Quick Hits

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
  • A lot of warm and fuzzies to go around this weekend. Kudos to the organization for putting together a great weekend celebrating the 10 year anniversary of our Super Bowl championship, gathering a majority of the players from that team to commune and reflect on that incredible year.
  • From the fans to the play on the field, it seemed evident that the spirit of the anniversary carried through. Probably the loudest the fans have been in quite sometime causing 8 false starts, and the defense played aggressively and the hits seemed a little harder than usual. Golden Tate said after the game that the crowd seemed louder than he remembers when he played on that championship team.
  • It’s extraordinary how banged up we are right now yet they showed amazing resilience. Pete reminded them at halftime not to repeat what happened in Week 1. They responded beautifully.
  • That PI call on Spoon was disgusting. Probably the most pissed off I have been in a long time. I truly felt the conspiracy angles brewing within my bloodstream. I even told my buddy it’s calls like that that makes fans wonder if there’s not some element at play to keep game’s competitive.
  • On that same drive there was a blatant hold on one of our linemen that they didn’t call. Meanwhile they picked up a huge gain. Out came the tin foil hat.
  • Outside of our center is there any other starter playing on our OL? It’s unreal. Stone was getting owned most of the game and I was wondering why they weren’t bringing the TEs in to help like they did against the Lions? Maybe one of you X’s and O’s aficionados can shed some light?
  • Give me that one two punch of K9 and Charb all season long please. Damn if they stay healthy look out.
  • Not the greatest performance by Geno today but gutsy and he made the plays he needed to in the second half. Nothing so far has changed my opinion that he is the real deal.
  • BOBO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Is it true that Lockett only caught one pass and it was that amazing 2 point conversion?
  • I can’t wait to see what this team looks like fully healthy. Damn, this team has true potential to be scary but PLEASE keep working on improving 3rd down on both sides of the ball!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Great write up. I’ll add that Lewis hurt his hand but did eventually come back on the game so that helps, but injuries have piled up disgustingly high. I enjoyed the win immensely and would like to pull out 3-1 on MNF before getting to the bye and getting our guys healthy.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
The hold you mentioned was on Reed and it was blatant. I was really surprised it didn't get called. If I recall it was the play after the PI on Spoon.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Lockette had another catch. It was the one where he ducked down before getting hit. It was in the 2nd half i believe.

Not throwing shade on him or anything just how I remember the play went down.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That’s right, I do recall that now. My buddy said “He’s not being a (wimp) when he does that. He got the yards he could and falling down is smart there and why he is still playing after all these years.”

Astute.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And shout out to Jason for not letting his slump mess with his brain in this game. 5/5 for 15 points. Without those points we are 1-2. Every player matters.