XwuaESmLur2IkMlGH[/youtube]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Our Division games are going to be rough. Those teams know how to play us and those games are always close. McVay's Rams seem to come alive against the Hawks too.

I think we lose a couple division games, but in the rest of the schedule I honestly don't see anyone outside the division beating the Hawks right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3lw69ywi said:
Right now, and no, it's not the wine talking, I just can't see Russell Wilson losing to any team right now..

Every team we've played has a losing record, so I am not as all in as you. Obviously 5-0 is awesome, but I shall keep my Super Bowl or bust excitement tempered until after the next five games.

Even with the Niners decimated roster, this division is nasty, and we can always count on divisional opponents to give Russell fits, as they know how to scheme him better than anyone.

The good news is 5-0 gives us the wiggle room to drop a couple divisional games. So even if we go 3-2 in the next five games, that's 8-2, and with the back end of our schedule? Should be good enough to be playing for a 13-3 type record, which is usually enough to get the #1 seed.

Long story short Aros, get back to me with this thread in five games.

SrHeffe

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2naxvpmg said:

THIS. What an idiot.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
What? They only had to beat the cards last and all stars aligned against them.

Maybe the defense improves. I'd really like see more intent to convert than hero balls, but it is exciting when it works.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I will take a "wait and see" approach during these next few weeks. The 'Hawks have taken care of business so far which is a good sign. But, they haven't exactly played any powerhouse teams. Green Bay is very dangerous. Tampa Bay was able to pressure Rodgers. Can Seattle get that same pressure? Chicago has a very good defense. New Orleans will be better when they get healthy. I think Carolina will be a team to keep an eye on. We just have to take it one week at a time and hope we get lucky with the injury bug. We have seen what this offense is capable of. The defense needs to get better.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SrHeffe":2ry1th9e said:
SoulfishHawk":2ry1th9e said:

THIS. What an idiot.

Double this. I love watching that smug pr*ck be put in his place. By far my favorite victory yesterday. Too bad Titans and Steelers won, but the Packers losing is all the love I needed yesterday.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2naz54cj said:
Long story short Aros, get back to me with this thread in five games.

I hear ya. Our toughest test is these next 6 weeks. I stand in my conviction that there's nobody better than Russell Wilson right now and he alone could make up for our warts on D. Time will tell.

LTH

Reaction score
Everybody already knows what I'm going to say... LOL

I watched Petes PC today and I really listened to how he communicated his answers... My perception is that I think Carroll has a special feeling about this group... what does that mean? It means that through all the covid stuff through all politics it has brought this team closer than any other team these guys are buying in, believing, hook line and sinker....Buying into what? Buying into Pete's philosophy's of how to be the best and what every member of the organization has to do, to do their job at the highest level, This team is close and they play for each other... When you mix great talent with total knowing and belief in each other as well individually...you throw into that mix, really focused, intense hard work and that is a recipe for great success...

I dont see this team losing another game this year because of how close this team is and how motivated this team is...

I dont look past the Cards Niners or Rams I just dont think these teams are focused like the Hawks are ... sure they have great talent and they are good football teams. The Niners showed a lot of heart and resilience beating the Rams but neither team has what Russ has got he has just moved it to a whole different level...In fact the whole team has move it to a different level you just dont see it yet.. The D is going to be there...

Just my take we will see what happens coming off this bye week...

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
Yes, the Rams and Packers had stinkers this week. 99% of teams have them on their best seasons. This doesn't convince me that either of those teams are not scary teams. And now that the Cardinals just pummelled the Cowboys.... We gotta know, this ain't no cake walk.

As good as Russ is, I'm sure he's in line for at least one, if not a couple of stinkers. I'd just feel a lot better if our D turns around somehow... sonner rather than later.

FPD

Reaction score
TypeSly":2yaxzr8k said:
Yes, the Rams and Packers had stinkers this week. 99% of teams have them on their best seasons. This doesn't convince me that either of those teams are not scary teams. And now that the Cardinals just pummelled the Cowboys.... We gotta know, this ain't no cake walk.

As good as Russ is, I'm sure he's in line for at least one, if not a couple of stinkers. I'd just feel a lot better if our D turns around somehow... sooner rather than later.

This...100% This. We'll definitely see soon!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After last night, I expect people to freak out all week. Any game with a divisional opponent will be tough.
So they beat a crap team that doesn't Dak. Big deal.

Latest posts