Russ had check down options on last drive in regulation.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Per Pete Russ had options to check to a pass and didnt.

So fire Russ now?

Or still pete?

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2fgxezes said:

So fire Russ now?

Or still pete?

well first off what were the option just saying pass means little.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":27u97zdl said:
Shanegotyou11":27u97zdl said:

So fire Russ now?

Or still pete?

Idk. Doesn't matter. Russ could of checked to a pass and didn't. I know you will defend Russ but highly doubt Pete would lie.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2cg0wx71 said:
John63":2cg0wx71 said:
Shanegotyou11":2cg0wx71 said:

So fire Russ now?

Or still pete?

Idk. Doesn't matter. Russ could of checked to a pass and didn't. I know you will defend Russ but highly doubt Pete would lie.

I am not debating if he could have or not. But what if the pass play choice he had was worse than the run? Thats why it matters. Wilson felt the run play was better than the pass option obviously. We will never know. However we do know thr actual play that was the called play did not.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Imagine they called a pass, it went incomplete, gave AZ the ball with an additional 40 seconds and we lose that way. Yall would lose your shit.

It was a sensible call on 3rd and 2, it just didn't work out. Too bad.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3l2f51f9 said:
Imagine they called a pass, it went incomplete, gave AZ the ball with an additional 40 seconds and we lose that way. Yall would lose your $h!t.

Disagree based on the notion of going down with your very best. If Wilson attempted a pass to DK or Lockett and it was incomplete or intercepted, you at least attempted to place the ball in your absolute best players with the game on the line (especially considering our porous defense and the likelihood of Murray driving down for a TD or FG)

Putting the ball in Hyde's hands needing a full 2 yards with AZ expecting the conservative run call was not the best call. Russ should've checked down or the run play shouldn't have been called at all in the first place.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
pinksheets":w1zx6vn8 said:
Imagine they called a pass, it went incomplete, gave AZ the ball with an additional 40 seconds and we lose that way. Yall would lose your $h!t.

Agree.

It's one of those double-bluff options but it always comes down to - you need 2 yards and run the clock, therefore pass is the least favourable option. Where you run it - middle, off tackle, read option, I would have liked the last with DK, etc blocking.

Just my tuppence worth.

Chawker

Reaction score
From the shot gun do a quick fake to DK on a WR screen then hit the TE on a six step post straight up the field. The ball would be gone in 2 second, to a big target, the LBers wouldn't be there and he'd be one on one with the safty.

Simple1 and affective. Russ has never had good luck with any TEs.

Latest posts