Media Power Rankings

W

Welshers

Look, I know it doesn't matter. I'm aware it's pointless, but this team is being disrespected! #7 in espn rankings, #9 in NFL.com and #10 in SI. Once again the media disrespecting us... which is fine by me! Hopefully it gives tge guys some fire and we prove em wrong, because we shouldn't be ranked behind the buccaneers in every single rankings

El Caliente

Reaction score
The media might disrespect and disregard the Seahawks but I know that as a Saints fan, the last team I want to face is the Seahawks. Russ and those receivers are dangerous. If the defense can improve (and Adams stepping it up would cause that) they could be a serious threat to any team in the NFL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm a strange cat anyway, but I'm always hoping they rank the Hawks nice and low. Anything for the chip....

James in PA

Reaction score
Any power ranking that currently has Tampa Bay or the Raiders ranked above us cannot be taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Saw one today that didn't even have the Hawks in the top 10, and had Arizona ranked higher.
So hilarious

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
James in PA":1u9o9x03 said:
Any power ranking that currently has Tampa Bay or the Raiders ranked above us cannot be taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've been pretty good this season. Beat the Chiefs, almost did it a second time, and Carr has been playing at an elite level.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
As much as we may disagree - if I were a national media pundit, I'd struggle placing the team on track to have the worst defense of all time any higher than that.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
#7, #9, and #10 I wouldn't really consider disrespectful considering the tragedy that is this teams defense. I mean those rankings are primarily because the Seahawks Offense has been doing 90% of the work this season.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It's like 2005 all over again.

The Power Rankings ship sailed when the Hawks won the offseason in 2013 and backed it up by being ranked 1 or 2 all season in the Power Rankings complete with an SB victory.

After that, they seem kind of pointless.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a list, it means absolutely nothing. They don't need to crack the top 5, they just need to win games.
It's not the BCS, it's just a media created list. Makes for decent conversation, but that's about it.
And the Defense is playing better and I suspect will continue to. Even if people will say it's only because of who they play in these upcoming games blah blah blah :mrgreen:

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1pick73y said:
#7, #9, and #10 I wouldn't really consider disrespectful considering the tragedy that is this teams defense. I mean those rankings are primarily because the Seahawks Offense has been doing 90% of the work this season.
Before the Cards game we were #1 in a lot of polls despite the D being on pace to shatter all time lows. It'll take more than one good game on D and successful running game to climb back up. This "media hates/disrespects us" is so utterly tiring to read in almost every single topic. That ship sailed in the season of XVIII.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
7-3 with 6 games to play, the only thing I'm paying attention to. Lists are good for clicks, that's about it.
I get a good laugh when I see them to be honest. Especially some of the teams they claim are better than the Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have the defense to thank mostly and Russells multiple Turnover games, he is now being labeled as dropping ground and second or third for MVP also.

As things tighten up and the Rams having a game on us we are considered hopes to make the playoffs as a Wild Card right now.

Have to earn it.

keasley45

Reaction score
Can't argue with a 10, honestly. What's beginning to shake out this time of year is which teams have the best balance overall. despite the magic of the offense, anybody who has watched us over the last few weeks would rightfully wonder whether we can survive our own defense or our ineptitude along the OLine at times to actually threaten a solid team. Yes, we beat Arizona last round, but who else?

Id be happy to claim to be a fan of probably the only team in the league that would rank at 10 that actually has a high enough ceiling that they could legitimately dominate in the playoffs.

Proof is in the pudding, and to date, the pudding hasn't been consistently sweet...

But it could be...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not that it matters even a little bit, but they are not the 10th best team in the league. They are around 6 or 7 imo.
Even if some people think they are the Jets :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34oojbvr said:
As much as we may disagree - if I were a national media pundit, I'd struggle placing the team on track to have the worst defense of all time any higher than that.

This.

Plus the fact that we are 2-3 in our last 5 games.

Putting us in the top 10 is arguably fairly generous considering those 2 factors.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
With our defense #10 is fair.. id say maybe even 12 is better with our defense.. wth is OP talking about

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
12?? Ok...…
This place is gonna' be brutal if they won't win by at least 2 or 3 touchdowns on Monday night :?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
fivethirtyeight's current ELO rating has them sitting at 8th.

The Bucs ELO score cluster (two teams below Seattle) through Green Bay (four teams above Seattle) is reasonably tight. The top three teams above that have a much higher score.

Given this teams very high PPG allowed and low point differential, they have a lot to prove in the closing weeks to be comparable to the Chiefs, Saints, and Steelers. Among the Packers, Colts, Rams, Ravens, Bills, and Bucs, who knows.

If this defense plays more like they did last game and in the first half against SF, then they could be among the best teams. But if they put up several more games like they have played almost all season I don't think you can look at them and think they're easily one of the top teams in the league. They're still good and will make the playoffs and you never know if they'll just get a 2011 Giants kind of streak going, but come on.